Feb 19, 2020
NDPA ¡Qué Pasa! February 19, 2020
IN THIS EDITION:
- Community Connection Night: Social & Emotional Competence in Children, TONIGHT, Wednesday, February 19
- Jr. Spirit Squad sign up open now
- NDPA Sports: Boys Volleyball & Girls Soccer
- Parent Teacher Conferences, March 4 & 5
- POET Clothing Sale during Parent Teacher Conferences
- LEO Night at Urban Air
- Spring After-School Activities
- You're Invited: NDPA 15th Annual FUNdraising Auction - buy your tickets now!
- POET Spain Scholarships
- Upcoming Events & Quick Links
COMMUNITY CONNECTION NIGHT - TONIGHT! Wednesday, February 19
Topic: Social & Emotional Competence in Children
Break out topics: Emotional Development, Recognizing & Labeling Emotions, Emotional Parenting Styles
NDPA Elementary Building
Childcare & Snacks provided
JR. SPIRIT SQUAD CLINIC - Boys and girls in kindergarten through 8th grade are invited to come hang out with Spirit Squad for our super popular annual cheer clinic! Clinics will be held in the Elementary gym on Tuesday, March 10, and Wednesday, March 11, 3:30-5:00. Students will perform at the teachers vs student basketball game after school on Thursday, March 12, at 4:00 PM. This year, you can order cheer bows and pom-poms in advance - as many as you want! Even if you can't participate in Jr. Spirit Squad, you are welcome to buy uniform friendly cheer bows. See order form for more details. Completed order forms and money are due by Friday, February 21.
Jr. Spirit Squad order form: https://northdavisprep.org/uploads/document/attachment/196/2020JrSpiritSquadReg.pdf
NDPA SPORTS: BOYS VOLLEYBALL & GIRLS SOCCER
- 6th-9th grade Boys Volleyball. Tryouts are Friday, February 21, 1:30-3:30, and Saturday, February 22, 10:00 AM-Noon.
- 6th-9th grade Girls Soccer. Tryouts are Thursday, February 27, 3:30-4:30 PM, and Friday, February 28, 1:30-2:30 PM.
PARENT TEACHER CONFERENCES
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 4
- 1st-6th grade parents are invited to our student-led open house, come anytime between 1:30-7:00 PM, Note: teacher dinner time will be 4:30-5:30 PM.
- 7th-9th students and parents are invited to meet with teachers in the gym, to discuss progress and ask questions.
- Kindergarten, please contact your teacher for information on scheduling.
THURSDAY, MARCH 5
- All grades - Teachers will meet with students by appointment only, please email your teacher to schedule your meeting.
POET CLOTHING SALE - How did that shirt get too small? Where did that hole come from? What happened to your hoodie?! If you find yourself asking these questions, we have good news! There will be a POET Uniform Sale on Wednesday, March 4, from 1:00-7:00 PM, and Thursday, March 5, from 1:00-5:00 PM! Gently used uniforms (Shirts $2, Pants $3), and used NDPA Hoodies ($5) will be available. Contact/text Katherine,801-725-2557, with any questions.
Volunteers wanted to help with set-up, take-down, and during the clothing sale. Sign up here: https://signup.com/go/krQwQrN
LEO NIGHT AT URBAN AIR - NDPA's Next LEO Night is March 5 @ Urban Air Adventure Park, 1659 E 1400 S, Clearfield, from 4:00-8:00 PM. Invite your friends, family, and neighbors to this fantastic event. Make sure and tell them you're with NDPA!
AFTER-SCHOOL ART is moving to Mondays! This is an awesome class and we are very excited to have it come back for Spring.
- Watch for the ONLINE ONLY sign-up to open on Wednesday, March 4, at 8:00 AM.
- Classes start on Monday, March 16, and will go for 5 weeks (skipping Spring Break, of course!)
- It's open to all students in grades 1-4, but it's limited to 45 students, so IT WILL SELL OUT!
- $40 - registration will be online
AFTER-SCHOOL STEM (THURSDAYS) - Each week will be filled with activities that are active, interesting and relevant to students.
- Sign-Up/Registration will be ONLINE ONLY - - watch for the link!
- Classes start on March 12. They will run for 6 weeks with a break in the middle for Spring Break (March 12, March 19, March 26, BREAK, April 9, April 16 and April 23)
- Class sizes are limited to 24 students each, there will be a Grade K-1 class, 2 Grades 2-3 classes, and a Grade 4-6 class
YOU'RE INVITED: NDPA 15TH ANNUAL FUNDRAISING AUCTION (POET's main fundraiser), Friday, March 13, at the Davis Conference Center. Buy your tickets today at: https://www.regtix.com/ndpa_poet/events/
POET SPAIN SCHOLARSHIPS - POET is excited to announce a new scholarship opportunity! At the end of each year, one student in grades K - 8th will earn a $100 scholarship for the 9th grade Spain trip. Each 30 hour increment recorded in Raptor earns a spot for all students in the family. The more you volunteer, the better chance you have of winning.
POET is still offering four or five $500 scholarships to 8th graders, based on the highest number of volunteer hours. Only one POET scholarship per household will be awarded per year. The $500 Scholarship will be awarded first to 8th graders and then the $100 Scholarship will be awarded from the scholarship lottery. All Scholarship money is held by the school until it is paid directly towards the Spain trip expenses.
Effective January 14, 2020, volunteer hours should be recorded to the minute as that is how Raptor records when volunteering in the school. Please note, when manually submitting hours on Raptor, only hit the submit button once or the entry will be duplicated. If this happens please email the volunteer coordinator listed below if you need help editing the hours. Also, if a family has multiple members that volunteer, please link them together with the first name initial and last name of your student.
Our school thrives on involved and helpful volunteers. We appreciate the time and effort it takes to volunteer. As a POET board, we are excited to give back to you! Please direct questions to Stephanie Norton, POET President: email@example.com, or Lanette Rupert, POET Volunteer Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
Wednesday, February 19 - AFTER-SCHOOL: Musical Rehearsal
Wednesday, February 19 - Girls AWAY Basketball game vs Lakeview Academy, 4:30 PM
Wednesday, February 19 - Community Connection Night, 6:00 PM
Thursday, February 20 - 4th grade field trip to Thanksgiving Point, contact your teacher for more details
Thursday, February 20 - AFTER-SCHOOL: Girls V & JV basketball practice, 3:30 PM
Thursday, February 20 - Evening of Fine Arts, 7:00 PM
Friday, February 21 - Boys Volleyball Tryouts, 1:30 PM
Friday, February 21 - AFTER-SCHOOL: Girls V & JV basketball practice, 3:30 PM
Friday, February 21 - End Trimester 2
Saturday, February 22 - Spirit Squad Practice, 7:00 AM
Saturday, February 22 - Boys Volleyball Tryouts, 10:00 AM
Monday, February 24 - Begin Trimester 3
Monday, February 24 - Girls AWAY Basketball game vs Ascent Farmington, 4:30 PM
Tuesday, February 25 - AFTER-SCHOOL: Girls V & JV basketball practice, 3:30 PM; Spirit Squad practice, 4:00 PM
Wednesday, February 26 - 3rd grade field trip to Clark Planetarium, 8:45 AM
Wednesday, February 26 - AFTER-SCHOOL: Girls V & JV basketball practice
Thursday, February 27 - Girls Soccer Tryouts, 3:30 PM
Thursday, February 27 - 1st grade program, 6:30 PM
Friday, February 28 - Girls Soccer Tryouts, 1:30 PM
Friday, February 28 - AFTER-SCHOOL: Girls JV & V basketball practice (3:30 PM)
Saturday, February 29 - Spirit Squad practice, 7:00 AM
MARK YOUR CALENDARS:
- Parent Teacher Conference, March 4 & 5
- No school, March 6
- FUNdraising Auction, March 13
SCHOOL WEBSITE: northdavisprep.org
REGISTER FOR 2020-21 SCHOOL YEAR: https://ndavis.usoe-dcs.org/Login.aspx
APPLY IN THE LOTTERY (OR ADD SIBLINGS): https://charterenrollment.org/NorthDavisPreparatoryAcademy2021/Start.aspx
2019-20 ANNUAL SCHOOL CALENDAR: https://northdavisprep.org/uploads/document/attachment/126/2019-2020_School_Calendar__BOARD_APPROVED_2-06-19__-_NDPA.pdf
VOLUNTEER APPLICATION: https://apps.raptortech.com/Apply/NDgyOmVuLVVT
VOLUNTEER PORTAL (to log hours, after completing application): https://apps.raptortech.com/Volunteer/Login/NDgyOlZvbHVudGVlcjplbi1VUw%3d%3d
NDPA ON FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/northdavisprep/
POET on INSTAGRAM: poet.ndpa
BOX TOPS: http://www.boxtops4education.com/bonusapp
AMAZON SMILE: Purchase through smile.amazon.com, and they give a % back to NDPA at no additional cost to you!
SCHOOL LUNCH PAYMENTS: https://secureinstantpayments.com/sip/?ID=29230
FREE & REDUCED SCHOOL LUNCH: Apply online via your Aspire login or obtain paperwork from the office.
FEE WAIVERS: https://northdavisprep.org/uploads/document/attachment/162/FeeWaiver_7-12.pdf (en espanol: https://northdavisprep.org/uploads/document/attachment/163/FeeWaiver_7-12_Spanish.pdf)