IN THIS EDITION:
-School Rewards Contest
-Order your yearbooks & We need your photos
-Barnes & Noble Day Contest
-Spirit Shirts for Sale in the Elementary
-Upcoming Events & Quick Links
HALLOWEEN REMINDER - Please remember, NDPA students do not wear costumes to school on Halloween, nor are they allowed to bring treats. If you woud like to bring a non-food item to share with the class, please make arrangements with your student's teacher.
SCHOOL REWARDS CONTEST - Now through Tuesday, October 30. There are 4 ways to earn points:
1) Turn in Box Tops for education at school (in a baggie with teacher’s name) at the POET desk – 1 Point per Box Top
2) Go to www.smile.amazon.com to support North Davis Preparatory Academy-- 50 Points*
3) Smith’s Inspiring Donations enrollment for NDPA— 30 Points*
4) Box Tops for Education website or App enrollment for NDPA— 30 Points*
*To get credit for 2, 3, & 4, send screenshots or photos that show proof that your support is for NDPA to firstname.lastname@example.org, with NDPA School Rewards Contest in the subject line or text to 801-710-5515, please include each of your children’s homeroom teacher’s names in the body of the email.
HAVE YOU ORDERED YOUR YEARBOOK?
Because Every Year Is A Milestone...
Go to www.yearbookordercenter.com
Elementary Code: 20030
Jr. High Code: 16104
- Share your pictures! As we are writing the stories of this school year, we are also capturing the memories. Share your awesome shots with us and with luck you will see them in the Yearbook! Use the link below to upload your files. It is super easy!
Your contributions are greatly appreciated!
BARNES & NOBLE DAY CONTEST - Students, now is a great time to think about entering the “I am Thankful for…” contest. Take this weekend to think about the ONE thing you are thankful for and why you are thankful for it. Then, write a one-page paper or create a picture about it. Turn it in at either school in the box at the POET desk. All entries are due by Tuesday, November 14. Good Luck! We can’t wait to see your work!
Due to limited space at B&N and time constraints, please follow these guidelines:
Any questions, please contact Katie Beesley at email@example.com, 801-910-9770.
- BARNES & NOBLE DAY – Save the date! Our annual Barnes & Noble Day will be here soon. Saturday, November 17, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM to be exact. Watch for more details in the next issue of ¡Qué Pasa! If you would like to volunteer to help make this day great, watch for a sign up in the next ¡Qué Pasa! or contact Katie Beesley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SPIRIT SHIRTS - Now available for sale, NDPA Spirit Shirts for $6! These shirts can be worn on Fridays in lieu of a regular uniform shirt. Child and adult sizes available only at the elementary.
Monday, October 29 - AWAY Basketball Game @ Ascent, Farmington, 4:30 PM
Tuesday, October 30 - AFTER SCHOOL: K-6 Choir, Spirit Squad, Basketball practice
Wednesday, October 31 - 4th & 6th grades "Spooktacular" lunch with parents
Wednesday, October 31 - AWAY Basketball Game @ Ogden Prep, 4:30 PM
Thursday, November 1 - AFTER SCHOOL: STEM, Spirit Squad, Doodle Club, Basketball 4:00 PM
Thursday, November 1 - NDPA LEO Night at Pizza Pie Cafe, 5:00-9:00 PM
Friday, November 2 - Dollar Dress Day
Friday, November 2 - AFTER SCHOOL: Science Olympiad practice, Basketball practice (3:30 PM)
Saturday, November 3 - Spirit Squad, 7:00 AM
Monday, November 5 - HOME Basketball Game vs DaVinci, 4:30 PM
Tuesday, November 6 - AFTER SCHOOL: K-6 Choir, Spirit Squad, Basketball practice
Wednesday, November 7 - AFTER SCHOOL: K-6 Art
Wednesday, November 7 - HOME Basketball Game vs Hawthorne, 5:00 PM
Thursday, November 8 - AFTER SCHOOL: STEM, Spirit Squad, Doodle Club, Basketball 4:00 PM
Thursday, November 8 - Fine Arts End of Term Concert, 7:00 PM
Thursday, November 8 - POET meeting, 6:00 PM
Friday, November 9 - Spirit Squad practice, 7:00 AM
Friday, November 9 - AFTER SCHOOL: Science Olympiad practice, Basketball practice
Saturday, November 10 - Spirit Squad, 7:00 AM
MARK YOUR CALENDARS:
- Barnes & Noble Day, Saturday, November 17
- Thanksgiving Break, Wednesday, November 21-Friday, November 23
NDPA ANNUAL CALENDAR: https://northdavisprep.org/uploads/document/attachment/74/2018-2019-Calendar-BOARD-APPROVED-2-21-18-NDPA.pdf
VOLUNTEER APPLICATION: https://apps.raptortech.com/Apply/NDgyOmVuLVVT
VOLUNTEER PORTAL: https://apps.raptortech.com/Volunteer/Login/NDgyOlZvbHVudGVlcjplbi1VUw%3d%3d
NDPA ON FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/northdavisprep/
NDPA ALERTS: Text “@k-4alerts” or “@5-9alerts” to 81010. If you have trouble using 81010, try texting to (385) 218-6887.
MARQUEE GREETINGS: http://signup.com/go/3yryKw
TEACHER KUDOS: http://signup.com/go/zLWhzL
BOX TOPS: http://www.boxtops4education.com/bonusapp