IN THIS EDITION:
- NDPA K-6 Choir Performing THIS MONDAY at Davis Conference Center
- Barnes & Noble Day, Saturday, November 18
- Barnes & Noble Day volunteers needed
- Barnes & Noble Contest Entries Due THIS TUESDAY, November 14
- 7th-9th Night Game, Friday, November 17
- Science Fair
- 8th grade students can now apply for Zion Nat’l Park campout
- 2018 Polar Plunge
- Concessions at home basketball games
- Jr. High Yearbook Cover Contest
- Congratulations to our October K-4 ROAR winners
- Art Auction Class Project Volunteers Wanted
- NDPA In the News: ABC Good 4 Utah
- Upcoming Events
- Annual Calendar & Quick Links
NDPA K-6 CHOIR PERFORMANCE – Come support the NDPA elementary choir, Monday, November 13, at 7:00 PM. We will be performing at the Safe Harbor Evergreen family night at the Davis Conference Center. Click here for more information about the Safe Harbor event: http://northdavisprep.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/SHFlyer-2017.pdf
BARNES & NOBLE DAY, SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 18 – Are you ready to get your holiday shopping done? Then look no further than NDPA’s Barnes & Noble Day! B&N has everything you’ll need to make your holiday merry and bright. From books, Nooks, games, toys, calendars, DVDs, 3-D printers, writing needs, and much more, B&N Day is the day to check those gifts off your list. Plus, FREE gift wrapping!
- Bring your B&N Day voucher or see a volunteer that day to get one from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM on Saturday, November 18, at the Layton B&N. (Voucher will be in next week’s Que Pasa)
- Shop, enjoy a treat from the cafe, and have fun with our: World famous NDPA Choir at 10:30, all day crafts, games, face painting, LEGO table, story times, and much more!
- When you pay for your purchases, remind the cashier that you are with NDPA and give them your voucher.
- Share the voucher via email and social media to your friends and family. They can shop with the code that day too, either online or at a B&N near them.
See you at B&N!!
BARNES & NOBLE DAY VOLUNTEERS NEEDED – Looking for a fun way to get some volunteer hours and on a Saturday, no less!? Volunteers are needed for B&N Day on Saturday, November 18. Volunteer for an hour or two, or even the whole day. Help is needed at the gift wrap table, games table, maker robotics table, craft table, LEGO, OR you can do craft prep work at home. If you can help out, contact Kim Valeika at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- IF YOU ARE A 9TH GRADER AND WOULD BE INTERESTED IN HELPING AT THE FACE PAINTING TABLE, PLEASE CONTACT KIM VALEIKA ASAP, email@example.com. Thank you!
BARNES & NOBLE DAY CONTEST – DEADLINE THIS TUESDAY! Don’t forget to turn in your art or essay entry for the “I am Thankful for…” contest. The entry boxes are looking sadly empty – we know you have SO much to be thankful for but you only have to pick one thing for the contest. Remember, we’ll be reading essays at approximately 11:15 AM, come on back to the kid’s area and read your essay live! Also, all artwork will be displayed at the store that day. Below are the rules as a reminder.
Due to limited space at B&N and time constraints, please follow these guidelines:
- Entries are due Tuesday, November 14 by end of school. Late entries will be not be accepted.
- Artwork can be no larger than 10×14 (no exceptions).
- Artwork can be any medium (paint, crayon, pencil, etc.).
- Essays can be up to one page in length (typed or handwritten) in Español or English.
- Entries should be created during the current school year (Aug 2017 to now).
- ON THE BACK (as they may be displayed publicly): First and last name, grade, and homeroom/advisory teacher.
- Turn entries in at either POET desk in the marked box beginning October 31st.
- Entries will be judged on originality, creativity, and following the guidelines.
- 1st place winner per grade per category (K-9) will win a B&N gift card.
- Students may be asked to read their essay at B&N and all artwork will be displayed that day. Please attend that day to read or view your entry.
- Late entries or those that do not follow contest guidelines will be returned to the student.
Any questions, please contact Kim Valeika at firstname.lastname@example.org, 801-546-4927.
7TH-9TH NIGHT GAMES – It gets dark early now. We can either fight it or roll with it. Come join us for NIGHT GAMES, Friday, November 17, from 7:00-9:00 PM. We’ll play some running games and drink some hot chocolate. This event is for NDPA junior high kiddos only.
- Volunteers needed: A bunch of teenagers in the dark…it has all the ingredients of a disaster and yet it always goes so well. I think the success of this event rests on the shoulders of my awesome chaperones. We’re looking for folks to wander around the school campus in the dark from about 6:45-9:00 PM on Friday, November 17. If you’re free and willing to help, shoot a note to Katie at email@example.com .
SCIENCE FAIR – It’s that time of year again! The 13th annual NDPA Science Fair. We have quite a reputation for being one of the best as our performance at Weber State University showed last year. If your child loves science, please encourage them to enter. More information is available in the registration packet at this link: http://northdavisprep.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/2017-2018-Science-Fair-Packet.pdf or ask Ms. Adams for more details, firstname.lastname@example.org.
8th GRADE STUDENTS CAN APPLY FOR ZION CAMPOUT – NDPA is taking thirty 8th graders on a campout in May to Zion National Park! If this is something your student would be interested in, there is an application process. For more details please click the link below to download the application; it should answer all your questions. Please ask Ms. Adams or Mr. Garcia for more details.
2018 POLAR PLUNGE – It’s never too early to start planning for your plunge on Saturday, January 20, 2018! All students are invited to “TRY EVERYTHING” and jump in the Polar Plunge. Find sponsors who will pay you to take the plunge and that money can go toward your Spain Study Abroad now – no matter what grade you’re in!
- Polar Plunge Toolkit: http://northdavisprep.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Polar-plunge-packet-2017.pdf
- Polar Plunge Registration: https://events.regtix.com/ndpa.htm?xnocache=true
Polar Plunge T-shirt Design Contest – Students are invited to submit design ideas for the 2018 Polar Plunge t-shirt. Be sure to incorporate the theme “Try Everything” or in Spanish “Todo lo intentare.” Submit completed design with your name and homeroom teacher by FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 17. Paper submissions to the front office in either building or email to email@example.com.
CONCESSIONS AT HOME BASKETBALL GAMES – Be sure to bring a little cash to the next game, they will have pizza, cookies, chips, water, and more available for purchase!
- Pizza $2
- Cookies $1
- Licorice 5 for $1
- Chips 2/$1
- Water $1
- Candy bars $1
JR. HIGH YEARBOOK COVER CONTEST – Attention all Jr. high artists!! We are having our yearly Yearbook Art Cover Contest for grades 7-8! We would love to have your entry in our contest. Please include the school year 2017-2018 and our school’s name in your design. You are welcome to use any art medium for your entry, it must be at least 8.5 X 11 in. and portrait style. The deadline is before the Christmas Break so get your creative vibes going! Please turn all entries in to the Jr, High office. Artwork will be returned.
YEARBOOK is looking for 10 year Veterans of NDPA! Has your child been roaming the halls of NDPA since Kindergarten? We would like to highlight them in the yearbook! Please bring your child’s Kindergarten picture to the office to be scanned for our “Then and Now” page. It’s fun to see how much they’ve grown and we’d like to have everyone’s photo on the page. If you have the class photo, bring it as well!
Hey, Shutterbugs!! We need your pictures for the yearbook! We are looking for any photos of our school activities that you have on your phone or camera.
- download the HJeShare app from the appstore (black with a green arrow),
- go to www.hjeshare.com code 1718 and upload your pics to our website
- or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Show us what you have, we’d love to see your work!!
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR OCTOBER K-4 ROAR WINNERS – In October all the Elementary students were working on Accepting Others! Congratulations to our October Monthly ROAR Winners!!
ART AUCTION CLASS PROJECT VOLUNTEERS WANTED – Are you looking for volunteer hours? We are looking for creative, fun, and crafty volunteers to help design and produce class projects. Each team of teachers creates one project, which means there are a total of 14 projects and 14 volunteers needed! Projects can be a wide range of art from wall art, quilts, yard games, to furniture upcysles. Students help create the project in some aspect whether that is painting, nailing, cutting, glueing, etc. If this sounds like something you would be interested in and would like more information, please send a message to Jenny Garn at email@example.com or call/text at 801-791-4657.
NDPA IN THE NEWS: ABC’s Good 4 Utah invited a few of our Ciencia en Acción students to come visit with them last Wednesday, November 8. See the story here: http://www.good4utah.com/news/local-news/students-at-north-davis-preparatory-academy-win-1st-place-in-international-science-contest/853717228
Monday, November 13 – Begin Term 2
Monday, November 13 – HOME Basketball games VS Ogden Prep; Girls at 5:00 PM, Boys at 6:00 PM – Be sure to bring a little spending cash…concssions, including fresh pizza, will be available during the games!
Monday, November 13 – K-6 Choir performance at Safe Harbor Evergreen Event, Davis Conference Center, 6:30 PM
Tuesday, November 14 – Barnes & Noble Esaay Contest Deadline
Wednesday, November 15 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Spirit Squad, 3:30 PM; K-6 Art
Wednesday, November 15 – AWAY Basketball game VS Legacy Prep (2214 S 1250 W, Woods Cross), Girls at 5:00 PM, Boys at 6:00 PM
Wednesday, November 15 – 6th grade program, 6:30 PM
Thursday, November 16 – 6th grade field trip, Clark Planetarium, 8:10 AM at the Clearfield Frontrunner Station, retunr to Clearfield Frontrunner Station at 3:37 PM.
Thursday, November 16 – AFTER-SCHOOL: K-6 STEM; Boys & Girls basketball, 3:30 PM, Jr. High Book Club
Friday, November 17 – Report cards posted to Aspire
Friday, November 17 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Spirit Squad, 1:30 PM; Girls basketball, 1:30 PM; Boys basketball, 3:30 PM
Friday, November 17 – 7th-9th Night Games, hosted by Student Government, 6:30-9:30 PM, Jr. High parking lot
Saturday, November 18 – Spirit Squad, 7:00 AM
Saturday, November 18 – POET Barnes & Noble Day, 10:00 AM-5:00 PM
Monday, November 20 – HOME Basketball games VS DUal Immersion Academy; Girls at 5:00 PM, Boys at 6:00 PM
Tuesday, November 21 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Girls basketball, 3:30; Boys basketball, 4:00 PM; K-6 Choir
Wednesday, November 22-Friday, November 24 – THANKSGIVING BREAK
Saturday, November 25 – Spirit Squad, 7:00 AM
Saturday, November 25 – Science Olympiad, 9:00 AM
MARK YOUR CALENDARS:
- Thanksgiving Break – Wednesday, November 22-Friday, November 24
ANNUAL CALENDAR: http://northdavisprep.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/2017-2018-Calendar-BOARD-APPROVED-2-01-17-NDPA-1.pdf
NDPA ALERTS: Text “@k-4alerts” or “@5-9alerts” to 81010. If you have trouble using 81010, text (385) 218-6887.
MARQUEE GREETINGS: http://signup.com/go/3yryKw
NDPA ON FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/northdavisprep/
POET ON INSTAGRAM: poet_ndpa
BOX TOPS: http://www.boxtops4education.com/bonusapp