IN THIS EDITION:
- Art Auction: Tickets on sale now!
- K-6th Yearbook Cover Contest – LAST WEEK TO TURN IN YOUR DRAWINGS!
- K-4th Dr. Seuss week February 27-March 3
- Author-Illustrator Rosemary Wells to visit NDPA Elementary
- Love for Art Dunk
- Check the Lost & Found
- After-School Activities: 5th & 6th Basketball Skills
- Turn in your Box Tops!
- Volunteer Opportunities: Art Auction Craft Day TOMORROW!
- Need help logging volunteer hours?
- Upcoming Events
- Annual calendars and Marquee Greetings
ART AUCTION: Tickets on Sale Now! – Come enjoy a night “Under the Sea” at NDPA’s 12th Annual Art Auction, Friday, March 10, 6:00 PM, at the Davis Conference Center (1652 North 700 West, Layton). This is our school’s largest annual fundraiser. $25 per ticket includes dinner. Purchase tickets at https://ndpa.regtix.com you can also find order forms at the POET desk. This is an adult only event. Ticket order deadline is March 3rd. Be sure to invite grandparents, alumni, and friends!
- BUSINESS DONATIONS: I just wanted to say thank you to the parents who have donated from their various businesses. We really appreciate you. I am asking if anyone else has a business or a connection to any kind of business if they could donate. It could be a gift certificate, money, or any kind of item. If you do decide to donate or get a donation please email me at: email@example.com. I have a letter that includes our tax information. We are also in need of more people to call local businesses to get donations. Please email or call me at 801-380-7659. We do need all donations at the school by February 28. Thank you so much for all your help in making the Art Auction a success.
- PHOTOS AT THE ART AUCTION: This year we will have a photographer at the Art Auction! Norma Carver Photography (Norma is a NDPA parent) will come and take photos during the event; we are so excited to have her be a part of this night! Prints will be $15 for 2 pictures, 1 picture for $10; cash only. 50% of the proceeds will be donated to the Art Auction. If you have any questions please email Isabel at firstname.lastname@example.org
K-6th YEARBOOK COVER CONTEST
Submit your Black & White drawing, sketch, doodle on PLAIN white(no lined) paper of any size, with NDPA related things, to the POET desk.
**Deadline Extended to Friday, February 24th
Include your Name, Grade & Teacher with your entry!
Questions or Concerns about what to draw?
Contact-Audrey Laser email@example.com or Shelly Madsen firstname.lastname@example.org
K-4TH DR. SEUSS WEEK – The elementary building will be doing some fun things to celebrate Dr. Seuss’ birthday this coming week! This is for Kindergerten through 4th grades only.
- Monday, February 27 – “Whoville” Crazy Hair Day
- Tuesday, February 28 – “Fox in Socks” Wacky Socks
- Wednesday, March 1 – “Cat in the Hat” Crazy Hat Day
- Thursday, March 2 – “Thing 1, Thing 2” Twin Day (plus 1st grade Dr. Seuss lunch with parents at 10:30 AM.)
- Friday, March 3 – “The Places You’ll Go” College Shirt Day
Note: Students should be in regular school uniform every day except Twin Day and College Shirt Day.
AUTHOR-ILLUSTRATOR ROSEMARY WELLS COMING TO NDPA! On Thursday, March 2, Ms. Wells will present to grades 1-4 and talk about how we should “Book up Our Kids.” She will then do book signings 11:15 AM-12:30 PM and 3:00-4:00 PM. She will be signing all books that she has authored under her name. Parents are welcome to attend, see schedule below to attend with your student. This is a terrific opportunity for students and parents alike!
- 8:45-9:30 AM – 2nd grade
- 9:45-10:30 AM – 1st grade
- 10:30 AM – 1st grade lunch with parents
- 11:15 AM-12:30 PM – Book signing in Elementary library
- 12:45-1:30 PM – 3rd grade
- 1:45-2:30 PM – 4th grade
- 3:00-4:00 PM – Book signing in Elementary library
LOVE FOR ART DUNK – Thank you so much to everyone who donated money for Show Your Love for Art. We will be dunking them Friday, March 3, at 12:30 PM on the side of the Jr. High building (near the rock wall). Everyone is welcome to come! Misty Smith earned the most donations and will be dunked twice!
Do you want to dunk a teacher? You can buy raffle tickets for your chance to during lunch on March 1-2. Raffle tickets are a dollar a piece and you can buy as many as you want to increase your chances!
CHECK THE LOST & FOUND – Be sure to check the lost & found for missing coats, gloves, hats, boots, water bottles, and NDPA hoodies. Any remaining items in the lost & found will be donated at the end of this month.
- 5TH AND 6TH GRADERS ONLY!! After-School Basketball Skills class taught by Coach Noal. Tuesdays, 3:00-4:00 PM, March 7, 14, 21, 28, $25. Sign-up at the POET DESK in the Jr. High Building. Make checks to POET and put in the POET drop box. Parent/Guardian must sign waiver that is in the sign-up binder.
TURN IN YOUR BOX TOPS – It’s that time of year again to start turning in those Box Tops you’ve been collecting! You can turn them in at the POET desk in either building.
- ART AUCTION CRAFT DAY – TOMORROW, Saturday, February 25, from 9:00 AM-1:00 PM in the elementary gym. Volunteers will need to bring hot glue guns and scissors, and wear clothes that can get dirty since we will be spray painting. If anyone wants to volunteer please contact me so I can keep a total of people coming and group everyone up accordingly. Thanks so much! Allie Longoria, Amlongoria87@gmail.com, 801-721-9420
- ART AUCTION DONATIONS – We are in need of more volunteers to get donations for our Art Auction! We only have a few weeks left to get donations. Please contact Isabel Patterson at email@example.com or 801-380-7659 for more details.
- ELEMENTARY TABLE SETUP – Parents: Author and Illustrator Rosemary Wells is headed to NDPA, and we need your help. Volunteers are needed to come before school begins to setup the lunch tables for the day as well as for the 1st grade Dr. Seuss lunch, so that they will all be ready to go when lunch starts. This should take about 25 minutes to setup. If you are able to help, use this lnk: http://signup.com/go/SPDn2g This is a fun way to get your volunteer hours.
- FIELD DAY – The school year has been moving fast. We are starting to think about end of the year activities. The Junior High is in need of a Field Day Team Coordinator and Committee Members to plan and execute Field Day on May 22nd. Please sign up at http://signup.com/go/xMqSoZ
NEED HELP WITH VOLUNTEER HOURS? If you need help logging your volunteer hours or finding out how many you’ve logged, please go to the volunteer page on our website: http://northdavisprep.org/?page_id=243 or contact Rebecca Miner, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monday, February 27 – Mock Trial Competition @ Davis County Courthouse, 8:30 AM
Monday, February 27 – AFTER-SCHOOL: EcoGeeks, “Joseph” rehearsal
Tuesday, February 28 – Girl’s Basketball Playoffs. %:00 PM. Jr. High gym
Wednesday, March 1 – Jr. High WSU Storytelling Festival field trip
Wednesday, March 1 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Soccer Tryouts, FBLA, “Joseph” rehearsal, Bagpipes (4:30-5:15), Cheer (6:00)
Wednesday, March 1 – 1st grade program, 6:30 PM
Thursday, March 2 – Mock Trial Competition @ Holladay Justice Courthouse, 9:00 AM
Thursday, March 2 – Rosemary Wells visit
Thursday, March 2 – 1st grade lunch with parents, 10:30 AM
Thursday, March 2 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Science Olympiad practice
Thursday, March 2 – Community Council, 3:30 PM
Friday, March 3 – Dollar Dress Day
Friday, March 3 – Love for Art Dunk, 12:30 PM
Friday, March 3 – Mock Trial Competition @ West Valley City Justice Court, 1:00 PM
Friday, March 3 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Science Olympiad, Music Club, EcoGeeks, “Joseph” rehearsal, Dance, Cheer (3:30)
Friday, March 3 – Jr. High Night Games (TBD)
Saturday, February 4 – Science Olympiad Regionals, TBD
Saturday, February 4 – Volleyball open-gym, 10:00 AM
Monday, March 6 – AFTER-SCHOOL: EcoGeeks, Future Cheer, “Josep” rehearsal, Volleyball
Tuesday, March 7 – AFTER-SCHOOL: 5th-6th Basketball skills, Mighty Kicks, Future Cheer, Volleyball (4:00 PM)
Tuesday, March 7 – Spain 2017 Parent Meeting (mandatory)
Wednesday, March 8 – FBLA Middle Level State Competition
Wednesday, March 8 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Techno Club, “Joseph” rehearsal, Art, Bagpipes (4:30-5:15), Cheer (6:00)
Wednesday, March 8 – POET meeting 6:30 PM
Thursday, March 9 – 3rd grade fielt trip (see teacher for details)
Thursday, March 9 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Science Olympiad
Thursday, March 9 – Faculty vs Students Basketball game with Future Cheer performance
Thursday, March 9 – Basketball Banquet
Friday, March 10 – AFTER-SCHOOL: LA Honors Discussion Group, Science Olympiad, Music Club, EcoGeeks, Mock Trial, “Joseph” rehearsal, Dance, Cheer (3:30)
Friday, March 10 – NDPA Annual Art Auction, 6:00 PM
Saturday, March 11 – Science Olympiad Practice, 10:00 AM
Saturday, March 11 – Volleyball open-gym, 10:00 AM
Current school year 2016-17 calendar: http://northdavisprep.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/2016-2017CalendarNDPA.pdf
NEXT 2017-18 SCHOOL YEAR calendar, click here: http://northdavisprep.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/2017-2018-Calendar-BOARD-APPROVED-2-01-17-NDPA-1.pdf
NDPA Marquee Greetings: http://northdavisprep.org/?page_id=5854