Mar 02, 2018
IN THIS EDITION:
- Parent Teacher Conferences, March 7 & 8
- Future 7th graders Immunization Clinic
- Scholastic Book Fair during PTC
- Mid-Year Clothing Sale during PTC
- 6th-9th Co-Ed Soccer Open House & Tryouts
- Yearbooks – last chance to order
- You get a REWARD for entering your Volunteer Hours!
- Art Auction – Tickets on sale now!
- 2018-19 POET Board Applications now being accepted
- Box Tops – Get them in!
- Upcoming Events
- Annual Calendar & Quick Links
PARENT TEACHER CONFERENCES – Parent Teacher Conferences are coming March 7 & 8. Please note, students will be released early (like the Friday schedule) both days.
- Kindergarten-6th grade students:
- Student led open house, Wednesday, March 7, from 2:00 to 7:00 PM.
- Thursday, March 8, by appointment only – please see your teacher if you would like to schedule a time to meet regarding your student.
- 7th-9th grade students:
- Both days will be by appointment – please contact your student’s advisory teacher to schedule an appointment.
FUTURE 7th GRADERS IMMUNIZATION CLINIC – Davis County Health will be holding an immunization clinic in the Jr. High gym during PTC on Wednesday, March 7, from 3:00-7:30 PM. Many insurances can be billed; uninsured students are eligible to receive required vaccines for a reduced price. Please bring current copy of immunizations, insurance card, and/or cash or check.
Did you know that 7th graders need shots before they can start junior high? Tdap, Meningicoccal, and Varicella (chicken pox) are all required vaccines for 7th grade.
SCHOLASTIC BOOK FAIR DURING PTC – THE SCHOLASTIC BOOK FAIR is headed your way! VOLUNTEERS ARE NEEDED! The Scholastic Book Fair will be held March 7 & 8, during Parent Teacher Conferences. The Book Fair helps earn books for both our NDPA libraries.
- Parent Volunteers needed to help run the Book Fair! Sign up today at http://signup.com/go/MTLjjEr
MID-YEAR CLOTHING SALE DURING PTC – How did that shirt get too small? Where did that hole come from? What happened to your hoodie?! If you find yourself asking these questions then we have good news! There will be a POET Uniform Sale on Wednesday, March 7, from 1:30-7:00 PM and Thursday, March 8, from 1:30-6:00 PM! Gently used uniforms (Shirts $2, Pants $3) and used NDPA Hoodies ($5) will be available. We will be accepting uniform donations (clean and hole free), but at this sale we will ONLY be selling POET owned clothes. Contact/text Katherine (801-725-2557) with any questions.
- Volunteers needed for the clothing sale! Click here to see availability: https://signup.com/client/invitation2/secure/2221474/true#/invitation
6th-9th CO-ED SOCCER OPEN HOUSE & TRYOUTS – Students in grades 6-9 are invited to a soccer open house TODAY, Friday, March 2, from 2:30-4:00 PM. Tryouts will be Tuesday, March 6, from 3:30-4:30 PM; players will be announced by March 8. Practices will be Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday from 3:30-4:30 and Friday from 2:30-4:00 PM.
YEARBOOKS-LAST CHANCE TO ORDER – Order your yearbook before it’s too late! Visit www.yearbookordercenter.com
- Kinder-6th graders use order code 20030
- 7th-9th graders use order code 16104
Click the link to see if you’ve already ordered
NO YEARBOOKS WILL BE SOLD THE LAST DAY OF SCHOOL. Email Emily with questions, firstname.lastname@example.org.
REWARD FOR ENTERING YOUR VOLUNTEER HOURS! Have you filled out your volunteer application and logged your hours?
- If YES, stop by the POET desk in the Elementary Building for a reward on Wednesday, March 7 when you come for Parent Teacher Conferences.
- If NO, click on the link below to fill out the the Volunteer Application.
- Volunteer Application Link: https://apps.raptortech.com/Apply/NDgyOmVuLVVT – Once you enter and submit your Volunteer Application, you will have access to your own portal to log hours for all the volunteers in your family. You will also be able back log those volunteer hours you have been keeping track of since the beginning of the school year. This is a VERY important step to complete as we need a total count of all family volunteer hours for many reasons, including: Immersion applications, Spain Study Abroad, and the Volunteer Appreciation Party in May.
- Volunteer Portal: https://apps.raptortech.com/Volunteer/Login/NDgyOlZvbHVudGVlcjplbi1VUw%3d%3d
- How to log volunteer hours: http://northdavisprep.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Step-by-Step-Volunteer-Hours.pdf
If you need computer access or support, stop by the POET Desk at the Elementary Bldg. on March 7, from 2:00-7:00 PM or email Tierra, the Volunteer Coordinator at, email@example.com.
ART AUCTION – APRIL 20, 2018 – 6:00 PM at the DAVIS CONFERENCE CENTER
TICKETS ON SALE NOW! $25 per ticket gets you a lovely dinner and entrance to the greatest fundraising event ever! Buy tickets or donate here: https://ndpa.regtix.com
POET has chosen to make this event our largest fundraiser so our students don’t have to sell cookie dough, pizza, Wasatch Cards, or various other items door-to-door. This year we are raising money to purchase a security camera system for our buildings.
If you haven’t attended the art auction or are new to our school, check out this video to learn more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FK_5VSAm6TE
2018-19 POET BOARD APPLICATIONS – We need YOU to be “PART OF EVERY THING” (POET)!!! POET is now recruiting for the 2018-2019 Board. POET’s purpose is to be the “organizers, fundraisers, facilitators, volunteers, and enthusiastic cheering section at the programs and events that make NDPA unique and strong.”
- Available positions vary from 20 hours a month to 5 hours a month; hours vary depending on the position and month of the year.
- Applications can be found at the POET desks or printed from this link: http://northdavisprep.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/POETBoardApplication2018-19.pdf
- Please submit your application to the POET box by March 19, at 9:00 AM.
BOX TOPS – Parents, keep sending in those Box Tops! It’s basically FREE MONEY for our school! There are collection spots at the POET desk in both schools. You can also enter them online at: http://www.boxtops4education.com/bonusapp
Monday, March 5 – AFTER SCHOOL: “Shrek” rehearsal
Monday, March 5 – Teachers VS Students Basketball Games + Mini Spirit Squad performance
Tuesday, March 6 – AFTER SCHOOL: K-6 Choir
Tuesday, March 6 – Soccer Tryouts (weather permitting)
Tuesday, March 6 – Real Life Parenting, 6:30 PM
Tuesday, March 6 – Spain 2018 Parent Final Departure meeting, 6:30 PM
Wednesday, March 7 – Parent Teacher Conferences/EARLY RELEASE
Wednesday, March 7 – 7th grade immunization clinic
Wednesday, March 7 – Book Fair/Mid-year Clothing Sale
Thursday, March 8 – Parent Teacher Conferences/EARLY RELEASE
Thursday, March 8 – Book Fair/Mid-year Clothing Sale
Friday, March 9 – NO SCHOOL – Teacher Comp Day
Friday, March 9 – NDPA LEO day @ Menchies in Layton
Saturday, March 10 – Spirit Squad, 7:00 AM
Saturday, March 10 – Science Olympiad Practice, 9:00 AM
Saturday, March 10 – Volleyball Skills, 2:30 PM
Monday, March 12 – AFTER SCHOOL: “Shrek” rehearsal
Tuesday, March 13 – AFTER SCHOOL: K-6 Choir, Soccer Practice
Wednesday, March 14 – AFTER SCHOOL: “Shrek” rehearsal, Spirit Squad
Thursday, March 15 – AFTER SCHOOL: STEM, Science in Action, Jr. High Book Club, Soccer Practice
Thursday, March 15 – POET meeting, 6:30 PM
Friday, March 16 – AFTER SCHOOL: “Shrek” rehearsal, Spirit Squad
Saturday, March 17 – Spirit Squad, 7:00 AM
Saturday, March 10 – Volleyball Skills, 2:30 PM
MARK YOUR CALENDARS
- Spring Break, April 2-6
- NDPA LEO Night @ Chick-fil-a, Monday, April 16
- POET Annual Art Auction, Friday, April 20
VOLUNTEER APPLICATION: https://apps.raptortech.com/Apply/NDgyOmVuLVVT
VOLUNTEER PORTAL: https://apps.raptortech.com/Volunteer/Login/NDgyOlZvbHVudGVlcjplbi1VUw%3d%3d
ANNUAL CALENDAR: http://northdavisprep.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/2017-2018-Calendar-BOARD-APPROVED-2-01-17-NDPA-1.pdf
NDPA ALERTS: Text “@k-4alerts” or “@5-9alerts” to 81010. If you have trouble using 81010, text (385) 218-6887.
MARQUEE GREETINGS: http://signup.com/go/3yryKw
TEACHER KUDOS: http://signup.com/go/zLWhzL
NDPA ON FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/northdavisprep/
POET ON INSTAGRAM: poet_ndpa
BOX TOPS: http://www.boxtops4education.com/bonusapp