EARLY OUT MONDAY, OCTOBER 16-WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 18
NO SCHOOL – THURSDAY, OCTOBER 19-FRIDAY, OCTOBER 20
IN THIS EDITION:
- K-6 Parent Teacher Conference Open House
- Scholastic Book Fair during PTC
- Hoodies coming next week!
- 7th-9th Halloween Dance
- After-School Activities – K-6 S.T.E.M. and Choir
- Volunteer Opportunities – Art Auction Chair Needed, Book Fair
- NDPA: In the News
- Upcoming Events
- Annual Calendar & Quick Links
K-6 PARENT TEACHER CONFERENCE OPEN HOUSE – Conferences for parents of students in grades K-6 are invited to join with their students in attending our Parent Teacher Conference open house on Monday, October 16, anytime between 1:30-7:00 PM. If you would like to make an appointment to meet, please contact your child’s teacher.
SCHOLASTIC BOOK FAIR – Mark your calendars, the Scholastic Fall Book fair is coming up.
- October 16th 11-7:30
- October 17th 11-7:30
- October 18th 11-4:30
Stop by and see us in the Elementary Gym!
HOODIES COMING NEXT WEEK – It’s Hoodie Season! The 2017 NDPA hoodies celebrate our school’s partnership with Spain! Look for the Spanish flag inspired crest, crown, lion, and Latin inscription encouraging students to go “further beyond” in their love of learning. You will find Hoodie samples, pricing, and ordering information in the foyer of each building after school starting Monday, October 16. We will be doing online orders this year; the deadline to order hoodies is Friday, October 25. Be sure to try them on before ordering as there will be NO exchanges for incorrect sizes or colors. These hoodies are approved for students to wear in class on any school day, making them great gifts for your kids…Happy Hoodie Holidays! Have questions? Email Kristen Tate at email@example.com.
(both zip and pullover versions available with the same logo placement)
7th-9th HALLOWEEN DANCE – Calling all ghouls and goblins! The junior high Halloween Dance will be Friday, October 27 from 1:30-3:00 PM in the junior high gym. Bring your costumes to school, we cannot wear them to class (sadly). Please make sure costumes meet the basic dress requirements of the school– closed toe/heel shoes, bodies fully covered, etc. If you have a concern about a costume, ask early OR bring a backup plan if your costume doesn’t meet requirements. Katie Anderson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
K-6 AFTER SCHOOL S.T.E.M. – Come join us after school for STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) activities in the elementary library. Activities will include making and launching rockets, creating catapults, geo-domes, and many more hands-on projects. Each week will be filled with activities that are active, interesting, and relevant to students.
- Who can come: All students K-6
- Cost: $35 for 6 weeks, please make checks payable to POET
- Dates: Thursdays…October 26, November 2, 9, 16, 30, December 7
- Time: 3:00-4:00 PM
- Sign-up: Ongoing at the POET desk in the Elementary Building
- Place payment in POET box in either building
K-6 AFTER-SCHOOL CHOIR – Sign-up for AFTER-SCHOOL K-6 CHOIR! Choir will be held Tuesday from 3-4 p.m. in the Elementary Gym. Cost $15.
- Practice Dates: October 3, 10, 24, 31 (skip Oct. 17 for PTC). November 7, 14, 21 & 28.
- Performance Dates: Barnes and Noble-November 18 and December 4 @ 6:30 PM for friends and family.
- Students will learn fun Polar Express songs like “Hot Chocolate,” “When Christmas Comes to Town,” and Rockin’ On Top of the World.” Other favorites: “Little Drummer Boy,” “Santa Clause is Coming to Town” and “Silent Night.”
- Students can also perform solos and in small groups. We love to have 5th and 6th grade students showcase their talents by performing songs they help select.
Sign-up at the POET Desks and put your payment in the POET box. Make checks to POET.
VOLUNTEER! You may have noticed that we are not using signup.com this year. POET will be using the new RAPTOR system that the school will have for Checking In/Out. Until that is available, we are collecting volunteers the old fashioned way! Look for the volunteer form at the POET desk. There are lots of opportunities to volunteer, so watch Facebook for announcements.
- ART AUCTION CHAIR NEEDED – POET is seeking to fill a board member position as chair of the Art Auction. The primary responsibilities: coordinate the public relations and marketing of the art auction, support the committee heads for the donations, art projects, show your love for art and decorating groups and serve as an active member of the POET board. Estimated time commitment is 20 hours a month during the months of February-April. Estimated time commitment from October-January is 5 hours a month. For more details, contact Diana Dearden at email@example.com.
Information about NDPA’s Annual Art Auction: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FK_5VSAm6TE
BOOK FAIR VOLUNTEERS NEEDED – Looking to get your volunteer hours in early this year? Contact Jennifer at firstname.lastname@example.org today to volunteer to help at the Scholastic Book Fair. Days available: Friday, October 13th, for setup & Monday through Wednesday, October 16th-18th.
- Times available:
Friday October 13th- 1:30pm- Setting up the book fair for the next week.
Monday October 16th. 10:30- 1:00 (setup); 1:00-4:30; 4:30-8pm (end of day clean up)
Tuesday October 17th. 10:30- 1:00 (setup); 1:00-4:30; 4:30-8pm (end of day clean up)
Wednesday October 18th. 10:30-1:00 (setup); 1:00-4:00; 4pm-til done (take down and clean up)
Send your preferences to Jennifer at email@example.com to get signed up!
NDPA: IN THE NEWS – Our school’s Red Cross donations received some media attention. Read all about it here: http://www.davisclipper.com/view/full_story/27490359/article-Academy-presents-check-to-Red-Cross-to-help-with-disaster-relief?instance=lead_story
Monday, October 16-Wednesday, October 18 – EARLY OUT DAYS, K-6 out of school at 1:00 PM, 7-9 out at 1:10
Monday, October 16-Wednesday, October 18 – Scholastic Book Fair, elementary gym
Monday, October 16 – K-6 Parent Teacher Conference open house, 1:30-7:00 PM, 7th-9th by appointment
Monday, October 16 – Flu Shot Clinic, 2:00-5:00 PM, elementary gym
Tuesday, October 17 – K-9 Parent Teacher Conferences by appointment
Tuesday, October 17 – Flu Shot Clinic, 2:00-5:00 PM, elementary gym
Tuesday, October 17 – Spain 2018 Parent Meeting, 6:30 PM – Parents of students of all grades invited
Wednesday, October 18 – K-9 Parent Teacher Conferences by appointment
Thursday, October 19-Friday, October 20 – NO SCHOOL – FALL BREAK
Saturday, October 21 – Spirit Squad, 7:00 AM
Monday, October 23 – 7th grade Fitness Field Trip: Pickleball, 8:30-11:30 AM
Monday, October 23 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Girls basketball, 3:30 PM; Boys basketball 4:00 PM
Tuesday, October 24 – School Photo Make-up Day
Tuesday, October 24 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Boys basketball, 3:30; Girls basketball, 4:00 PM; K-6 Choir
Wednesday, October 25 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Boys basketball, 4:15 PM, Girls basketball, 5:00 PM; Spirit Squad, 3:30 PM; K-6 Art
Thursday, October 26 – AFTER-SCHOOL: K-6 STEM; Boys & Girls basketball, 3:30 PM
Friday, October 27 – Jr. High Halloween Dance, 1:30-3:00 PM
Saturday, October 28 – Spirit Squad, 7:00 AM
MARK YOUR CALENDARS:
- LEO Night at Pizza Pie Cafe, Thursday, November 2
ANNUAL CALENDAR: http://northdavisprep.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/2017-2018-Calendar-BOARD-APPROVED-2-01-17-NDPA-1.pdf
NDPA ALERTS: Text “@k-4alerts” or “@5-9alerts” to 81010. If you have trouble using 81010, text (385) 218-6887.
MARQUEE GREETINGS: http://signup.com/go/3yryKw
NDPA ON FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/northdavisprep/
POET ON INSTAGRAM: poet_ndpa
BOX TOPS: http://www.boxtops4education.com/bonusapp