IN THIS EDITION:
- K-6 (and Jr. High makeup) Picture Day is THIS Thursday, August 31
- Order K-6 & Jr. High Yearbooks
- Dollar Dress Day THIS FRIDAY! Donate for the Whole Year for only $9.00
- NDPA Fun Run
- Join NDPA Alerts
- Notes and Updates from POET
PICTURE DAY THIS THURSDAY, AUGUST 31! You can order pictures in advance at https://inter-state.com/FlyerEntry, use NDPA school code 18450RA. Students should wear regular NDPA uniform dress for pictures.
DOLLAR DRESS DAY THIS FRIDAY – Our first Dollar Dress day is coming up THIS Friday, September 1. Click one of the links below to donate for your student’s entire year of Dollar Dress days (only $9) in advance or you can pay in the front office!
ORDER YEARBOOKS NOW!
Memories that last forever!
Dont forget to order your yearbooks.
Go to www.yearbookordercenter.com
- Elementary code 20030
- Jr. High code 16104
Any questions? Please contact Emily Longoria firstname.lastname@example.org.
JOIN NDPA ALERTS to receive important school messages – Be in the know by signing up for NDPA Alerts through remind.com! Text “@k-4alerts” or “@5-9alerts” to 81010. If you have trouble using 81010, try texting to (385) 218-6887.
NDPA FUN RUN – NDPA 7th Annual Lion Pride Fun Run – ZOMBIE RUN!!!
- DATE: Monday, September 18, 2017 at the NDPA Jr. High parking lot. Check-in: 5:30-6:00 PM, run starts at 6:15 PM
- PARKING: On Hill Field, NDPA Elementary, Ellison Elementary, or Ellison Park.
- RACES: There will be a 1 mile course and a 5K course.
- COST: $10 per runner. Immediate Family rate: 4 runners/$35, each additional runner, $10.
Register at https://events.regtix.com/ndpa.htm – This site will close promptly at midnight on Thursday, September 7. No orders will be accepted after this time.
Join us as we chase some family friendly zombies (or will they chase us?) on our 1 mile and 5K course.
NDPA FUN RUN VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
Like to help with the Fun Run? We need your help to make it a fun time for everyone. Please sign up with the following links:
- Shirt Prep – Friday, September 15 at 1:15 PM in the Elementary Gym: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1J-KVnZYCxFQmcqjhlLzejVdOQ2KYYsCsnA4P69a4IP0/edit?usp=sharing
- Helping at the FUN RUN, Monday, September 18, various times available: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nr-ENLnxkzRc38I1p5Yfrakmc4sDeAdWlJDyCdjwk8c/edit?usp=sharing
- 40 9th GRADE ZOMBIES and 3 PARENT HELPERS NEEDED, Monday, September 18, 5:30 PM at the Elementary parking lot. 9th Graders: It’s a zombie run! Spooky! I need you to dress up in your best zombie duds and help out on the course. Make scary noises, scare runners as they pass by, zombie-creep along the course (in a safe manner), and otherwise, be a scary zombie. Absolutely NO contact is to be made with any person on the course and NO unzombielike chasing of people is allowed (zombies DON’T run, so neither should you). Please keep make-up and actions to a family-friendly zombie level. 3 parents to be at the Elementary Parking Lot at 5:30 PM to check the zombies for appropriate costumes and course assignments. Find the sign up list at this link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/129QKupLWG9dU8vq7IC_stSGT6zsqoTdKsjxVkumeKB8/edit?usp=sharing
VOLUNTEER! You may have noticed that we are not using signup.com this year. POET will be using the new RAPTOR system that the school will have for Checking In/Out. Until that is available, we are collecting volunteers the old fashioned way! Look for the volunteer form at the POET desk. There are lots of opportunities to volunteer, so watch Facebook for announcements.
NDPA Logo Backpacks, water bottles, lanyards, pencils and more! You can always purchase these “school store” supplies at the Jr. High Office.
Have you seen this banner in the Elementary Building???
Safety at school is always a priority! You can be the solution! Please take time to review the drop off/pick up guidelines at http://northdavisprep.org/?page_id=235
A few highlights: During drop off/pick up there is NO turning left into the elementary parking and NO left turns out of the Jr High. The maps at the link above show the flow of traffic for these times. Thanks for keeping our kids safe and add your signature to the parent safety pledge.
Stay Informed: follow us on Instagram at poet_ndpa and Facebook at North Davis Preparatory Academy.
“Box Tops for Education” are a great way to donate to our school. There is now an app that gives awesome money to NDPA. All you have to do is follow this link http://www.boxtops4education.com/bonusapp and then scan your receipts after you shop.
FLAG TEAM – We are looking for a team of parents (4-5) to be trained to put up the American and Spanish flags for the special events at the school. This is 3-4 times a year. They are put up early in the morning and taken down after school. Having a truck is helpful. Please contact email@example.com if you can join this team.
This could be you!
Monday, August 28 – AFTER SCHOOL: Volleyball Practice
Tuesday, August 29 – AFTER SCHOOL: Volleyball Practice
Wednesday, August 30 – AFTER SCHOOL: Spirit Squad
Thursday, August 31 – PICTURE DAY
Thursday, August 31 – AFTER SCHOOL: Volleyball Practice
Thursday, August 31 – Cross Country 1st Meet vs American Prep Academy
Friday, September 1 – Dollar Dress Day
Friday, September 1 – AFTER SCHOOL: Spirit Squad
Monday, September 4 – Labor Day – NO SCHOOL
Monday, September 4 – AFTER SCHOOL: Volleyball Practice, K-4 Mighty Kicks
Tuesday, September 5 – AFTER SCHOOL: Volleyball Practice
Wednesday, September 6 – AFTER SCHOOL: Spirit Squad
Thursday, September 7 – Last day to register for the FUN RUN
Thursday, September 7 – AFTER SCHOOL: Volleyball Practice, K-4 Zumba
Thursday, September 7 – Cross Country Meet
Friday, September 8 – Jr. High Water/Fizz Day, 1:30-3:00 PM
Friday, September 8 – AFTER SCHOOL: Spirit Squad
Saturday, September 9 – LEO Night at Chick-fil-A, 5:30-7:30 PM