Mar 30, 2018
SPRING BREAK – NEXT WEEK – Monday, April 2-Friday, April 6
IN THIS EDITION:
- Lost & Found pick up TODAY!
- Art Auction – Reserve your Party Table today!
- 7th-9th Skate Party
- Mighty Kicks Soccer
- Shrek Jr. Reserved Seating Tickets
- Spain Summer Exchange Program
- Apple for the Teacher Award
- Upcoming Events
- Annual Calendar & Quick Links
CHECK THE LOST & FOUND – Lost & Found items will be picked up in both buildings TODAY. Be sure to come check before your items get donated. If you are missing smaller items like, jewelry or glasses, check with the office.
ART AUCTION – APRIL 20, 2018 – TICKET DEADLINE EXTENDED! $25 per ticket. Buy tickets or donate here: https://ndpa.regtix.com
WHY BUY A TICKET??
- Support NDPA students!!!
- Money raised this year will go toward a camera security system for both buildings.
- Nice dinner and a fun night out.
- Reserve a “Party Table” and get free raffle tickets! *
- Purchase amazing art projects made by NDPA students.
- Fabulous Silent Auction baskets (things you would spend money on anyway) including museums, car washes, spa treatments, plays, photography, and more.
- Fantastic art from local artists.
* HOW DO I RESERVE A PARTY TABLE?
- GATHER together a group of 8 people to attend…think friends, family (grandparents love this event), book club, mother’s group, business associates, or random people you meet at carpool.
- PURCHASE – Each person buys their own tickets or you can purchase as a group at https://ndpa.regtix.com
- SEND the names of all 8 people who will be at your table to email@example.com. Use subject line: Party Table Reservation.
- A table reserved for your group (under the name of the person who emails).
- Two extra raffle tickets for each person at the table.
- An additional ticket given to the person who coordinates and sends the email (total of three extra).
- The opportunity to hang out at a wonderful community event with your favorite people!
- Don’t wait! Order your tickets and reserve your Party Table today!
7TH-9TH SKATE PARTY – Skate Party! Friday, April 20, 1:30-3:00 PM, junior high students are going to head over to Classic Fun Center and do some skating. Please make an arrangement for your student to get over there (there should be lots of cars headed that direction) and also an arrangement to pick your kids up promptly at 3:00 — we’d like our chaperones to be able to get ready for Art Auction that night.
MIGHTY KICKS SOCCER – Spring Session
Tuesdays – April 10, 17, 24, May 1
3:00-4:00 PM on the Elementary playground
$40 – REGISTER HERE! http://www.mightykicksnorthslc.net/davis-preparatory-academy.cfm
SHREK JR. RESERVED SEATING TICKETS – Reserved seating tickets for NDPA’s production of Shrek Jr. go on sale Tuesday, April 10, at 8:00 AM and will remain open through Friday, April 13, at 1:30 PM. Order forms must be submitted, with payment of $7 per ticket, to the Jr. High office. Reserved seating is sold on a first-come-first-served basis. Pre-order tickets will be available in will-call 30 minutes before each show. All other tickets will be sold at the box office on the day of the show.
Shrek Jr. Order Form: http://northdavisprep.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Shrek-Ticket-Order-Form-7.pdf
SPAIN SUMMER EXCHANGE PROGRAM – Israel Jarabo, a former NDPA JH teacher, has a group of students in his current school, ages 13-16, who are interested in doing a summer exchange with NDPA students. This is a great opportunity for families to host a Spanish student and help them experience American culture and, in return, help your student learn more about Spanish culture. Mr. Jarabo will facilitate the exchange program, visitors to Spain will go to his home town of San Vicente del Raspieg (information about the city here: https://www.immoabroad.com/blog/spain/alicante-costa-blanca/sant-vicent-del-raspeig). Date and length of stay are flexible. Please contact Israel Jarabo with questions, firstname.lastname@example.org.
APPLE FOR THE TEACHER AWARD – Students! Do you think your teacher is a superhero? Nominate your amazing teacher for the “Apple for the Teacher” award and they could win $500 in Aft-graphicprizes! Nominations will be open from March 26-April 11. The Standard Examiner will choose 20 of the best teachers to participate in a public vote. Click here to nominate your teacher today! http://www.standard.net/Education/2018/03/26/Apple-for-the-Teacher-2018-Who-s-the-best-teacher-in-Northern-Utah
Monday, April 2-Friday, April 6 – NO SCHOOL – SPRING BREAK
Monday, April 2-Friday, April 6 – Shrek rehearsals, 10:00 AM-12:00 PM
Saturday, April 7 – Spirit Squad, 7:00 AM
Saturday, April 7 – Volleyball Skills, 2:30 PM
Monday, April 9 – AFTER SCHOOL: “Shrek” rehearsal, Spirit Squad
Monday, April 9 – Soccer HOME vs Ogden Prep (at Ellison Park)
Tuesday, April 10 – Weber State Spanish Spelling Bee
Tuesday, April 10 – AFTER SCHOOL: Soccer Practice
Wednesday, April 11 – AFTER SCHOOL: “Shrek” rehearsal, K-6 Art, Spirit Squad
Wednesday, April 11 – Soccer HOME vs Spectrum (at Ellison Park)
Thursday, April 12 – AFTER SCHOOL: STEM, Science in Action,
Thursday, April 12 – POET meeting, 6:30 PM
Friday, April 13 – Dollar Dress Day
Friday, April 13 – AFTER SCHOOL: “Shrek” rehearsal, Soccer (2:30-4:00), Spirit Squad, Scoence Olympiad
Saturday, April 14 – Spirit Squad, 7:00 AM
Saturday, April 14 – Volleyball Skills, 2:30 PM
MARK YOUR CALENDARS
- NDPA LEO Night @ Chick-fil-a, Monday, April 16
- POET Annual Art Auction, Friday, April 20
VOLUNTEER APPLICATION: https://apps.raptortech.com/Apply/NDgyOmVuLVVT
VOLUNTEER PORTAL: https://apps.raptortech.com/Volunteer/Login/NDgyOlZvbHVudGVlcjplbi1VUw%3d%3d
2017-18 ANNUAL CALENDAR: http://northdavisprep.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/2017-2018-Calendar-BOARD-APPROVED-2-01-17-NDPA-1.pdf
2018-19 ANNUAL CALENDAR: http://northdavisprep.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/2018-19-Annual-Calendar.pdf
MARQUEE GREETINGS: http://signup.com/go/3yryKw
TEACHER KUDOS: http://signup.com/go/zLWhzL
NDPA ON FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/northdavisprep/
POET ON INSTAGRAM: poet_ndpa
BOX TOPS: http://www.boxtops4education.com/bonusapp