Aug 11, 2020
IN THIS EDITION:
- COVID-19 School Attendance Protocols
- School Supply Lists
- Back-to-School & Registration for Jr. High, Wednesday, August 12
- Back-to-School Event for K-6, Thursday, August 13
- Uniform Sale at K-6 Back-to-School
- Online Only Student Information
- Coming Soon: Links for purchasing Hoodies and Yearbooks!
- NDPA Fun Run, September 21
- Upcoming Events
- Quick Links
COVID-19 SCHOOL ATTENDANCE PROTOCOLS - With the new COVID-19 regulations for schools, the state has published a COVID-19 manual to illustrate the importance of education and the role that everyone plays during these circumstances. As parents, we understand your concerns for your students at this time and would like to outline the protocols set out by the Utah State Board of Education and the Utah Department of Health that we encourage you to follow.
For the health of your child and others please:
• Check your child for symptoms of COVID-19 every day before school.
• Take your child’s temperature every day before school. If your child has a temperature of 100.4º F (38º C) or higher, the child has a fever. If you do not have a thermometer, check your child’s skin to see if it feels warm or is red, or ask if he or she have chills or are sweaty.
• Keep your child home from school if he or she feels sick or has symptoms of COVID-19.
• Follow the quarantine guidance if your child or anyone who lives in your home is exposed to someone with COVID-19.
• Review and update your child's plans (Individual Healthcare Plan, Individualized Education Plan, 504 plan) with the school.
• Help your child clean his or her cloth face covering or mask.
At NDPA, the safety of your students is our number one concern as we prepare for this upcoming school year. If your child is considered "at-risk" we want to assure that the proper protocols are taken to promote the safety of their health. If your child has any underlying medical conditions, please fill out this survey: https://webercoe.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3NMC9TUTJY5i7o9
Finally, please take some time to review the COVID-19 manual set out by the USBE and Utah Health Department for further details concerning the protocols that we will be following for COVID-19 at NDPA. These manuals can be found on our website: https://northdavisprep.org/covid_information
We have missed all of our students and are excited to see them with these safety guidelines in place and are looking forward to a great 2020-2021 school year.
SCHOOL SUPPLY LISTS: https://northdavisprep.org/school_supply_lists
JR. HIGH BACK-TO-SCHOOL AND REGISTRATION OPEN HOUSE
7th graders and Jr. High students who are new to NDPA are invited to come to the school between the 2:00-7:00 PM on Wednesday, August 12.
- Take a self-guided tour of the school
- Pay registration fees (by cash or check only)*
- Get your student class schedule
Please keep in mind that we will only allow a certain number of people in the building at a time, try to limit the number of people you bring with you and leave younger siblings at home. Masks will be required to enter the building, and everyone will have their temperature taken upon entry.
*Preferred method of Jr. High fees: https://secureinstantpayments.com/sip/cart/event.php - to avoid the 3% fee, you can use the "echeck" option by entering your bank's routing number and your checking account number (this option only charges $0.49).
K-6TH BACK-TO-SCHOOL OPEN HOUSE
Students who will be in Kindergarten through 6th grade are invited to come to the school between 2:00-7:00 PM on Thursday, August 13.
- Take a tour of the school
- See where your class will be
- See what POET (NDPA’s Parent Teacher Team) is all about and learn about volunteering
- Visit the POET Uniform Sale
Please keep in mind that we will only allow a certain number of people in the building at a time, try to limit the number of people you bring with you. Masks will be required to enter the building, and everyone will have their temperature taken upon entry.
ONLINE ONLY STUDENTS - You should have received updates regarding online school in the last few days. If you missed that email, see here: https://northdavisprep.org/uploads/document/attachment/239/North_Davis_Preparatory_Academy_Distance_Learning_Program_2020.pdf
COMING SOON! You will be able to do the following online to help with physical distancing. Watch your email for more information and links.
- Purchase yearbooks
- Purchase NDPA hoodies
Wednesday, August 12 - Jr. High Registration & Back-to-School Open House, 2:00-7:00 PM
Thursday, August 13 - K-6th Back-to-School Open House, 2:00-7:00 PM
Tuesday, August 18-Friday, August 21 - EARLY OUT ALL WEEK - 1st-6th grades release at 1:00 PM. 7th-9th releases at 1:10 PM.
Tuesday, August 18-Friday, August 21 - Kindergarten Assessment Week
Tuesday, August 18 - First day of school - B DAY
Wednesday, August 19 - A DAY
Thursday, August 20 - B DAY
Friday, August 21 - A DAY - Free Free Dress Day
Monday, August 24 - A DAY
Tuesday, August 25 - B DAY
Wednesday, August 26 - A DAY
Wednesday, August 26 - First day of kindergarten
Thursday, August 27 - B DAY
Friday, August 28 - B DAY - Free Free Dress Day - Early Release (AM kinder releases at 10:30 AM, PM kinder begins at 11:00 AM and ends at 1:00 PM.)
MARK YOUR CALENDARS:
- NO SCHOOL - Labor Day, Monday, September 7
- NDPA POET Fun Run, Monday, September 21
SCHOOL WEBSITE: northdavisprep.org
2020-21 ANNUAL SCHOOL CALENDAR: https://northdavisprep.org/uploads/document/attachment/198/2020-2021_SY_Calendar__Page_1.jpg
NDPA ON FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/northdavisprep/
POET on INSTAGRAM: poet.ndpa
SUBSCRIBE TO THE NDPA YOU TUBE PAGE - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTkFNh_OVKToRZjii8f2Mqg
BOX TOPS: http://www.boxtops4education.com/bonusapp
AMAZON SMILE: Make your purchases through smile.amazon.com, and they give a % back to NDPA at no additional cost to you!
FREE & REDUCED SCHOOL LUNCH: Apply online via your Aspire login
FEE WAIVERS: https://northdavisprep.org/uploads/document/attachment/224/FeeWaiverApplication712.pdf - EN ESPAÑOL: https://northdavisprep.org/uploads/document/attachment/225/FeeWaiverApplication712Spanish.pdf