Sep 14, 2021
IN THIS EDITION:
- Picture Day, TOMORROW, Wednesday, September 15
- NDPA Fall Fiesta Fun Run, THIS WEEKEND, September 17 & 18 + Volunteers needed!
- K-6 & 7-9 yearbooks on sale now!
- Share your photos for the yearbook
- Get last year's Jr. High yearbooks at a deep discount!
- AFTER-SCHOOL Activities: Karate & K-6 STEM
- NDPA Sports: Boys Basketball Tryouts
- L.E.O. Night at Mod Pizza, September 30
- Upcoming surveys
- Calendar of Events & Mark Your Calendars
- Quick Links
PICTURE DAY - Picture day is Wednesday, September 15. Students must wear a collared UNIFORM shirt for school pictures. We try to get students in at the beginning of class, so make sure you're on time that day. No cash payments will be accepted, please pre-purchase your pictures at https://inter-state.com/FlyerEntry and enter school code 59583XF.
NDPA FALL FIESTA 2021 - Celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month with NDPA! Invite your neighbors, family, and friends to these fun-filled events!
- Who should come to the Fall Fiesta Fun Run? Everyone! Bring your friends, neighbors and family to celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month with NDPA.
- What is for dinner on Friday, September 17? Food trucks will be available! Banditos Tacos, El Cenote Utah, Churro'MAZING and Dawg Pound.
- What is the entertainment on Friday night? Oaxaca Performing Group,Ballet Folklorico Tutulli, and a live band-Sangre Latina.
- Can I come to the Fun Run/5K on Saturday, September 18 if I didn't register? Absolutely! On-site registration is available and it is free!
- THIS Friday, September 17, 5:00-8:00 PM, invite your friends, family and neighbors for games, food trucks, and entertainment. Including a live band,
- THIS Saturday, September 18, 8:00-10:00 AM, annual FUN RUN come "run with the bulls."
PARENTS, WE NEED YOUR HELP! Get your volunteer hours in early by volunteering for the Fall Fiesta! Go to https://helpcounterweb.com/ci/signup/14a46386d6d to sign up for your volunteer spot today! (Psst...POET will be doing drawings throughout the school year to award people who have been volunteering - don't miss your chance to win a fun prize!)
YEARBOOKS ON SALE NOW - Don't wait...order your student's yearbook today! Take advantage of LOWER PRICES this time of year!
- K-6 Elementary only $10.95: https://link.entourageyearbooks.com/YBStore/yearbookStoreMain.asp?yearbook_id=53242&product_id=43225
- 7-9 Jr. High only $20.95: https://link.entourageyearbooks.com/YBStore/yearbookStoreMain.asp?yearbook_id=53962&product_id=43681
SHARE YOUR PHOTOS - Do you have photos of NDPA events you want to share? Go to this QR code and upload them today!
2020-21 Jr. HIGH YEARBOOKS FOR SALE - Amazing opportunity! If you were unable to purchase Jr. High yearbooks for last school year, POET will have some for sale during our Fall Fiesta Fun run events on Friday and Saturday for the incredibly discounted price of $5 each. Cash or check payments only. While supplies last.
AFTER SCHOOL KARATE - Starts TODAY! You can still sign up!
WHEN: 9/14, 9/18, 9/21 and 9/23
TIME: 3 PM - 4 PM (we will do fun activities until the Sensei arrives at 3:30)
COST: $25 (cash, check or Venmo - be detailed in the memo)
Sign up at the POET Desk at the Elementary with your flyer and/or the Sign-Up Sheet
AFTER SCHOOL STEM
GRADES: K-6 ( 24 spots per level: K-1/ 2-3 / 4-6 )
WHEN: THURSDAYS 9/30, 10/7, skip Fall Break, 10/21, 10/28, 11/4 and 11/11
TIME: 3 PM - 4 PM
SIGN-UPS WILL BE OPEN AT 8 AM on 9/16 on https://adventuresinstem.org/. IT IS FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED.
WATCH FOR MORE CLASSES TO BE ADDED SOON!
Any questions about After School Activities, email Amy Starks at firstname.lastname@example.org
NDPA SPORTS: BOYS BASKETBALL TRYOUTS
WHEN: Wednesday, Sept. 22, 2021
WHERE: ELEMENTARY GYM
Please bring: Water bottle.
Instructions: Please register before entering the gym.
Questions or Cconcerns, please email: Noal Loertscher, Basketball Coach, email@example.com
L.E.O. NIGHT: MOD PIZZA - Be sure to invite your family, friends, and neighbors to the next L.E.O. at Mod Pizza in Layton, on Thursday, September 30, from 10:30 AM-10:00 PM. Use order code: GR192435N to help Mod Pizza give back to NDPA.
The upheaval and anxiety caused by the pandemic has impacted everyone’s lives more than we could ever have imagined. We know that many of you are juggling the unexpected challenges of your children’s learning.
We’d like to know how you feel your children’s learning is going for them, and for you. Your input and their input will let us know where we might need to give your children, and you, additional support. And although we hate to think about it, these insights might help us respond effectively should we ever again have to make a transition.
Please take a few minutes to express your thoughts by completing the survey that will be sent in the next couple weeks. We will also be conducting surveys with students in class over the next several weeks. If you have any questions, please let us know.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS:
September 13-17 - ROAR Week
Tuesday, September 14 - After-school: Karate, 3:00-4:00 PM
Tuesday, September 14 - HOME XC meet, NDPA campus, 4:30 PM
Wednesday, September 15 - Picture Day, be sure to wear a UNIFORM top!
Wednesday, September 15 - HOME Volleyball vs Ascent WJ, 3:30 PM
Thursday, September 16 - After-school: Karate, 3:00-4:00 PM
Thursday, September 16 - AWAY Soccer vs Lakeview Academy, 4:30 PM
Thursday, September 16 - HOME XC meet, NDPA campus, 4:30 PM
Friday, September 17 - NDPA Fall Fiesta, 5:00-8:00 PM, Jr. high parking lot
Saturday, September 18 - Fall Fiesta Fun Run, 8:00-10:00 AM
Monday, September 20 - HOME Volleyball vs ASCF, 3:30 PM
Monday, September 20 - AWAY Soccer vs Early Light, 4:30 PM
Tuesday, September 21 - After-school: Karate, 3:00-4:00 PM
Tuesday, September 21 - HOME Soccer vs HAW, NDPA campus, 4:30 PM
Wednesday, September 22 - HOME Volleyball vs LPA, 3:30 PM
Thursday, September 23 - 4th grade field trip, This s The Place Heritage Park
Thursday, September 23 - After-school: Karate, 3:00-4:00 PM
Thursday, September 23 - HOME Volleyball vs ATH. Jr high gym, 3:30 PM
Friday, September 24 - NDPA Fall Fiesta, 5:00-8:00 PM, Jr. high parking lot
MARK YOUR CALENDARS:
- POET Fall Festival at Black Island Farms, Wednesday, October 6
2021-22 ANNUAL SCHOOL CALENDAR: https://northdavisprep.org/uploads/document/attachment/281/2021-2022_Calendar_NDPA.pdf
POET VOLUNTEER APPLICATION: helpcounterweb.com/welcome/?en=270683085
NDPA ON FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/northdavisprep/
POET on INSTAGRAM: poet.ndpa
BOX TOPS: http://www.boxtops4education.com/bonusapp
AMAZON SMILE: Make your purchases through smile.amazon.com, and they give a % back to NDPA at no additional cost to you!
FREE & REDUCED SCHOOL LUNCH: Apply online via your Aspire login
FEE WAIVER APPLICATION: https://www.schools.utah.gov/file/d90e7726-f4fa-47f1-a369-d82aa59691c9 (EN ESPAÑOL: https://www.schools.utah.gov/file/011fab88-e3d2-4116-b723-e4bef6f10b1b)