Feb 11, 2020
NDPA ¡Qué Pasa! February 11, 2020
IN THIS EDITION:
- Show Your Love for Art - NOW through FRIDAY, February 14
- Picture Day (makeups & retakes) TOMORROW, February 12
- Jr. High (7th-9th grades) Valentine's Dance, THIS FRIDAY
- Jr. Spirit Squad is here!
- Community Connection Night: Social & Emotional Competence in Children, February 19
- NDPA Sports: Boys Volleyball & Girls Soccer
- Spring After-School Activities
- Save the Date: NDPA 15th Annual FUNdraising Auction
- Decorating Volunteers Wanted
- Upcoming Events & Quick Links
SHOW YOUR LOVE FOR ART - NDPA! Show Your Love for Art is in full swing this week. Bring your pennies, nickels, dimes, and bills large and small. Donations can be made in either NDPA building. All donations help pay for the art projects students create in class for the Fundraising Auction! The grade that earns the most money in each building with win a prize! Payments can be made via cash or check. Checks need to be made out to NDPA-POET. Questions? Contact Jennifer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PICTURE MAKEUP DAY - TOMORROW! If you have a student who missed picture day, started at NDPA after picture day, or needs retakes, you can order in advance at https://inter-state.com/FlyerEntry, order code: 39223CB. They'll begin about 11:00 AM, at that time we'll send someone around to each of the classrooms to ask who needs photos taken, if your student needs a retake, they will need to give the old packet to the photographer.
JR. HIGH VALENTINE'S DANCE (7th-9th grades) - Friday, February 14, 1:30-3:00 PM, "Dynamic Duos" theme-- come dressed as your favorite pairs-- JLo and ARod or ketchup and mustard-- you choose!
JR. SPIRIT SQUAD CLINIC - Boys and girls in kindergarten through 8th grade are invited to come hang out with Spirit Squad for our super popular annual cheer clinic! Clinics will be held in the Elementary gym on Tuesday, March 10, and Wednesday, March 11, 3:30-5:00. Students will perform at the teachers vs student basketball game after school on Thursday, March 12, at 4:00 PM. This year, you can order cheer bows and pom-poms in advance - as many as you want! Even if you can't participate in Jr. Spirit Squad, you are welcome to buy uniform friendly cheer bows. See order form for more details. Completed order forms and money are due by Friday, February 21.
- Jr. Spirit Squad order form: https://northdavisprep.org/uploads/document/attachment/196/2020JrSpiritSquadReg.pdf
COMMUNITY CONNECTION NIGHT
Topic: Social & Emotional Competence in Children
Break out topics: Emotional Development, Recognizing & Labeling Emotions, Emotional Parenting Styles
February 19, 2020
NDPA Elementary Building
Childcare & Snacks provided
NDPA SPORTS: BOYS VOLLEYBALL & GIRLS SOCCER
- 6th-9th grade Boys Volleyball. Tryouts are Friday, February 21, 1:30-3:30, and Saturday, February 22, 10:00 AM-Noon.
- 6th-9th grade Girls Soccer. Tryouts are Thursday, February 27, 3:30-4:30 PM, and Friday, February 28, 1:30-2:30 PM.
AFTER-SCHOOL ACTIVITIES - Let's get ready for Spring After School Activities!
AFTER-SCHOOL ART is moving to Mondays! This is an awesome class and we are very excited to have it come back for Spring.
- Watch for the ONLINE ONLY sign-up to open on Wednesday, March 4, at 8:00 AM.
- Classes start on Monday, March 16, and will go for 5 weeks (skipping Spring Break, of course!)
- It's open to all students in grades 1-4, but it's limited to 45 students, so IT WILL SELL OUT!
- $40 - registration will be online
AFTER-SCHOOL STEM (THURSDAYS) - Each week will be filled with activities that are active, interesting and relevant to students.
- Sign-Up/Registration will be ONLINE ONLY - - watch for the link!
- Classes start on March 12. They will run for 6 weeks with a break in the middle for Spring Break (March 12, March 19, March 26, BREAK, April 9, April 16 and April 23)
- Class sizes are limited to 24 students each, there will be a Grade K-1 class, 2 Grades 2-3 classes, and a Grade 4-6 class
SAVE THE DATE: NDPA 15TH ANNUAL FUNDRAISING AUCTION (POET's main fundraiser), Friday, March 13, 2020 at the Davis Conference Center.
DECORATING VOLUNTEERS WANTED! We need parents who can help create decorations for our FUNdraising Auction. You will be part of a committee, asked your ideas, and given an opportunity to craft decorations for the event. This is a great way to earn volunteer hours, on your own schedule, from home. Our theme is UNPLUGGED. The decorations will be really fun! Please contact Amanda Christiansen, email@example.com if you can help out!
Tuesday, February 11 - Girls HOME Basketball game vs Ascent Farmington, 4:30 PM
Wednesday, February 12 - Picture Make Up Day, for students who didn't get NDPA photos, missed photo day, or need retakes
Wednesday, February 12 - AFTER-SCHOOL: Girls V & JV basketball practice
Thursday, February 13 - 8th grade Zion's Camping Trip Parent Meeting, 3:45 PM
Thursday, February 13 - AFTER-SCHOOL: Spirit Squad practice
Thursday, February 13 - Girls AWAY Basketball game vs Hawthorn, 4:30 PM
Thursday, February 13 - POET meeting, 6:30 PM
Friday, February 14 - 7th-9th grades Valentine's Dance, 1:30-3:00 PM
Friday, February 14 - AFTER-SCHOOL: Girls JV & V basketball practice (3:30 PM)
Saturday, February 15 - Spirit Squad practice, 7:00 AM
Monday, February 17 - NO SCHOOL, President's Day
Monday, February 17 - AFTER-SCHOOL: Girls V & JV basketball practice, 3:30 PM
Tuesday, February 18 - NO SCHOOL for students, Teacher Professional Development Day
Tuesday, February 18 - AFTER-SCHOOL: Girls V & JV basketball practice, 3:30 PM; Spirit Squad, 4:00 PM
Wednesday, February 19 - Girls AWAY Basketball game vs Lakeview Academy, 4:30 PM
Wednesday, February 19 - Community Connection Night, 6:00 PM
Thursday, February 20 - 4th grade field trip to Thanksgiving Point
Thursday, February 20 - AFTER-SCHOOL: Girls V & JV basketball practice, 3:30 PM
Thursday, February 20 - Evening of Fine Arts, 7:00 PM
Friday, February 21 - Boys Volleyball Tryouts, 1:30 PM
Friday, February 21 - AFTER-SCHOOL: Girls V & JV basketball practice, 3:30 PM
Friday, February 21 - End Trimester 2
Saturday, February 22 - Spirit Squad Practice, 7:00 AM
Saturday, February 22 - Boys Volleyball Tryouts, 10:00 AM
Monday, February 24 - Begin Trimester 3
Monday, February 24 - Girls AWAY Basketball game vs Ascent Farmington, 4:30 PM
MARK YOUR CALENDARS:
- Parent Teacher Conference, March 4 & 5
- No school, March 6
SCHOOL WEBSITE: northdavisprep.org
REGISTER FOR 2020-21 SCHOOL YEAR: https://ndavis.usoe-dcs.org/Login.aspx
APPLY IN THE LOTTERY (OR ADD SIBLINGS): https://charterenrollment.org/NorthDavisPreparatoryAcademy2021/Start.aspx
2019-20 ANNUAL SCHOOL CALENDAR: https://northdavisprep.org/uploads/document/attachment/126/2019-2020_School_Calendar__BOARD_APPROVED_2-06-19__-_NDPA.pdf
VOLUNTEER APPLICATION: https://apps.raptortech.com/Apply/NDgyOmVuLVVT
VOLUNTEER PORTAL (to log hours, after completing application): https://apps.raptortech.com/Volunteer/Login/NDgyOlZvbHVudGVlcjplbi1VUw%3d%3d
NDPA ON FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/northdavisprep/
POET on INSTAGRAM: poet.ndpa
BOX TOPS: http://www.boxtops4education.com/bonusapp
AMAZON SMILE: Purchase through smile.amazon.com, and they give a % back to NDPA at no additional cost to you!
SCHOOL LUNCH PAYMENTS: https://secureinstantpayments.com/sip/?ID=29230
FREE & REDUCED SCHOOL LUNCH: Apply online via your Aspire login or obtain paperwork from the office.
FEE WAIVERS: https://northdavisprep.org/uploads/document/attachment/162/FeeWaiver_7-12.pdf (en espanol: https://northdavisprep.org/uploads/document/attachment/163/FeeWaiver_7-12_Spanish.pdf)