IN THIS EDITION:
- NDPA Fun Run – volunteers still needed
- LEO Night @ Chick-fil-A, Monday, September 11
- 5th-9th grades Hurricane Help Fundraiser
- Order K-6 & Jr. High Yearbooks
- New Teachers from Spain Seeking Furnishings
- POET: Marquee Greetings, After School Activities,
- Volunteer Opportunities – Pride Week, Library, At home opportunity
NDPA FUN RUN VOLUNTEERS NEEDED – Like to help with the Fun Run? We need your help to make it a fun time for everyone. Please sign up with the following links:
- SHIRT PREP – Friday, September 15 at 1:15 PM in the Elementary Gym: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1J-KVnZYCxFQmcqjhlLzejVdOQ2KYYsCsnA4P69a4IP0/edit?usp=sharing
- HELPING AT THE FUN RUN, Monday, September 18, various times available: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nr-ENLnxkzRc38I1p5Yfrakmc4sDeAdWlJDyCdjwk8c/edit?usp=sharing
- 9th GRADE ZOMBIES and 3 PARENT HELPERS NEEDED, Monday, September 18, 5:30 PM at the Elementary parking lot. 9th Graders: It’s a zombie run! Spooky! I need you to dress up in your best zombie duds and help out on the course. Make scary noises, scare runners as they pass by, zombie-creep along the course (in a safe manner), and otherwise, be a scary zombie. Absolutely NO contact is to be made with any person on the course and NO unzombielike chasing of people is allowed (zombies DON’T run, so neither should you). Please keep make-up and actions to a family-friendly zombie level. 3 parents to be at the Elementary Parking Lot at 5:30 PM to check the zombies for appropriate costumes and course assignments. Find the sign up list at this link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/129QKupLWG9dU8vq7IC_stSGT6zsqoTdKsjxVkumeKB8/edit?usp=sharing
LEO NIGHT @ CHICK-FIL-A – The first NDPA LEO night of the year will be Monday, September 11 from 5:30-7:30 PM at Chick-Fil-A in Layton. Can’t wait to see you all there!
5th-9th HURRICANE HELP FUNDRAISER – Our lion pride is strong this year so we want to give some strength to those in our country who are in need; particularly to the Hurricane victims in Texas from Hurricane Harvey and in Florida who are in the path of Hurricane Irma. We will be having a competitive fundraiser for this coming week (September 11-15) to see which grade level can raise the most money! Here is the 411:
- Money will be collected by grade level
- Donate during advisory/homeroom or after school to advisory/homeroom teacher
- Collection begins Monday and ends Friday.
- Whichever grade level collects the most money (5-9) gets a free, free dress day!
All money will be given to the Red Cross to help families in need for hurricane relief.
ORDER YEARBOOKS NOW!
Memories that last forever!
Dont forget to order your yearbooks.
Go to www.yearbookordercenter.com
K-6th code 20030
7th-9th code 16104
Any questions? Please contact Emily Longoria firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEW SPANISH TEACHERS SEEKING FURNITURE – We are so lucky to have the opportunity to learn about the Spanish culture from our fabulous teachers from Spain! Some of our new teachers are hoping to get some help furnishing their home, below is a list of things they need. Please contact Carla Amoros, email@example.com, or Alba Fornells, firstname.lastname@example.org, if you can help.
- 4 bed frames
- 4 mattresses
- Chairs (4-6)
- Stools (4)
- Kitchen items
- Snow shovel or machine
- Anything else you think they might need!
AFTER SCHOOL ACTIVITIES
- Mighty Kicks Soccer-YOU CAN STILL JOIN!
Mighty Kicks was delayed because of the poor air quality, so you can still join.
Tuesdays, September, 12, 19, 26 and October 3.
$40 for 4 sessions
NDPA Elementary Playground (please have your student come here after-school)
Ages 5-8 years.(we know the students are young, if they are not on the playground, we will look for them at carpool or contact you.)
Register on-line only: http://www.mightykicksnorthslc.net/davis-preparatory-academy.cfm
Soccer is very popular at NDPA, this is a great way to learn skills without having to commit to a whole soccer season. Watch this video to learn about Mighty Kicks. https://vimeo.com/152877348
- After-School Art Sign-up
ONE DAY ONLY, Wednesday, September 20, 8:15 AM-9:00 AM
Art is very popular, so please plan ahead. If you personally can’t come at 8:15 AM, send $ with your carpool or arrange with a friend to have them sign up your student.
Classes will be 6 Sessions: Wednesday, October 4, 11 (skip Oct 18 for PTC), 25, & November 1, 8, 15.
3:00-4:00 PM in the Elementary Gym
Cost is $40 – Checks made payable to POET.
MARQUEE GREETINGS ARE BACK! Want to wish your child a Happy Birthday, 1/2 Birthday, or congratulate them for an accomplishment? Now you can see their name on the new NDPA Marquee. The cost for each posting is $10, for each day you want it posted. Payments can be made online at http://signup.com/go/3yryKw or you can drop cash/check in the POET Box at either building. If you pay at the POET box, email Jennifer, email@example.com. All marquee requests need to be made seven days prior to when you want it posted on the marquee.
Please list your child’s name (exactly how you want it on the banner), date it needs to be posted, and which graphic you want. You will receive a confirmation email from firstname.lastname@example.org.
VOLUNTEER! You may have noticed that we are not using signup.com this year. POET will be using the new RAPTOR system that the school will have for Checking In/Out. Until that is available, we are collecting volunteers the old fashioned way! Look for the volunteer form at the POET desk. There are lots of opportunities to volunteer, so watch Facebook for announcements.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR PRIDE WEEK – Hey Parents! I am Mikell Peck, the co-chair of Health and Safety on NDPA’s POET board. PRIDE week is coming up! This year the theme for PRIDE week is R.O.A.R.- Respect, Ownership, Achievement, Responsibility. It is scheduled to start on Monday, September 18th and will go through Friday, September 22nd.
We are looking for some volunteers to help with our activities during the elementary school lunches. We will need 3 to 5 volunteers each day from about 10:30am to 1:00 PM.
There are various activities planned for each day. Some will be indoors and some will be outdoors. Volunteers will help set up, assist students with the pre-planned activity and then help take down and put away any supplies used.
Please let me know if you are available for a full or partial time slot and what days work for you. This is a great way to get some volunteer hours!
Thank you so much for all you do to support our school to make it a great place for our kids!
K-4 LIBRARY HELP – Mrs. Zost is looking for weekly volunteers in the K-4 library to assist students during library classes and to also shelve materials. If you are able to volunteer on a weekly basis at any of the following times, please contact Mrs. Zost at email@example.com . Thank you!
- Wednesdays – 8:30-9:30, 9:30-10:30
- Thursdays – 10:00-10:30
ART AUCTION AT HOME HELP – We are looking for volunteers for the Donations Committee for the 2018 Art Auction. We need help getting donations for the silent auction portion of the art auction. Its a great way to get volunteer hours and to do it from home by contacting businesses via phone or email. It’s very easy and we have a letter that you can send to the businesses for their donations. I even have a script that you can follow to ask for donations! Please email Isabel with questions at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be holding a meeting in the next few weeks.
- For more information about NDPA’s Annual Art Auction (our main school fundraiser), click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FK_5VSAm6TE
STAY INFORMED: follow us on Instagram at poet_ndpa and Facebook at North Davis Preparatory Academy.
“Box Tops for Education” are a great way to donate to our school. There is now an app that gives awesome money to NDPA. All you have to do is follow this link http://www.boxtops4education.com/bonusapp and then scan your receipts after you shop.
Monday, September 11 – LEO Night at Chick-fil-A, 5:30-7:30 PM
Monday, September 11 – AWAY Volleyball game @ Ogden Prep
Tuesday, September 12 – AFTER SCHOOL: Volleyball Practice, K-4 Mighty Kicks
Tuesday, September 12 – AWAY XCountry meet @ AAF
Wednesday, September 13 – AFTER SCHOOL: Spirit Squad
Wednesday, September 13 – HOME Volleyball game
Thursday, September 14 – AFTER SCHOOL: Volleyball Practice, K-4 Zumba
Thursday, September 14 – AFTER SCHOOL: Volleyball Practice, K-4 Zumba
Thursday, September 14 – HOME XCountry meet
Thursday, September 14 – POET Board meeting, 6:30 PM
Friday, September 15 – AFTER SCHOOL: Spirit Squad, Science Olympiad tryouts
Saturday, September 16 – Volleyball practice, 9:00 AM
Monday, September 18 – NDPA
FUN ZOMBIE RUN
Monday, September 18 – AFTER SCHOOL: Volleyball Practice
Tuesday, September 19 – AFTER SCHOOL: Volleyball Practice, K-4 Mighty Kicks
Tuesday, September 19 – AWAY XCountry meet @ AAF
Wednesday, September 20 – AFTER SCHOOL: Spirit Squad, Jr. High Book Club
Wednesday, September 20 – Volleyball game vs Legacy Prep
Thursday, September 21 – AFTER SCHOOL: Volleyball Practice, K-4 Zumba
Thursday, September 21 – AWAY XCountry meet vs Quest Academy
Thursday, September 21 – Polar Plunge Planning Meeting
Friday, September 22 – AFTER SCHOOL: Spirit Squad, Science Olympiad tryouts
Saturday, September 23 – Volleyball practice, 9:00 AM
ANNUAL Calendar: http://northdavisprep.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/2016-2017CalendarNDPA.pdf
NDPA ALERTS via REMIND.COM: Text “@k-4alerts” or “@5-9alerts” to 81010. If you have trouble using 81010, text (385) 218-6887.