IN THIS EDITION:
- 2018 Polar Plunge
- Barnes & Noble Day, Saturday, November 18
- Barnes & Noble Contest Entries Due November 14
- Art Auction Class Project Volunteers Wanted
- Science Fair
- 8th grade students can now apply for Zion Nat’l Park campout
- Northern Utah STEM Expo
- Upcoming Events
- Annual Calendar & Quick Links
2018 POLAR PLUNGE – It’s never too early to start planning for your plunge on Saturday, January 20, 2018! All students are invited to “TRY EVERYTHING” and jump in the Polar Plunge. Find sponsors who will pay you to take the plunge and that money can go toward your Spain Study Abroad now – no matter what grade you’re in!
- Polar Plunge Toolkit: http://northdavisprep.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Polar-plunge-packet-2017.pdf
- Polar Plunge Registration: https://events.regtix.com/ndpa.htm?xnocache=true
Polar Plunge T-shirt Design Contest – Students are invited to submit design ideas for the 2018 Polar Plunge t-shirt. Be sure to incorporate the theme “Try Everything” or in Spanish “Todo lo intentare.” Submit completed design with your name and homeroom teacher by FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 17. Paper submissions to the front office in either building or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
BARNES & NOBLE DAY, SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 18 – Are you ready to get your holiday shopping done? Then look no further than NDPA’s Barnes and Noble Day! B&N has everything you’ll need to make your holiday merry and bright. From books, Nooks, games, toys, calendars, DVDs, 3-D printers, writing needs, and much more, B&N Day is the day to check those gifts off your list. Plus, FREE gift wrapping!
- Bring your B&N Day voucher or see a volunteer that day to get one from 10 am to 5 pm on Saturday, November 18th at the Layton B&N. (Voucher will be in next week’s Que Pasa)
- Shop, enjoy a treat from the cafe, and have fun with our: World famous NDPA Choir at 10:30, and all day crafts, games, face painting, LEGO table, story times, and much more.
- When you pay for your purchases, remind the cashier that you are with NDPA and give them your voucher.
- Share the voucher via email and social media to your friends and family. They can shop that day, too, either online or at a B&N near them.
See you at B&N!!
BARNES & NOBLE DAY CONTEST – Students, now is a great time to think about entering the “I am Thankful for…” contest. Take this weekend to think about the ONE thing you are thankful for and why you are thankful for it. Then, write a one-page paper or create a picture about it. Turn it in at either school in the box at the POET desk. All entries are due by Tuesday, November 14. Good Luck! We can’t wait to see your work!
Due to limited space at B&N and time constraints, please follow these guidelines:
- Entries are due Tuesday, November 14 by end of school. Late entries will be not be accepted.
- Artwork can be no larger than 10×14 (no exceptions).
- Artwork can be any medium (paint, crayon, pencil, etc.).
- Essays can be up to one page in length (typed or handwritten) in Español or English.
- Entries should be created during the current school year (Aug 2017 to now).
- ON THE BACK (as they may be displayed publicly): First and last name, grade, and homeroom/advisory teacher.
- Turn entries in at either POET desk in the marked box beginning October 31st.
- Entries will be judged on originality, creativity, and following the guidelines.
- 1st place winner per grade per category (K-9) will win a B&N gift card.
- Students may be asked to read their essay at B&N and all artwork will be displayed that day. Please attend that day to read or view your entry.
- Late entries or those that do not follow contest guidelines will be returned to the student.
Any questions, please contact Kim Valeika at email@example.com, 801-546-4927.
ART AUCTION CLASS PROJECT VOLUNTEERS WANTED – Are you looking for volunteer hours? We are looking for creative, fun, and crafty volunteers to help design and produce class projects. Each team of teachers creates one project, which means there are a total of 14 projects and 14 volunteers needed! Projects can be a wide range of art from wall art, quilts, yard games, to furniture upcysles. Students help create the project in some aspect whether that is painting, nailing, cutting, glueing, etc. If this sounds like something you would be interested in and would like more information, please send a message to Jenny Garn at firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text at 801-791-4657.
SCIENCE FAIR – It’s that time of year again! The 13th annual NDPA Science Fair. We have quite a reputation for being one of the best as our performance at Weber State University showed last year. If your child loves science, please encourage them to enter. More information is available in the registration packet at this link: http://northdavisprep.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/2017-2018-Science-Fair-Packet.pdf or ask Ms. Adams for more details, email@example.com.
8th GRADE STUDENTS CAN APPLY FOR ZION CAMPOUT – NDPA is taking thirty 8th graders on a campout in May to Zion National Park! If this is something your student would be interested in, there is an application process. For more details please click the link below to download the application; it should answer all your questions. Please ask Ms. Adams or Mr. Garcia for more details.
NORTHERN UTAH STEM EXPO – NDPA teachers wanted to make parents aware of the S.T.E.M. (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) event going on at Davis Conference Center this Monday, November 7, from 5:30-7:30 PM. This is a free event, open to grades K-12.
Monday, November 6 – HOME Basketball games VS Ascent Farmington; Girls at 4:00 PM, Boys at 5:00 PM
Tuesday, November 7 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Girls basketball, 3:30; Boys basketball, 4:00 PM; K-6 Choir
Wednesday, November 8 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Spirit Squad, 3:30 PM; K-6 Art
Wednesday, November 8 – Musical Theater/Social Dance/Art Concert, 6:30 PM
Thursday, November 9 – AFTER-SCHOOL: K-6 STEM; Boys & Girls basketball, 3:30 PM
Thursday, November 9 – POET meeting, 6:30 PM
Friday, November 10 – Term 1 end
Friday, November 10 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Spirit Squad, 1:30 PM; Girls basketball, 1:30 PM; Boys basketball, 3:30 PM
Saturday, November 11 – Science Olympiad practice 9:00 AM
Saturday, November 11 – Spirit Squad, 11:00 AM
Monday, November 13 – Begin Term 2
Monday, November 13 – HOME Basketball games VS Ogden Prep; Girls at 5:00 PM, Boys at 6:00 PM
Tuesday, November 14 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Girls basketball, 3:30; Boys basketball, 4:00 PM; K-6 Choir
Wednesday, November 15 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Spirit Squad, 3:30 PM; K-6 Art
Wednesday, November 15 – AWAY Basketball game VS Legacy Prep (2214 S 1250 W, Woods Cross), Girls at 5:00 PM, Boys at 6:00 PM
Wednesday, November 15 – 6th grade program, 6:30 PM
Thursday, November 16 – 6th grade field trip, The Leonardo, 8:10 AM at the Clearfield Frontrunner Station, retunr to Clearfield Frontrunner Station at 3:37 PM.
Thursday, November 16 – AFTER-SCHOOL: K-6 STEM; Boys & Girls basketball, 3:30 PM, Jr. High Book Club
Friday, November 17 – Report cards posted to Aspire
Friday, November 17 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Spirit Squad, 1:30 PM; Girls basketball, 1:30 PM; Boys basketball, 3:30 PM
Friday, November 17 – 7th-9th Night Games, hosted by Student Government, 6:30-9:30 PM, Jr. High parking lot
Saturday, November 18 – Spirit Squad, 7:00 AM
Saturday, November 18 – POET Barnes & Noble Day, 10:00 AM-5:00 PM
MARK YOUR CALENDARS:
- Thanksgiving Break – Wednesday, November 22-Friday, November 24
ANNUAL CALENDAR: http://northdavisprep.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/2017-2018-Calendar-BOARD-APPROVED-2-01-17-NDPA-1.pdf
NDPA ALERTS: Text “@k-4alerts” or “@5-9alerts” to 81010. If you have trouble using 81010, text (385) 218-6887.
MARQUEE GREETINGS: http://signup.com/go/3yryKw
NDPA ON FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/northdavisprep/
POET ON INSTAGRAM: poet_ndpa
BOX TOPS: http://www.boxtops4education.com/bonusapp