IN THIS EDITION:
- 7th-9th Night Games, TONIGHT, Friday, November 17
- Barnes & Noble Day is here! TOMORROW, Saturday, November 18
- Hoodie update
- Science Fair
- 2018 Polar Plunge
- Jr. High Yearbook Cover Contest
- Art Auction Class Project Volunteers Wanted
- Upcoming Events
- Annual Calendar & Quick Links
7TH-9TH NIGHT GAMES – It gets dark early now. We can either fight it or roll with it. Come join us for NIGHT GAMES, Friday, November 17, from 7:00-9:00 PM. We’ll play some running games and drink some hot chocolate. This event is for NDPA junior high kiddos only.
BARNES & NOBLE DAY, TOMORROW – Are you ready to get your holiday shopping done? Then look no further than NDPA’s Barnes & Noble Day! IT’S TOMORROW, SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 18! B&N has everything you’ll need to make your holiday merry and bright with books, Nooks, games, toys, calendars, DVDs, 3-D printers, writing needs, and much more, B&N Day is the day to check those gifts off your list. Plus, FREE gift wrapping!
- Bring your B&N Day voucher or see a volunteer that day to get one from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM at the Layton B&N. Vouchers can also be used all day in store if you can’t join us during our event.
- Shop, enjoy a treat from the cafe, and have fun with our: World famous NDPA Choir at 10:30, all day crafts, games, LEGO table, essay readings (11:15 am) and art display, story times with Mrs. Zost (10:00 am), Mrs. Anthony, and Mrs. Beaulieu (1:00 pm), games, and much more.
- When you pay for your purchases, remind the cashier that you are with NDPA and give them your voucher.
- Share the voucher via email and social media to your friends and family. They can shop that day, too, either online or at a B&N near them. Plus, shop online November 11/17 through 11/22 online and use the voucher number when you check out – our school gets credit for the sale, too!
See you at B&N!!
FOR THOSE THAT ENTERED THE ESSAY OR ART CONTEST, PLEASE BE AT B&N at approximately 11:15 am. You are invited to read your essay in the store and all art will be on display. Winners will be announced at this time.
HOODIE UPDATE – Hoodie Update! Watch for hoodies to come home the first week of December! We have a larger order this year, which takes longer to fill. Thank you for your patience! Any questions, please contact Kristen Tate at firstname.lastname@example.org
YEARBOOKS! Hurry and order your 2017-2018 yearbooks now, before prices go up.
Elementary yearbook $14, code 20030
Jr, High yearbook, $22, code 16104
Prices go up after Friday, December 22! *** NO YEARBOOKS WILL BE SOLD ON THE LAST DAY OF SCHOOL***
Click here to see a list of K-6 students who have ordered yearbooks: http://northdavisprep.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/yearbook-sales-11-17-17-1.pdf – Any questions or concerns please contact Emily Longoria at email@example.com
SCIENCE FAIR – It’s that time of year again! The 13th annual NDPA Science Fair. We have quite a reputation for being one of the best as our performance at Weber State University showed last year. If your child loves science, please encourage them to enter. More information is available in the registration packet at this link: http://northdavisprep.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/2017-2018-Science-Fair-Packet.pdf or ask Ms. Adams for more details, firstname.lastname@example.org.
2018 POLAR PLUNGE – It’s never too early to start planning for your plunge on Saturday, January 20, 2018! All students are invited to “TRY EVERYTHING” and jump in the Polar Plunge. Find sponsors who will pay you to take the plunge and that money can go toward your Spain Study Abroad now – no matter what grade you’re in!
- Polar Plunge Toolkit: http://northdavisprep.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Polar-plunge-packet-2017.pdf
- Polar Plunge Registration: https://events.regtix.com/ndpa.htm?xnocache=true
JR. HIGH YEARBOOK COVER CONTEST – Attention all Jr. high artists!! We are having our yearly Yearbook Art Cover Contest for grades 7-8! We would love to have your entry in our contest. Please include the school year 2017-2018 and our school’s name in your design. You are welcome to use any art medium for your entry, it must be at least 8.5 X 11 in. and portrait style. The deadline is before the Christmas Break so get your creative vibes going! Please turn all entries in to the Jr, High office. Artwork will be returned.
JR HIGH YEARBOOK is looking for 10 year Veterans of NDPA! Has your child been roaming the halls of NDPA since Kindergarten? We would like to highlight them in the yearbook! Please bring your child’s Kindergarten picture to the office to be scanned for our “Then and Now” page. It’s fun to see how much they’ve grown and we’d like to have everyone’s photo on the page. If you have the class photo, bring it as well!
Hey, Shutterbugs!! We need your pictures for the yearbook! We are looking for any photos of our school activities that you have on your phone or camera.
- download the HJeShare app from the app store (black with a green arrow),
- go to www.hjeshare.com code 1718 and upload your pics to our website
- or email to email@example.com
Show us what you have, we’d love to see your work!!
ART AUCTION CLASS PROJECT VOLUNTEERS WANTED – Are you looking for volunteer hours? We are looking for creative, fun, and crafty volunteers to help design and produce class projects. Each team of teachers creates one project, which means there are a total of 14 projects and 14 volunteers needed! Projects can be a wide range of art from wall art, quilts, yard games, to furniture upcysles. Students help create the project in some aspect whether that is painting, nailing, cutting, gluing, etc. If this sounds like something you would be interested in and would like more information, please send a message to Jenny Garn at firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text at 801-791-4657.
Monday, November 20 – HOME Basketball games VS Dual Immersion Academy; Girls at 4:00 PM, Boys at 5:00 PM
Tuesday, November 21 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Girls basketball, 3:30; Boys basketball, 4:00 PM; K-6 Choir
Wednesday, November 22-Friday, November 24 – THANKSGIVING BREAK
Wednesday, November 22 – Spirit Squad, 9:00 AM
Friday, November 24 – Spirit Squad, 1:30 PM
Friday, November 24 – Boys basketball, 3:30 PM
Saturday, November 25 – Spirit Squad, 7:00 AM
Saturday, November 25 – Science Olympiad, 9:00 AM
Monday, November 27 – HOME Basketball games VS Ascent Academy; Girls at 5:00 PM, Boys at 6:00 PM
Tuesday, November 28 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Girls basketball, 3:30; Boys basketball, 4:00 PM; K-6 Choir
Wednesday, November 29 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Spirit Squad, 3:30 PM
Thursday, November 30 – AFTER-SCHOOL: K-6 STEM; Boys & Girls basketball
Friday, December 1 – Dollar Dress Day
Friday, December 1 – 1st grade field trip to Treehouse Museum, 8:30-11:30 AM
Friday, December 1 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Spirit Squad, 1:30 PM; Boys basketball, 3:30 PM
Saturday, November 18 – Spirit Squad, 7:00 AM
MARK YOUR CALENDARS:
- K-6 Choir Performance, Monday, December 4, 6:30 PM
- NDPA 7-9 Storytelling Festival, December 6, 6:30 PM
- Kindergarten program, December 7, 6:00 PM
- Winter Break – Wednesday, December 20-Tuesday, January 2
ANNUAL CALENDAR: http://northdavisprep.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/2017-2018-Calendar-BOARD-APPROVED-2-01-17-NDPA-1.pdf
NDPA ALERTS: Text “@k-4alerts” or “@5-9alerts” to 81010. If you have trouble using 81010, text (385) 218-6887.
MARQUEE GREETINGS: http://signup.com/go/3yryKw
NDPA ON FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/northdavisprep/
POET ON INSTAGRAM: poet_ndpa
BOX TOPS: http://www.boxtops4education.com/bonusapp