IN THIS EDITION:
- Immersion Application link now open
- LEO Night @ Chick-Fil-A, Wednesday, May 3
- NDPA Presents: Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
- Spirit Fridays
- ALL library books due by May 5!
- Kindergarten Lunch: Thursday, May 11
- Check your student lunch account
- Volunteers Needed
- Get those Volunteer Hours Logged
- Upcoming Events
- Annual calendars and Marquee Greetings
2017-18 IMMERSION APPLICATION LINK NOW OPEN – The NDPA Spanish Immersion program is available to students attending grades 1-6. This selection process allows currently enrolled Exposure students to apply for a Spanish Immersion opening, starting in the 2017-2018 school year. Each student interested in the immersion program must submit a separate application. The first round of applicants will be notified by email on May 22, 2017. Ongoing acceptance will be as openings in Immersion become available.
To apply for Immersion for the 2017-18 school year, go to this link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/RCV6L9S. The application process will close Friday, May 12.
Note: If your student is already in our Immersion Program, you need not reapply. They will continue in the Immersion Program each year.
LEO NIGHT @ CHICK-FIL-A – LEO NIGHT HAS CHANGED! The date will now be WEDNESDAY, May 3, 2017, at Chick-Fil-A in Layton, on Antelope Drive. Stop by Chick-Fil-A in Layton between 7:00-9:00 AM and then that evening from 5:30-7:30 PM. Be sure to let them know that you are there for NDPA. We will have some special guests that night…the fabulous NDPA administrative team will help serve your meals! You don’t want to miss out on this awesome opportunity to see Mr. Robinson, Mr. Fernandez, and Mrs. Billings working the counter at Chick-Fil-A. It’s going to be so cool!
NDPA PRESENTS: JOSEPH AND THE AMAZING TECHNICOLOR DREAMCOAT – Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat Musical general admission tickets can be purchased for $5 at the box office right before each show. Showtimes are Thursday, May 4 & Friday, May 5 at 7:00 PM and Saturday, May 6 at 2:00 PM & 7:00 PM.
- May 5- Dollar Dress Day: You know what they say, “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”. As regularly scheduled, this will be a dollar dress day. Bring a dollar, wear anything within the approved dollar dress standards. If you’ve already paid for the year, you’re set.
- May 12- Celebrity Day: Come dressed as your favorite celebrity! Carry a stuffed animal in a handbag, do your hair in outrageous styles, bust our your best animal prints– the possibilities are endless. Again, please make sure that students are fully covered, even if you have to put a shirt or leggings underneath an outfit.
- May 19- Single Color Day: Every year we have a color day, but we usually pick the color. This year, YOU pick the color. Do you own a lot of purple? Wear it all today! Are you a fan of chartreuse? Today’s your day to shine (literally). Your goal is simply to wear as much of one color as you can.
ALL LIBRARY BOOKS DUE BY MAY 5 – The final date for all library materials to be returned is Friday, May 5, 2017. The following week, both offices will send billing statements to parents whose students have not returned items. Please return all library materials on time!
KINDERGARTEN LUNCH: THURSDAY, MAY 11 – We know change can sometimes make you a little nervous and we want you to be prepared for a great lunch. Come join us in the lunchroom to see what it’s like! Parents are welcome to join their kindergarten student on that day. Click here to download a kinder lunch participation form: http://northdavisprep.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/kinder-lunch-letter-2017-1.pdf.
- Wednesday, May 10 – come with your class to see where you will eat, hear how to go through the line, and meet the friendly lunch staff.
- THURSDAY, MAY 11 – EAT in the Lion’s Den Café so you’ll be ready for next year.
CHECK YOUR STUDENT LUNCH ACCOUNT – It’s getting close! This time of year can get very busy with all that is going on. If you would like one less thing to worry about, now would be a great time to check your student’s account and pay to the end of the year.
- Full pay students 7-9 grade $ 48.00
- Full pay students k-6 grade $40.00
- Reduced lunch all grades $8.00
Please check your child’s lunch accounts and make sure they are not negative. Please watch for the Lion’s Den Cafeteria survey next week. We hope you enjoy your meals. Have a great weekend.
- ELEMENTARY SPIRIT FRIDAYS – Spirit Fridays are fun activities for the elementary kids to do during lunch recess (see above for themes). We need volunteers to help during these fun times. Please click on the following link and sign up: http://signup.com/go/tZMUJr. Thank you for all of your volunteer time.
- JR. HIGH SPIRIT FRIDAYS are a great way to get those volunteer hours before the end of the school year! Sign up to help with lunchtime activities at http://signup.com/go/P2ditU.
- Elementary Field Day – Calling all parents! We need you! Elementary Field Day is approaching fast and we are looking for volunteers to help make this year a great success! This year’s field day is Monday, May 22.We are looking for volunteers from 9:00 AM-3:30 PM. Several slots are available and shift times vary. Looking for volunteers to assist with activity stations, crossing guards, bathroom monitors and set up help the night before. We are also in need of generators. Click here to sign up now: http://signup.com/go/D2NxgJ!
- Junior High Field Day volunteers still needed – May 22nd from 11:00 AM-3:00 PM. Come join us for a day of fun in the sun with the Jr. High students! Sign up at http://signup.com/go/xMqSoZ.
- Popcorn Donations Needed: We are looking for Popcorn donations for Field Day. We need enough popcorn for 300 students. If you have a popcorn machine or have connections to a theater that is willing to donate, please call or text Nushean Lowder (714) 396-9844 or Junko Crago (801) 390-2570 to make arrangements. Thank you!
GET THOSE VOLUNTEER HOURS LOGGED – As the school year ends, many parents are working on getting all their hours logged.
- When using the Generic Hour signup to log hours: http://signup.com/go/sMqAqz you will need to put in each hour as one spot. That signup uses a counter system, so 30 spots equals 30 hours.
- There is a tutorial about how to input hours and save your comments here: https://magic.piktochart.com/output/15418689-ndpa-hours
- If you volunteered in the classroom, at an activity, or any school event with a SignUp.com link, those hours are tracked in the system automatically, but not totaled on the generic hour page.
- You can get a report of all your personal volunteer hours, including generic and classroom/event hours by following this link: https://signuphelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/204730390-How-do-I-get-a-report-of-my-personal-volunteer-hours-service-record- and a report will be emailed to you.
- If you need help inputting your hours, or making sense of what you’ve got, contact Rebecca Miner at NDPAVolunteerCoordinator@gmail.com
Monday, May 1–Friday, May 5 – TEACHER APPRECIATION WEEK
Monday, May 1 – AFTER-SCHOOL: EcoGeeks
Monday, May 1 – “Joseph” dress rehearsal, 6:00 PM
Tuesday, May 2 – 7th grade Fitness pickleball field trip, 8:30-11:30 AM
Tuesday, May 2 – “Joseph” dress rehearsal, 6:00 PM
Wednesday, May 3 – Student Government Candidate videos due
Wednesday, May 3 – 5th grade field trip, Ogden Megaplex/Treehouse Museum. Meet at Layton Frontrunner Station at 8:30 AM, return to the station about 3:15 PM.
Wednesday, May 3 – AFTER-SCHOOL: FBLA, Bagpipes (4:30-5:15), Cheer (6:00)
Wednesday, May 3 – LEO Night: Chick-fil-a, starts at 6:00 PM
Wednesday, May 3 – “Joseph” dress rehearsal, 6:00 PM
Thursday, May 4 – Community Council, 3:30 PM
Thursday, May 4 – NDPA Presents: Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, 7:00 PM
Friday, May 5 – Dollar Dress Day
Friday, May 5 – School libraries closed for the year
Friday, May 5 – 7th grade field trip to DATC, 9:30-11:30 AM
Friday, May 5 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Music Club, EcoGeeks, LA Honors Discussion Group
Friday, May 5 – NDPA Presents: Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, 7:00 PM
Saturday, May 6 – NDPA Presents: Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, matinee 2:00 PM, evening performance 7:00 PM
Monday, May 8-Friday, May 12 – Student Government Campaign Week
Monday, May 8 – 2018 Spain Study Abroad commitment forms due
Monday, May 8 – AFTER-SCHOOL: EcoGeeks
Wednesday, May 10 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Techno Club, Bagpipes (4:30-5:15), Cheer (6:00)
Wednesday, May 10 – POET meeting, 6:30 PM
Thursday, May 11 – Kindergarten lunch, AM classes 10:15, PM classes 12:30
Thursday, May 11 – Faculty vs Student volleyball game, 4:00-5:00 PM
Friday, May 12 – Immersion applications CLOSE
Friday, May 12 – Spirit Friday: Celebrity Day
Friday, May 12 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Music Club, EcoGeeks
Friday, May 12 – “Joseph” cast party, 7:00 PM
Saturday, May 13 – Volleyball open-gym, 10:00 AM
Saturday, May 13 – Jr. High Spring Dance, 7:00-9:00 PM
Current school year 2016-17 calendar: http://northdavisprep.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/2016-2017CalendarNDPA.pdf
NEXT 2017-18 SCHOOL YEAR calendar: http://northdavisprep.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/2017-2018-Calendar-BOARD-APPROVED-2-01-17-NDPA-1.pdf
NDPA Marquee Greetings: http://northdavisprep.org/?page_id=5854