Only 4 days until the first day of school on Wednesday, August 17!
- Students should be ready to line up outside by 8:20 AM
- Monday-Thursday, students are released at 3:00 PM
- Fridays, students are released at 1:00 PM
IN THIS EDITION:
- Uniform Buy & Sell – One more day!
- School Supply List
- Did You Miss Back-to-School Night? Login to Gradebook!
- Join NDPA Alerts
- Pay for School Lunch Online
- Donate for the Whole Year of Dollar Dress Days for only $9.00
- Student Drop-off and Pick-up
- Science Olympiad for Grades 7-9
- Order Your K-6 Yearbook Now
- Getting and Logging Your Family’s 30 Hours of Volunteer Time
The UNIFORM BUY & SELL is still going on! Stop by tomorrow, Saturday, August 13, between 9:00 AM-2:00 PM to see what great deals you can get on gently used uniform pants and tops – they even have some NDPA hoodies and spirit shirts that can be worn on Fridays!
MISSED BACK TO SCHOOL NIGHT? That’s okay! You can login to Gradebook to see your student’s teacher.
- If you have not logged in to Gradebook before, click here for instructions: http://northdavisprep.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Parent-Aspire-Account-Setup.pdf. You will need to call the office in either building to get your student’s ID number; Elementary (801) 547-1809, Jr. High (801) 336-3601.
- Click here to link to the login page: https://ndavis.usoe-dcs.org/Login.aspx
JOIN NDPA ALERTS to receive important school messages – Be in the know by signing up for NDPA Alerts through remind.com! Text “@k-4alerts” or “@5-9alerts” to 81010. If you have trouble using 81010, try texting to (385) 218-6887.
SCHOOL LUNCH – See the menu here: http://northdavisprep.org/?page_id=346. Daily lunch rates are K-6 $2.00, 7-9 $2.40.
- To pay online: https://zb.rpropayments.com/Login/CheckOutFormLogin/wr7JiiOwhEY6e3puEXDIoW8UQUk- or stop by the office to get a payment envelope.
- To apply for Free & Reduced lunch, go to Gradebook, https://ndavis.usoe-dcs.org/Login.aspx, look for a link to apply on the right side of the screen. You can also pick up paper applications in either building in the office or lunchroom.
Donate for DOLLAR DRESS DAY for the year for only $9.00! You can find payment envelopes in the office at both buildings. All donations go directly to the field trip fund for your student’s grade.
DROP-OFF & PICK-UP PROCEDURES – The first few days can be a little tricky figuring out how to drop-off and pick up your student. You can familiarize yourself with the route here: http://northdavisprep.org/?page_id=235. Please be aware of students, fellow parents, and school employees around you – especially near walks and driveways – and be patient the first few days as we get into the swing of things.
SCIENCE OLYMPIAD – Science Olympiad is back! We have very big shoes to fill from last year’s 8th place at State and we need your help! Anyone interested in coaching an event, or even helping out with the team, there will be a coach meeting on Thursday, August 25th from 4:00 – 5:00 P.M. For more specific information on events offered this year visit: https://www.soinc.org/2017_div_b_events. This meeting is just for coaches so we’ll see you there!
Mrs. Adams, Science Olympiad Coordinator
ORDER YOUR K-6 YEARBOOK NOW – Making new friends and memories are important parts of school. Help your student keep the memories alive with an NDPA Elementary Yearbook! Order your 2016-17 yearbook for only $14. Visit yearbookordercenter.com or call 866-287-3096 – NDPA school code is 20030. Price will increase to $18 after December 16. No yearbooks will be sold the last day of school. Contact Audrey Laser, firstname.lastname@example.org or Shelly Madsen, email@example.com with questions or concerns.
VOLUNTEER HOURS – “POET” is NDPA’s parent organization, which puts together student and family activities and volunteerism throughout the year.
- Let POET know what events and activities you want to be a part of this year by signing up here: https://signup.com/login/entry/345783568091. A POET representative will contact you when it’s time to get started on the events you’ve selected.
- You should also watch Qué Pasa and Facebook for volunteer opportunities.
- Another way to find out about getting your volunteer hours is to contact your Class Captain – see a list here: http://northdavisprep.org/?page_id=243.
- Keep track of your hours throughout the year here: https://signup.com/login/entry/886031454072.
Wednesday, August 17 – First Day of School
- K-6 Picture Day (and Jr. High make-up day) – Thursday, September 1
- Dollar Dress Day – Friday, September 2
- NDPA Fun Run – Monday, September 19