Mar 09, 2021
IN THIS EDITION:
- Traffic patterns for drop-off & pick-up
- Parent Teacher Conferences
- Spring Sports
- Last Chance Yearbooks!
- LEO at Chick-fil-A
- Order your NDPA logo masks!
- Order class pictures online by THIS Wednesday
- Upcoming Events
- Quick Links
TRAFFIC PATTERNS FOR DROP-OFF & PICK-UP - Please take moment to look over the traffic patterns for both NDPA parking lots here: https://northdavisprep.org/drop_off_pick_up - Remember to take your time and be careful during peak drop-off and pick-up times.
- NO LEFT TURNS are allowed from Cold Creek Way into the Elementary parking lot during peak traffic times.
- NO RIGHT TURNS should be made from Hill Field Road into the Jr. High parking lot BY THE MARQUEE during peak traffic times.
- YES TO RIGHT TURNS into the Jr. High at the LONG DRIVE from Hill Field Road.
- Pull through all the way to the FRONT OF THE LINE before stopping to drop off students.
- DO NOT BLOCK cross walks.
- Layton City Police officers will be nearby intermittently to help with traffic and may give a ticket to those not following traffic laws, such as parking in red zones and making illegal turns.
PARENT TEACHER CONFERENCES - Teachers should have sent information for you to schedule an appointment. If you haven't heard from your teacher, please feel free to email them to request a conference. You can meet with teachers virtually or in-person.
If you plan to meet with your teacher in-person, please note:
- Only one parent + the student should enter the school for an in-person conference.
- All visitors to the building must wear a mask.
- You should not enter the school more than 5 minutes before your scheduled appointment time.
6TH-9TH GRADE VOLLEYBALL: Meet on Monday, March 8th @ 3:30 in the JH gym. All students encouraged to participate. Coaches will check temperatures and COVID-19 symptoms upon entry. Be sure to wear your mask! Coaches will separate players into two groups according to skill—one will play/practice in the JH and one at the elementary. Plan on playing every M/W/Th 3:30-5:00 for the duration of the season.
6TH-9TH GIRLS SOCCER: Meet on Tuesday, March 9th @ 3:30 on the JH field. Coach will check temperatures and COVID-19 symptoms upon entry. Plan on playing Tuesdays 3:30-4:30 and Fridays at a time to be determined. (Coach will have more information at Tuesday’s practice.) Practices will be split between the JH Field & Ellison Park. Parents, please stay for a brief parent meeting after the first practice on Tuesday to get information about the season and to sign your student’s consent form.
LAST CHANCE YEARBOOKS - Now through Parent Teacher Conferences (March 24 & 25) is your last chance to order yearbooks for elementary and Jr. high students! Be sure to order today!
Kinder-6th grade yearbooks are $18.
- Click this link to order an ELEMENTARY yearbook: https://www.yearbookordercenter.com/index.cfm/job/20030 - Enter our school name and your student’s name to begin your order.
7th-9th yearbooks are $26.
- Click this link to order an JR HIGH yearbook: https://www.yearbookordercenter.com/index.cfm/job/16104 - Enter our school name and your student’s name to begin your order.
LEO AT CHICK-FIL-A - NDPA’s next LEO Night is at Chick-fil-A in Layton on March 24 & 25 from 2:00-4:00 PM. Attend PTC, then enjoy a snack or early dinner! Chick-fil-A is always a great treat! Send your friends, family, and neighbors between 2:00-4:00 PM. This event will be done via curbside, takeout, and drive thru.
GET YOUR NDPA LOGO MASKS! Now that your students will be coming to school each day, you may need extra masks. Go to https://xpressionmasks.com/products/ndpa-red-school-spirit-mask to purchase yours today. Proceeds from mask sales will be donated to NDPA.
ORDER YOUR CLASS PICTURES BEFORE WEDNESDAY - Wednesday is the last day Class Composites are available to order from inter-state.com! Use Order Code 56658MQ by 03/10/2021 at 11:59 pm. Don’t miss out! Your school’s Class Composite Order Code is 56658MQ.
Monday, March 8 - K-6 students begin Monday-Thursday in-person attendance
Tuesday, March 9 - AFTER-SCHOOL - Spirit Squad practice, 3:30 PM; Girls Soccer, 3:30 PM
Wednesday, March 10 - AFTER-SCHOOL - Combined Boys & Girls Volleyball practice, 3:30 PM
Thursday, March 11 - AFTER-SCHOOL - Combined Boys & Girls Volleyball practice, 3:30 PM
Thursday, March 11 - POET meeting, 6:30 PM
Friday, March 12 - B day for 7th-9th graders
Saturday, March 13 - Spirit Squad, 8:30 AM
Monday, March 15 - 7th-9th grade students begin Monday-Thursday in-person attendance
Monday, March 15 - AFTER-SCHOOL - Combined Boys & Girls Volleyball practice, 3:30 PM
Tuesday, March 16 - AFTER-SCHOOL - Spirit Squad practice, 3:30 PM; Girls Soccer, 3:30 PM
Wednesday, March 17 - AFTER-SCHOOL - Combined Boys & Girls Volleyball practice, 3:30 PM
Thursday, March 18 - AFTER-SCHOOL - Combined Boys & Girls Volleyball practice, 3:30 PM
Thursday, March 18 - End Term 3
Friday, March 19 - Theater 2 dress rehearsal, 9:00 AM-1:00 PM
Friday, March 19 - Virtual learning day for all students
Saturday, March 20 - Spirit Squad, 8:30 AM
MARK YOUR CALENDARS:
- March 24 & 25, Early Out for all students for Parent Teacher Conferences
- Parent Teacher Conferences, Wednesday, March 24 & Thursday, March 25
- LEO at Chick-fil-A, March 24 & 25
- No school, Friday, March 26, Teacher Comp Day
- Spring Break, Monday, March 29-Friday, April 2
SCHOOL WEBSITE: https://northdavisprep.org/
2020-21 ANNUAL SCHOOL CALENDAR: https://northdavisprep.org/uploads/document/attachment/198/final_2020-2021_School_Calendar__BOARD_APPROVED_2-05-20__-_NDPA_final.jpg
NDPA ON FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/northdavisprep/
POET on INSTAGRAM: poet.ndpa
SUBSCRIBE TO THE NDPA YOU TUBE PAGE - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTkFNh_OVKToRZjii8f2Mqg
BOX TOPS: http://www.boxtops4education.com/bonusapp
AMAZON SMILE: Make your purchases through smile.amazon.com, and they give a % back to NDPA at no additional cost to you!
FREE & REDUCED SCHOOL LUNCH: Apply online via your Aspire login
FEE WAIVERS: https://northdavisprep.org/uploads/document/attachment/224/FeeWaiverApplication712.pdf - EN ESPAÑOL: https://northdavisprep.org/uploads/document/attachment/225/FeeWaiverApplication712Spanish.pdf