Sep 07, 2018
IN THIS EDITION:
-NDPA Don Quixote Fun Run THIS MONDAY
-Pride Week, THIS WEEK, September 10-14
-After-School Art sign-up, Wednesday, September 12
-Collect those Box Tops
-Time to order yearbooks
-Science Olympiad Coaches Wanted
- After-School Activities - Mighty Kicks, K-6 Zumba, & K-6 Choir
-Volunteer Opportunities! Lion Pride week, FUNdraising Auction (at home)
-Upcoming Events & Quick Links
NDPA DON QUIXOTE FUN RUN THIS MONDAY - The 8th NDPA Lion's Pride Run will take place on Monday, September 10th, 2018 starting at 5:00 pm until 8:00 pm. This year's theme is Don Quixote. If any participants would like to dress up, you are encouraged to do so.
Monday's weather forecast is clear skies and temperatures in the mid 80's.
The run will have a new starting point this year: The start of the course will be on the driveway west of the junior high building. All entrances to the junior high building will be closed at 5:20 pm. Cars will NOT be allowed to come in or leave this area until 6:00 pm, please plan accordingly. Participants may park along Hill Field Road, at Ellison Park and at the NDPA Elementary building (this parking lot will have restricted access during the race). Please use caution when crossing all roads, Layton City and Davis County have given us permission to use the trails and sidewalks, however, streets will not be closed for this event. As we travel through the residential areas, please watch for cars going in or coming out of driveways.
There will be a NO PARKING ZONE on the east part of the junior high parking lot, we apologize for the inconvenience, nonetheless, we are using this as a safety measure and we hope it will allow all to enjoy this event.
- 5:00 pm - Registration/shirt pick-up opens
- 5:20 pm - All junior high driveways will be closed (Barriers will not be removed until 6:00pm, plan accordingly)
- 5:30 pm - Registration ends
- Announcements (Thanks and recognitions, spotlight athletic teams, and provide rules for the run)
- National Anthem
- Start 5K race
- After the start clears from 5K participants, 1 miler will start.
Strollers will be allowed on this course, please be courteous and watch out for all participants.
There will be music, drinks from Qwencherz and Gnarly's Island Grill will have 300 Dole Whip cups(they will go fast!). Plus, our sponsors have donated awesome prizes for our raffle.
We are excited to have all participate in the fun run as this is the first day of our Lion's Pride Week!
LION PRIDE WEEK - Monday, September 10-Friday, September 14 - Get Ready to ROAR! It’s LION PRIDE week at NDPA and we will be focusing on our R.O.A.R!!!
- Monday, September 10 - Wear A RED UNIFORM SHIRT
- Tuesday, September 11 - Wear A BLUE UNIFORM SHIRT
- Wednesday, September 12 - Wear A WHITE UNIFORM SHIRT
- Thursday, September 13 - Wear A RED UNIFORM TOP AND BLUE UNIFORM BOTTOMS
- Friday, September 14 - Enjoy a FREE DRESS DAY!!! (School dress standards still apply, click Here for Free Dress Standards- http://northdavisprep.org/?page_id=237 )
We will be having activities all week during lunch recess. Come ready to show Respect, Ownership, Achievement, and Responsibility.
AFTER-SCHOOL ART SIGN-UP - ONE DAY ONLY
For 1st-6th graders
Wednesday, September 12
8:15 AM-9:00 AM. $40-cash or check only, make checks to POET.
Art is very popular, so please plan ahead. If you personally can't be there at 8:15 AM send $ with your carpool or arrange for a friend to sign you up.
Classes will be 6 sessions: Wednesday, October 3, 10 (skip October 17 for PTC), October 24, 31, and November 7 & 14.
3:00-4:00 PM in the Elementary Gym
BOX TOPS - Keep collecting those Box Tops! You can turn them in at the POET desk in either building or register at the Box Tops website to turn them in: http://www.boxtops4education.com/bonusapp
TIME TO ORDER YEARBOOKS! Go to www.yearbookordercenter.com
- Elementary code 20030
- Jr. High code 16104
SCIENCE OLYMPIAD COACHES WANTED - Science Olympiad needs event coaches! Help us get to 4th in the state this year!! It’s a fun way to get volunteer hours and a great way to be part of something amazing, with some amazing kids! You don’t need to be an expert in Math or Science to coach! That’s why I am hosting a coach’s clinic. All interested in coaching an event for Science Olympiad must attend the coaches clinic. Coaching will require on average 1 hour a week starting November 1, 2018, and may require more time weekly prior to competitions. More information will be given on the benefits of coaching at that time.
For more information on this year’s events please visit: https://www.soinc.org/events/2019-division-b-events
If you do plan on attending the clinic please RSVP to Ms. Adams at: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please remember to bring a photo I.D. for our Raptor check in system.
MIGHTY KICKS SOCCER
September 11-October 2-Tuesdays
3:00-4:00 PM on the elementary playground
$35 for 4 weeks
SIGN-UP ONLINE: http://www.mightykicksnorthslc.net - click on "Fall Sessions" in the top right then click on "North Davis Preparatory."
- - Watch this video to learn more about Mighty Kicks https://vimeo.com/152877348
- VOLUNTEER FOR THE FUN RUN: Please sign up! Here's how it works in 3 easy steps:
- Click this link to go to our invitation page on SignUp.com: http://signup.com/login/entry/1056982997165374058
- Enter your email address: (You will NOT need to register an account on SignUp.com)
Sign up! Choose your spots - SignUp.com will send you an automated confirmation and reminders. Easy!
Sign up to volunteer for LION PRIDE WEEK! Click this link to go to our invitation page on SignUp.com: http://signup.com/login/entry/3669964127642460108
Note: SignUp.com does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact me and I can sign you up manually.
- FUNDRAISING AUCTION (at home work) - Need flexible volunteer hours? Come join the Donations Committee for the 2019 FUNdraising Auction (formerly known as the Art Auction). You will be part of the team that is responsible for gathering donations from businesses for the silent auction portion of the FUNdraising Auction. These volunteer hours are easy to get, and the best part is they work around YOUR schedule! No need to feel intimidated by the phone – we have a proven script that makes phone calls easy! We will hold one meeting September 6. Please contact Sara LeBaron @ (801) 888-1964 or email@example.com with any questions and interest.
Monday, September 10-Friday, September 14 - LION PRIDE WEEK
Monday, September 10 - AFTER SCHOOL: Science in Action
Monday, September 10 - AWAY Volleyball game @ APA West Valley
Monday, September 10 - HOME Soccer game (Ellison Park)
Monday, September 10 - NDPA Don Quixote Fun Run, check-in begins at 5:00 PM
Tuesday, September 11 - AFTER SCHOOL: Mighty Kicks, Spirit Squad, Volleyball practice
Tuesday, September 11 - HOME XCountry meet, 4:00 PM
Wednesday, September 12 - After-School K-6 Art and Choir sign-up
Wednesday, September 12 - HOME Volleyball game
Wednesday, September 12 - HOME Soccer game (at Ellison Park)
Thursday, September 13 - AFTER SCHOOL: K-6 Zumba, Spirit Squad, Volleyball practice
Thursday, September 13 - AWAY XCountry meet @ APA West Valley
Thursday, September 13 - POET meeting, 6:30 PM, elementary library
Friday, September 14 - Science Olympiad Coach Clinic, 1:30-2:30 PM, jr. high room #210
Friday, September 14 - AFTER SCHOOL: Volleyball practice
Saturday, September 15 - Spirit Squad, 7:00 AM, Volleyball practice, 10:00 AM
Monday, September 17 - AFTER SCHOOL: Science in Action
Monday, September 17 - HOME Volleyball game
Monday, September 17 - HOME Soccer game (Ellison Park) VS Legacy Prep
Tuesday, September 18 - AFTER SCHOOL: Mighty Kicks, Spirit Squad, Volleyball practice
Tuesday, September 18 - AWAY XCountry meet @ Ascent Farmington
Wednesday, September 19 - AWAY Volleyball game @ Ogden Prep
Wednesday, September 19 - HOME Soccer game vs Ogden Prep
Thursday, September 20 - AFTER SCHOOL: Spirit Squad, Volleyball practice, Jr High Book Club, Jr High Doodle Club
Thursday, September 20 - Community Council, 3:30 PM, jr. high library
Thursday, September 20 - 1st day of After School K-6 Zumba
Thursday, September 20 - AWAY XCountry meet @ Legacy Prep
Friday, September 21 - AFTER SCHOOL: Volleyball practice
Saturday, September 22 - Spirit Squad, 7:00 AM, Volleyball practice, 10:00 AM
MARK YOUR CALENDARS:
* No School, Teacher Prep Day, Monday, October 8
* Early release for Parent Teacher Conferences, Monday, October 15-Wednesday, October 17
* Fall Break, Thursday, October 18-Friday, October 19
NDPA ANNUAL CALENDAR: https://northdavisprep.org/uploads/document/attachment/74/2018-2019-Calendar-BOARD-APPROVED-2-21-18-NDPA.pdf
VOLUNTEER APPLICATION: https://apps.raptortech.com/Apply/NDgyOmVuLVVT
VOLUNTEER PORTAL: https://apps.raptortech.com/Volunteer/Login/NDgyOlZvbHVudGVlcjplbi1VUw%3d%3d
NDPA ON FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/northdavisprep/
NDPA ALERTS: Text “@k-4alerts” or “@5-9alerts” to 81010. If you have trouble using 81010, try texting to (385) 218-6887.
MARQUEE GREETINGS: http://signup.com/go/3yryKw
TEACHER KUDOS: http://signup.com/go/zLWhzL
BOX TOPS: http://www.boxtops4education.com/bonusapp