IN THIS EDITION:
- NDPA Fun Run – deadline to register this Thursday!
- Fun Run Volunteers: 9th grade ZOMBIES Needed
- LEO Night Changed to Monday, September 11
- Order K-6 & Jr. High Yearbooks
- Standard Response Protocol
- Join NDPA Alerts
- POET: After School Activities, Volunteer Opportunities, Instagram, and Box Tops
- Help Wanted: Volleyball Coach
- XCountry Wins First Meet!
NDPA FUN RUN – NDPA 7th Annual Lion Pride Fun Run – ZOMBIE RUN!!!
- DATE: Monday, September 18, 2017 at the NDPA Jr. High parking lot. Check-in: 5:30-6:00 PM, run starts at 6:15 PM
- PARKING: On Hill Field, NDPA Elementary, Ellison Elementary, or Ellison Park.
- RACES: There will be a 1 mile course and a 5K course.
- COST: $10 per runner. Immediate Family rate: 4 runners/$35, each additional runner, $10.
Register at https://events.regtix.com/ndpa.htm – This site will close promptly at midnight on Thursday, September 7. No orders will be accepted after this time.
Join us as we chase some family friendly zombies (or will they chase us?) on our 1 mile and 5K course.
NDPA FUN RUN VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
Like to help with the Fun Run? We need your help to make it a fun time for everyone. Please sign up with the following links:
- Shirt Prep – Friday, September 15 at 1:15 PM in the Elementary Gym: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1J-KVnZYCxFQmcqjhlLzejVdOQ2KYYsCsnA4P69a4IP0/edit?usp=sharing
- Helping at the FUN RUN, Monday, September 18, various times available: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nr-ENLnxkzRc38I1p5Yfrakmc4sDeAdWlJDyCdjwk8c/edit?usp=sharing
- 40 9th GRADE ZOMBIES and 3 PARENT HELPERS NEEDED, Monday, September 18, 5:30 PM at the Elementary parking lot. 9th Graders: It’s a zombie run! Spooky! I need you to dress up in your best zombie duds and help out on the course. Make scary noises, scare runners as they pass by, zombie-creep along the course (in a safe manner), and otherwise, be a scary zombie. Absolutely NO contact is to be made with any person on the course and NO unzombielike chasing of people is allowed (zombies DON’T run, so neither should you). Please keep make-up and actions to a family-friendly zombie level. 3 parents to be at the Elementary Parking Lot at 5:30 PM to check the zombies for appropriate costumes and course assignments. Find the sign up list at this link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/129QKupLWG9dU8vq7IC_stSGT6zsqoTdKsjxVkumeKB8/edit?usp=sharing
LEO NIGHT DATE CHANGE – The first NDPA LEO night has been changed to Monday, September 11 from 5:30-7:30 PM at the Chick-Fil-A in Layton. Can’t wait to see you all there!
ORDER YEARBOOKS NOW!
Memories that last forever!
Dont forget to order your yearbooks.
Go to www.yearbookordercenter.com
- K-6th code 20030
- 7th-9th code 16104
Any questions? Please contact Emily Longoria email@example.com.
STANDARD RESPONSE PROTOCOL – NDPA will now be using Standard Response Protocol for emergency situations. Please review the following documents for more information.
- SRP guidelines: http://northdavisprep.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/SRP.pdf
- En Español: http://northdavisprep.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/SRP-Spanish.pdf
JOIN NDPA ALERTS to receive important school messages – Be in the know by signing up for NDPA Alerts through remind.com! Text “@k-4alerts” or “@5-9alerts” to 81010. If you have trouble using 81010, try texting to (385) 218-6887.
AFTER SCHOOL ACTIVITIES
- Mighty Kicks Soccer
$40 for 4 sessions
Tuesdays, September 5, 12, 19,26
NDPA Elementary Playground
Ages 5-8 years.
Register on-line only: http://www.mightykicksnorthslc.net/davis-preparatory-academy.cfm
Soccer is very popular at NDPA, this is a great way to learn skills without having to commit to a whole soccer season. Watch this video to learn about Mighty Kicks. https://vimeo.com/152877348
- After-School Zumba!
$10 for 5 sessions
Thursday, September 7, 14, 21, 28 & October 5-
Sign-up at the POET desk, put payment in POET box.
VOLUNTEER! You may have noticed that we are not using signup.com this year. POET will be using the new RAPTOR system that the school will have for Checking In/Out. Until that is available, we are collecting volunteers the old fashioned way! Look for the volunteer form at the POET desk. There are lots of opportunities to volunteer, so watch Facebook for announcements.
K-4 LIBRARY HELP – Mrs. Zost is looking for weekly volunteers in the K-4 library to assist students during library classes and to also shelve materials. If you are able to volunteer on a weekly basis at any of the following times, please contact Mrs. Zost at firstname.lastname@example.org . Thank you!
- Mondays, 8:30-9:30 or 9:30-10:30
- Wednesdays, 8:30-9:30 or 9:30-10:30
- Thursdays, 10:00-10:30 or 1:30-3:00
ART AUCTION AT HOME HELP – We are looking for volunteers for the Donations Committee for the 2018 Art Auction. We need help getting donations for the silent auction portion of the art auction. Its a great way to get volunteer hours and to do it from home by contacting businesses via phone or email. It’s very easy and we have a letter that you can send to the businesses for their donations. I even have a script that you can follow to ask for donations! Please email Isabel with questions at: email@example.com. We will be holding a meeting in the next few weeks.
STAY INFORMED: follow us on Instagram at poet_ndpa and Facebook at North Davis Preparatory Academy.
“Box Tops for Education” are a great way to donate to our school. There is now an app that gives awesome money to NDPA. All you have to do is follow this link http://www.boxtops4education.com/bonusapp and then scan your receipts after you shop.
HELP WANTED @ NDPA
NDPA is now accepting applications for a Jr. High Volleyball Coach for the 2017-18 school year.
- Closing date: Open until filled
- Approximately 20 hours a week during volleyball season.
- Minimum qualifications: experience in coaching, communicate well and have a positive attitude. Candidate must also submit for and pass a background check in accordance with Utah’s Department of Public Safety requirements.
- Interested and qualified candidates should submit a resume to Lorie Cherone at firstname.lastname@example.org.
North Davis Preparatory Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
XCOUNTRY WINS FIRST MEET! Both teams won! Los Leones ROAR was heard across the course. They ran in West Valley against American Preparatory Academy and Vanguard Academy.
- The boys team took 1st! It was a fight to the finish but they outmatched Vangard by a 2pt margin (2pts is very close in XC).
- The girls rocked 1st place and swept their race.
NDPA will host its first home meet September 7 at Jensen Nature Center in Syracuse. Boys race starts at 4:30 PM with girls race immediately after. Please come out and support our NDPA team!
Monday, September 4 – Labor Day – NO SCHOOL
Monday, September 4 – AFTER SCHOOL: Volleyball Practice
Tuesday, September 5 – AFTER SCHOOL: Volleyball Practice, K-4 Mighty Kicks
Wednesday, September 6 – AFTER SCHOOL: Spirit Squad
Thursday, September 7 – Last day to register for the FUN RUN
Thursday, September 7 – AFTER SCHOOL: Volleyball Practice, K-4 Zumba
Thursday, September 7 – Community Council, 3:30 PM
Thursday, September 7 – XCountry HOME meet, Jensen Park, 3176 South Bluff Road, Syracuse
Friday, September 8 – AFTER SCHOOL: Spirit Squad
Saturday, September 9 – Volleyball practice, 9:00 AM
Monday, September 11 – LEO Night at Chick-fil-A, 5:30-7:30 PM
Monday, September 11 – AWAY Volleyball game @ Ogden Prep
Tuesday, September 12 – AFTER SCHOOL: Volleyball Practice, K-4 Mighty Kicks
Tuesday, September 12 – AWAY XCountry meet @ AAF
Wednesday, September 13 – AFTER SCHOOL: Spirit Squad
Wednesday, September 13 – HOME Volleyball game
Thursday, September 14 – AFTER SCHOOL: Volleyball Practice, K-4 Zumba
Thursday, September 14 – AFTER SCHOOL: Volleyball Practice, K-4 Zumba
Thursday, September 14 – HOME XCountry meet
Friday, September 15 – Jr. High Water/Fizz Day, 1:30-3:00 PM
Friday, September 15 – AFTER SCHOOL: Spirit Squad, Science Olympiad tryouts
Saturday, September 16 – Volleyball practice, 9:00 AM