NDPA…¡Qué Pasa! – May 4, 2018
IN THIS EDITION:
- Immersion Applications Open through May 11
- Spirit Week, May 14-18
- Summer Literacy Camp
- Summer Lego Robotics Camp
- Volunteers Wanted: Field Day
- Get those hours logged
- Upcoming Events & Mark Your Calendar
- Annual Calendar & Quick Links
IMMERSION APPLICATIONS OPEN – The Immersion Application process for the upcoming 2018-19 school year is now available. To apply, go to: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/XWK3BH7 – please be sure to answer each question carefully, misinformation could delay your entrance into the Immersion program and/or require you to reapply. If your student is already in immersion, you DO NOT need to reapply.
The Immersion selection process is based on volunteer hours, please be sure you have logged your hours in the Raptor system, links to the volunteer application and logging system are at the bottom of this newsletter.
SPIRIT WEEK, May 14-18 – The week to bust out your craziest outfits is upon us! The week of May 14-18, NDPA will celebrate our school spirit with the following dress-up days. Please remember that covering your body from shoulders to two inches above the knee and closed-toed, closed-heeled, flat shoes are required with all outfit selections.
- Monday: Crazy Hair Day – It’s time to do your ‘do! Temporary hair color is allowed if the color returns tomorrow and hair coloring happens at home. Please do not bring hair supplies to school to work on your hair here.
- Tuesday: Heroes vs. Villains Day – Dress up as your favorite super hero or villain or make up your own. Masks are a school safety issue; they cannot cover your face.
- Wednesday: Pajama Day – Show up to school in your comfy wear! Make sure your jammies fully cover you, and please, no slippers.
- Thursday: Dress Like a Teacher Day – You’ve watched us all year, now it’s time to try and BE us. Dress up as a favorite teacher or maybe just one with a great style you’d like to take on.
- Friday: Free Dress Day – Regular dollar dress day rules apply, but take a day to show your lion pride with a little individuality.
SUMMER LITERACY CAMP – LITERACY camp is a educational program that is a fun and engaging place for your child to practice his/her reading and writing skills. Each day kids participate in either a fun craft, science experiment, or game, as well as work on reading, writing, and spelling. The program is differentiated according to your child’s current level, and accommodates struggling-readers as well as students who need a challenge over the summer. This structured and exciting program will help prevent “summer slope” so that your child is ready and prepared for the school year in the fall. Register now to reserve your child’s spot: http://northdavisprep.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/LITERACY-Camp-Registration-2018.pdf
- WHO: Students going into 2nd-4th grades
- WHERE: North Davis Prep Academy (except for a couple field trip days)
- WHEN: Tuesdays/Thursdays June 5-July 31 (flexible scheduling, so you only sign up for the days you want)
- TIME: 9:00 am- 11:00 am
- COST per session: $15 for one student or $25 for two siblings, cash or check payable to Jennifer Larson
- Camp Interns will be 9th graders earning money to go to Spain!
Program coordinator: Jennifer Larson, first grade teacher (and former 3rd grade teacher) and K-12 Reading Specialist Endorsed. Want more information? Email email@example.com
SUMMER LEGO ROBOTICS CAMPS
Lego Robotics-BASIC – Come use your imagination to build and design with amazing WeDo 2.0 Lego Robotics kits. You can create and animate your new robot with basic computer programming skills you learn while at camp! You will make animals, race cars, helicopters and more! Sign up form for BASIC camp here:
Lego Robotics-ADVANCED* – Come use your imagination to build and design amazing space age Lego Robotics kits. You will create and animate your new robot with coding skills you learn while at camp! *Prerequisite Lego Robotics-Basic camp. Sign up form for ADVANCED camp here: http://northdavisprep.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Lego-Flyer-Advanced-2018-pdf.pdf
- WHO: Both camps are for ages 8-12 years old. Basic camp is a prerequisite to Advanced camp. 20 spots available per camp session.
- WHERE: North Davis Preparatory Academy
- WHEN: Choose between two 1-week sessions (each class has a limit of 20 kids)
- SESSION 1 – Monday, June 11 – Friday, June 15
- SESSION 2 – Monday, July 9 – Friday, July 13
- TIME: Choose morning, 9:00 AM-12:00 PM or afternoon, 1:00-4:00 PM (no afternoon class available for Advanced Robotics June 11-15)
- COST: $95.00 each session – Cash or check, payable to Jill Gibson.
- Camp Counselors will be NDPA students earning money to go to Spain!
STEM COORDINATOR: Jill Gibson (Master’s Degree in Elementary Education, 24 years of teaching & LEGO Extraordinaire because of her two young sons.) Want more information? firstname.lastname@example.org
VOLUNTEERS WANTED: FIELD DAY
ELEMENTARY FIELD DAY – Calling all parents! We need you! Elementary Field Day is approaching fast and we are looking for volunteers to help make this year a great success! This year’s field day is Monday, May 21. We are looking for volunteers from 7:30 AM-3:30 PM. Looking for volunteers to assist with activity stations, crossing guards, bathroom monitors, set up, and take down. Several slots are available and shift times vary.
JR. HIGH FIELD DAY – Volunteers wanted for Jr. High Field Day on Monday, May 21! There are many areas and shifts available, please sign up for as many as you can help with!
LOG YOUR VOLUNTEER HOURS – ¡HOLA NDPA Parents/Guardians! Please don’t forget to enter your Raptor Volunteer Application and hours into your Portals! Time is limited with the end of the school year wrapping up in a few weeks! Families are asked to volunteer 30 hours per year as part of NDPA’s charter.
Please find the Volunteer application link BELOW or on; www.NorthDavisPrep.org under the ‘Volunteer’ tab on the far right. (Please enter it on a desktop or laptop. * Apple devices WILL NOT work with Raptor.*)
Thank you so much for all you have done this school year to make it The BEST yet! Contact me should you have questions, concerns or issues! Tierra, Volunteer Coordinator, email@example.com
Monday, May 7-Friday, May 12 – TEACHER APPRECIATION WEEK
Monday, May 7 – AFTER SCHOOL: 1st-6th Karate
Tuesday, May 8 – AP Spanish Exam at Layton High
Wednesday, May 9 – Student Gov. campaign videos due
Wednesday, May 9 – Spirit Squad “Night to Remember”
Thursday, May 10 – AFTER SCHOOL: Science in Action
Thursday, May 10 – 4th grade program, 6:30 PM
Friday, May 11 – Immersion Applications Close
Friday, May 11 – Shrek cast party, 7:00 PM
Saturday, May 12 – Spirit Squad, 7:00 AM
Saturday, May 12 – Volleyball Skills Camp, 2:30 PM
Monday, May 14 – AFTER SCHOOL: 1st-6th Karate
Wednesday, May 16 – Kindergarten Lunch, AM classes 10:15, PM classes 12:30
Wednesday, May 16 – AFTER SCHOOL: Spirit Squad
Wednesday, May 16 – Musical Theater/Social Dance Performance, 6:30 PM
Thursday, May 17 – AFTER SCHOOL: Science in Action; Jr. High Book Club
Thursday, May 17 – 3rd grade Espanolandia, 6:30 PM
Friday, May 18 – Student Gov. election day
Friday, May 18 – AFTER SCHOOL: Spirit Squad
Friday, May 18 – 7th-9th grades Spring Semi-Formal, 7:00-9:00 PM
Saturday, May 19 – Spirit Squad, 7:00 AM-2:30 PM
Saturday, May 19 – Volleyball Skills Camp, 2:30 PM
MARK YOUR CALENDARS
- Field Day – Monday, May 21
- Last Day of School – Friday, May 25
- Volunteer Appreciation Night – Wednesday, May 30
VOLUNTEER APPLICATION: https://apps.raptortech.com/Apply/NDgyOmVuLVVT
VOLUNTEER PORTAL: https://apps.raptortech.com/Volunteer/Login/NDgyOlZvbHVudGVlcjplbi1VUw%3d%3d
2017-18 ANNUAL CALENDAR: http://northdavisprep.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/2017-2018-Calendar-BOARD-APPROVED-2-01-17-NDPA-1.pdf
2018-19 ANNUAL CALENDAR:
TEACHER KUDOS: http://signup.com/go/zLWhzL
NDPA ON FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/northdavisprep/
POET ON INSTAGRAM: poet_ndpa
BOX TOPS: http://www.boxtops4education.com/bonusapp