Our Focus: Spanish Language & Culture
North Davis Preparatory Academy (NDPA) is a public charter school in Layton with a Spanish language focus for students in grades K-9. Every NDPA student studies Spanish and experiences learning with international teachers.
NDPA is Utah’s first International Spanish Academy. The Ministry of Education of Spain awarded this prestigious honor to us in 2010. The criteria to receive this designation are very high, and NDPA is proud of our commitment to the high standards of Spanish language and culture instruction required for this honor.
NDPA has more teachers from Spain than any other school in the United States and Canada. We currently have 18 teachers from Spain.
NDPA is a Public Charter School
- All NDPA teachers hold valid Utah Educator Licenses or equivalent as authorized by the Utah State Office of Education and are highly qualified for their teaching assignments. Educator qualifications are listed under each teacher’s biography.
- Admission to NDPA is done through a lottery system. A charter school is part of the public education system and must be open to all students, without discrimination. If the number of students applying to enroll in a charter school exceeds the capacity of the school, those students are chosen at random from among the applicants.
- Parents are expected to provide 30 hours of volunteer time annually. One of the greatest differences between a charter school and a public school is the relationship between the families and the school. Our parents provide special activities, assistance in the classrooms, and extra help with school activities. Parents are the backbone of NDPA.
- The Parent Organization at NDPA is the POET. Just like a PTA or PTO, our POET helps organize special activities for our school and advocate for our students. All parents of NDPA students are members, and no dues are required.
- NDPA has a uniform policy. Parents are notified of uniform requirements prior to enrollment as well as any changes that may take place at the beginning of any school year.
Additional Information About Charter Schools:
North Davis Preparatory Academy students develop a love of learning, experience high academic achievement, and enjoy high bi-literate proficiency.
Our Core Values
Our End Statements
Our Agreement with Spain
We have been designated as an International Spanish Academy by the Ministry of Education of Spain because of our commitment to teaching the Spanish language and the quality of our instruction.