Mar 08, 2018
REMINDER: NO SCHOOL TOMORROW, Friday, March 9!
IN THIS EDITION:
- Yearbooks – last chance to order
- LEO TOMORROW at Menchie’s
- 2018-19 Spirit Squad Clinic & Tryouts
- Art Auction – Tickets on sale now!
- 2018-19 POET Board Applications now being accepted
- Box Tops – Get them in!
- Congratulations to our Basketball teams!
- Congratulations to 4th-6th grade UVU winners!
- Upcoming Events
- Annual Calendar & Quick Links
YEARBOOKS-LAST CHANCE TO ORDER – Order your yearbook before it’s too late! Visit www.yearbookordercenter.com
Kinder-6th graders use order code 20030
7th-9th graders use order code 16104
NO YEARBOOKS WILL BE SOLD THE LAST DAY OF SCHOOL. Email Emily with questions, firstname.lastname@example.org.
LEO AT MENCHIE’S – Grab your family and friends and head on over to Menchie’s in Layton (by Target) between 1:00-9:00 PM to enjoy a spring treat!
2018-19 SPIRIT SQUAD CLINIC & TRYOUTS – Come be a part of our team! NDPA Cheer & Dance teams make up our Spirit Squad. Spirit Squad goes to competition and cheers/dances at many school events.
- $10 tryout fee and packet are due Tuesday. March 27. See the packet here or pick one up in the office: http://northdavisprep.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Spirit-Squad-Tryout-Packet.pdf
- Tryout Clinic: Tuesday, March 27 & Thurday, March 29, from 3:30-5:30 PM
- Mandatory Parent Meeting, March 27, 5:00 PM, Mrs. Draney’s room #214
- Spirit Squad Tryouts: Friday, March 30, 1:30 until finished Interested applicants can also come to open practices on March 14 & 21, from 3:30-5:00 PM
Contact Mrs. Draney with questions, email@example.com.
ART AUCTION – APRIL 20, 2018 – 6:00 PM at the DAVIS CONFERENCE CENTER
TICKETS ON SALE NOW! $25 per ticket gets you a lovely dinner and entrance to the greatest fundraising event ever! Buy tickets or donate here: https://ndpa.regtix.com
POET has chosen to make this event our largest fundraiser so our students don’t have to sell cookie dough, pizza, Wasatch Cards, or various other items door-to-door. This year we are raising money to purchase a security camera system for our buildings.
If you haven’t attended the art auction or are new to our school, check out this video to learn more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FK_5VSAm6TE
2018-19 POET BOARD APPLICATIONS – We need YOU to be “PART OF EVERY THING” (POET)!!! POET is now recruiting for the 2018-2019 Board. POET’s purpose is to be the “organizers, fundraisers, facilitators, volunteers, and enthusiastic cheering section at the programs and events that make NDPA unique and strong.”
- Available positions vary from 20 hours a month to 5 hours a month; hours vary depending on the position and month of the year.
- Applications can be found at the POET desks or printed from this link: http://northdavisprep.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/POETBoardApplication2018-19.pdf
- Please submit your application to the POET box by March 19, at 9:00 AM.
CONGRATULATIONS to our basketball teams! The boys made it to the finals and played very well, ending the season in 4th place. The girls, however, made it all the way to STATE FINALS, placing 2nd in the whole state for our division! Way to go everyone! Special thanks to our coaches, Noal Loertscher, Eric Bartelson, Amanda King, and especially our Athletic Director, Laura Arbeloa.
CONGRATULATIONS to our UVU WINNERS! Many 4th-6th grade students, teachers, and parents worked hard over the past several months to prepare for the UVU Language Fair. Their hard work paid off last Friday, as the competed and WON FIRST PLACE! Many students also took first place in their individual categories as well. Good work!
Monday, March 12 – AFTER SCHOOL: “Shrek” rehearsal
Tuesday, March 13 – AFTER SCHOOL: K-6 Choir, Soccer Practice
Wednesday, March 14 – AFTER SCHOOL: “Shrek” rehearsal, Spirit Squad, K-6 Art
Thursday, March 15 – AFTER SCHOOL: STEM, Science in Action, Jr. High Book Club, Soccer Practice
Thursday, March 15 – POET meeting, 6:30 PM
Friday, March 16 – AFTER SCHOOL: “Shrek” rehearsal, Spirit Squad
Saturday, March 17 – Spirit Squad, 7:00 AM
Saturday, March 17 – Volleyball Skills, 2:30 PM
Monday, March 19 – AFTER SCHOOL: “Shrek” rehearsal
Monday, March 19 – Soccer Game, details coming soon
Tuesday, March 20 – 1st grade walking field trip, Mrs. Fresneda’s class, J&J Nursery, 11:30 AM.
Tuesday, March 20 – 1st grade walking field trip, Ms. Veronica’s class, J&J Nursery, 1:30 PM.
Tuesday, March 20 – AFTER SCHOOL: K-6 Choir, Soccer Practice
Wednesday, March 21 – 1st grade walking field trip, Ms. Larson’s class, J&J Nursery, 8:30 AM.
Wednesday, March 21 – 1st grade walking field trip, Mrs. Amber’s class, J&J Nursery, 11:30 AM.
Wednesday, March 21 – AFTER SCHOOL: “Shrek” rehearsal, Spirit Squad, K-6 Art
Wednesday, March 21 – Soccer Game, details coming soon
Wednesday, March 21 – 5th grade program, 6:30 PM
Thursday, March 22 – 4th grade field trip, Dinosaur Park, 9:00 AM
Thursday, March 22 – AFTER SCHOOL: STEM, Science in Action, Soccer Practice
Friday, March 23 – AFTER SCHOOL: “Shrek” rehearsal, Spirit Squad
Saturday, March 24 – Spirit Squad, 7:00 AM
Saturday, March 24 – Volleyball Skills, 2:30 PM
MARK YOUR CALENDARS
- Spring Break, April 2-6
- NDPA LEO Night @ Chick-fil-a, Monday, April 16
- POET Annual Art Auction, Friday, April 20
VOLUNTEER APPLICATION: https://apps.raptortech.com/Apply/NDgyOmVuLVVT
VOLUNTEER PORTAL: https://apps.raptortech.com/Volunteer/Login/NDgyOlZvbHVudGVlcjplbi1VUw%3d%3d
ANNUAL CALENDAR: http://northdavisprep.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/2017-2018-Calendar-BOARD-APPROVED-2-01-17-NDPA-1.pdf
NDPA ALERTS: Text “@k-4alerts” or “@5-9alerts” to 81010. If you have trouble using 81010, text (385) 218-6887.
MARQUEE GREETINGS: http://signup.com/go/3yryKw
TEACHER KUDOS: http://signup.com/go/zLWhzL
NDPA ON FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/northdavisprep/
POET ON INSTAGRAM: poet_ndpa
BOX TOPS: http://www.boxtops4education.com/bonusapp