Aug 22, 2018
IN THIS EDITION:
-Cross-Country Team begins Monday, August 20, 3:30 PM
-NDPA L.E.O. at Soda Science, Tuesday, August 21, ALL DAY!
-K-6 Picture Day & 7th-9th make-up, Wednesday, August 29
-NDPA Don Quixote Fun Run + volunteers wanted, September 10
-Time to order yearbooks
-Dollar Dress Days
-Join NDPA Alerts
-Easy ways to be "Part Of Every Thing" at NDPA
CROSS-COUNTRY - Students in grades 6-9 are invited to join the Cross-Country team. We will begin this Monday, August 20, at 3:30 PM. Come dressed in running clothes and meet in front of the jr. high building
NDPA L.E.O. AT SODA SCIENCE - NDPA’s first LEO Night of the 2018-19 school year will be on Tuesday, August 21st, all day! Plan on bringing your friends and families to Soda Science located at 792 Hill Field Road. Try out your mixology skills and make fun drink combinations! They have tasty food too, like Cookies, pretzels and sandwiches. Don’t forget to tell them you are with NDPA!
- - - What's L.E.O. Night? It's an opportunity to show your school pride AND have an excuse to eat out! L.E.O. businesses support our school by hosting our students, families, and friends. Then they contribute a portion of their sales from that day back to the school. Last year, L.E.O. nights provided funds for a Spain Study Abroad scholarship. We'll keep you posted about upcoming LEO dates so make sure you plan to come each time to support NDPA!
K-6 PICTURE DAY & 7TH-9TH MAKE-UP - Wednesday, August 29, we will begin at 8:30 and go until we've got everybody. You can pre-order packages at inter-state.com/order, use school code: 28530YF. 7th-9th GRADERS: If you missed registration day pictures, make sure you come ready to have your photos taken on August 29!
NDPA DON QUIXOTE FUN RUN - NDPA's 8th Annual Fun Run is less than a month away! https://youtu.be/b8QknIe0ZvQ
-DATE: Monday, September 10th, Check-in: 5:00-5:30 PM
-PARKING: On Hill Field Road, NDPA Elementary building, or you may park at Ellison Park or Ellison Elementary
-RACES: There will be a 5K race course and 1 mile race course
-COST: $12 per runner. 4 or more runners use code "quixote" for a discount!
-REGISTER TODAY at https://events.regtix.com/event/ndpas8thannualfunrun-donquixoterun.htm?xnocache=true
-REMINDER: THIS SHIRT CAN BE WORN ON FRIDAYS. YOU CAN BUY THE SHIRT WITHOUT ATTENDING THE EVENT!
VOLUNTEER FOR THE FUN RUN: Help us make this event fun for all!
Please sign up! Here's how it works in 3 easy steps:
1. Click this link to go to our invitation page on SignUp.com: http://signup.com/login/entry/1056982997165374058
2. Enter your email address: (You will NOT need to register an account on SignUp.com)
3. Sign up! Choose your spots - SignUp.com will send you an automated confirmation and reminders. Easy!
Note: SignUp.com does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact me and I can sign you up manually.
TIME TO ORDER YEARBOOKS! Go to www.yearbookordercenter.com
- Elementary code 20030
- Jr. High code 16104
DOLLAR DRESS DAYS – Our first Dollar Dress day is coming up on Friday, September 7. Click one of the links below to donate for your student’s entire year of Dollar Dress days (only $9) in advance!
- K-6 Payments: https://secureinstantpayments.com/sip/cart/event.php?EID=2775
- 7-9: https://secureinstantpayments.com/sip/cart/event.php?EID=2743
JOIN NDPA ALERTS to receive important school messages – Be in the know by signing up for NDPA Alerts through remind.com! Text “@k-4alerts” or “@5-9alerts” to 81010. If you have trouble using 81010, try texting to (385) 218-6887.
EASY WAYS TO BE "PART OF EVERY THING" AND DONATE TO NDPA!
- Collect Box Tops-Turn them in at the POET desks.
- Sign-up for the Smith’s Inspiring Donations Program and designate NDPA as your school choice.
- Use Amazon Smile when shopping on-line and designate NDPA as your charity choice.
- Join us for LEO (Lions Eat Out) Nights! Watch for the LEO announcements of various food establishments that donate money to our school when we visit there.
Money collected from these sources help to fund the POET budget. The budget is used to support student activities like Fiesta Grande, Spirit & Pride Weeks, Spain Scholarships, and Field Day.
Tuesday, August 21 - L.E.O. at Soda Science, all day
Tuesday, August 21 - AFTER SCHOOL: Spirit Squad
Wednesday, August 22 - First day of Kindergarten
Thursday, August 23 - AFTER SCHOOL: Spirit Squad
Saturday, August 25 - Spirit Squad, 7:00 AM
Tuesday, August 28 - AFTER SCHOOL: Spirit Squad
Wednesday, August 29 - K-6 Picture Day & Makup pictures for 7th-9th
Thursday, August 230- AFTER SCHOOL: Spirit Squad
Saturday, September 1 - Spirit Squad, 7:00 AM
MARK YOUR CALENDARS:
- No school - Labor Day, Monday, September 3
- Dollar Dress Day, Friday, September 7
- Don Quixote Fun Run, Monday, September 10