IN THIS EDITION:
- NDPA Presents: Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
- Spirit Fridays
- Turn in those library books!
- After-School Activities
- Volunteers Needed
- How many volunteer hours have I logged?
- Upcoming Events
- Annual calendars and Marquee Greetings
NDPA PRESENTS: JOSEPH AND THE AMAZING TECHNICOLOR DREAMCOAT – Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat Musical general admission tickets can be purchased for $5 at the box office right before each show. Showtimes are Thursday, May 4 & Friday, May 5 at 7:00 PM and Saturday, May 6 at 2:00 PM & 7:00 PM.
SPIRIT FRIDAYS – Due to the busyness of spring, we no longer have spirit WEEK, we have spirit FRIDAYS! See below to find the themes for each Friday and come in your crazy wear:
- April 28- Disney Day: Bust out your best princess dress, slap on some Mickey ears, or wear a Star Wars t-shirt. As long as it’s Disney, it’s legit today. Reminder that masks are not allowed as part of a school safety issue, but you could wear them on your head/forehead.
- May 5- Dollar Dress Day: You know what they say, “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”. As regularly scheduled, this will be a dollar dress day. Bring a dollar, wear anything within the approved dollar dress standards. If you’ve already paid for the year, you’re set.
- May 12- Celebrity Day: Come dressed as your favorite celebrity! Carry a stuffed animal in a handbag, do your hair in outrageous styles, bust our your best animal prints– the possibilities are endless. Again, please make sure that students are fully covered, even if you have to put a shirt or leggings underneath an outfit.
- May 19- Single Color Day: Every year we have a color day, but we usually pick the color. This year, YOU pick the color. Do you own a lot of purple? Wear it all today! Are you a fan of chartreuse? Today’s your day to shine (literally). Your goal is simply to wear as much of one color as you can.
TURN IN THOSE LIBRARY BOOKS – The library in each building will close on Friday, May 5. Be sure to turn in your library books before that date to avoid fines!
- ELEMENTARY SPIRIT FRIDAYS – Spirit Fridays are fun activities for the elemntary kids to do during lunch recess (see above for themes). We need volunteers to help us during these fun times. Please click on the following link and sign up: http://signup.com/go/tZMUJr. Thank you for all of your volunteer time.
- JR. HIGH SPIRIT FRIDAYS are starting April 28th. This is a great way to get those volunteer hours before the end of the school year! Sign up to help with lunchtime activities at http://signup.com/go/P2ditU.
- Elementary Field Day – Calling all parents! We need you! Elementary Field Day is approaching fast and we are looking for volunteers to help make this year a great success! This year’s field day is Monday, May 22.We are looking for volunteers from 9:00 AM-3:30 PM. Several slots are available and shift times vary. Looking for volunteers to assist with activity stations, crossing guards, bathroom monitors and set up help the night before. We are also in need of generators. Click here to sign up now: http://signup.com/go/D2NxgJ!
- Junior High Field Day volunteers still needed – May 22nd from 11:00 AM-3:00 PM. Come join us for a day of fun in the sun with the Jr. High students! Sign up at http://signup.com/go/xMqSoZ.
- Popcorn Donations Needed: We are looking for Popcorn donations for Field Day. We need enough popcorn for 300 students. If you have a popcorn machine or have connections to a theater that is willing to donate, please call or text Nushean Lowder (714) 396-9844 or Junko Crago (801) 390-2570 to make arrangements. Thank you!
HOW MANY VOLUNTEER HOURS HAVE I LOGGED? – Wondering how many volunteer hours you have recorded so far? You can run a report of your hours by following these instructions: How do I get a report of my personal volunteer hours / service record (https://signuphelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/204730390-How-do-I-get-a-report-of-my-personal-volunteer-hours-service-record-)
If you need help or have questions about logging your hours, contact Rebecca Miner at NDPAVolunteerCoordinator@gmail.com. We still need lots of volunteers for Spirit Fridays, Field Day, and other various class programs and activities. Thanks for all the volunteering you do. We have great parents.
Monday, April 24 – NDPA 2017-18 registration forms emailed
Monday, April 24 – AFTER-SCHOOL: EcoGeeks, Soccer
Monday, April 24 – HOME Soccer game, Ellison park, field #6, 6:00 PM
Monday, April 24 – “Joseph” dress rehearsal, 6:00 PM
Tuesday, April 25 – 2nd grade field trip, Museum of Natural Curiosity, 9:00 AM-3:00 PM
Tuesday, April 25 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Soccer
Tuesday, April 25 – “Joseph” dress rehearsal, 6:00 PM
Tuesday, April 25 – Student Government Parent Meeting, 6:30 PM
Wednesday, April 26 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Soccer, Techno Club, Bagpipes (4:30-5:15), Cheer (6:00)
Wednesday, April 26 – “Joseph” dress rehearsal, 6:00 PM
Thursday, April 27 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Soccer
Thursday, April 27 – HOME Soccer game at Ellison Park, field #6, 4:30 PM
Thursday, April 27 – “Joseph” dress rehearsal, 6:00 PM
Friday, April 28 – Immersion applications open
Friday, April 28 – Spirit Friday: Disney Day
Friday, April 28 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Music Club, EcoGeeks
Friday, April 28 – “Joseph” dress rehearsal, 6:00 PM
Saturday, April 29 – “Joseph” rehearsal, 9:00 AM
Saturday, April 29 – Volleyball open-gym, 10:00 AM
Monday, May 1–Friday, May 5 – TEACHER APPECIATION WEEK
Monday, May 1 – AFTER-SCHOOL: EcoGeeks
Monday, May 1 – “Joseph” dress rehearsal, 6:00 PM
Tuesday, May 2 – “Joseph” dress rehearsal, 6:00 PM
Wednesday, May 3 – Student Government Candidate videos due
Wednesday, May 3 – 5th grade field trip, Ogden Megaplex/Treehouse Museum. Meet at Layton Frontrunner Station at 8:30 AM, return to the station about 3:15 PM.
Wednesday, May 3 – AFTER-SCHOOL: FBLA, Bagpipes (4:30-5:15), Cheer (6:00)
Wednesday, May 3 – “Joseph” dress rehearsal, 6:00 PM
Thursday, May 4 – Community Council, 3:30 PM
Thursday, May 4 – NDPA Presents: Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, 7:00 PM
Friday, May 5 – Dollar Dress Day
Friday, May 5 – School libraries closed for the year
Friday, May 5 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Music Club, EcoGeeks
Friday, May 5 – NDPA Presents: Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, 7:00 PM
Saturday, April 22 – NDPA Presents: Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, matinee 2:00 PM, evening performance 7:00 PM
- Current school year 2016-17 calendar: http://northdavisprep.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/2016-2017CalendarNDPA.pdf
- NEXT 2017-18 SCHOOL YEAR calendar, click here: http://northdavisprep.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/2017-2018-Calendar-BOARD-APPROVED-2-01-17-NDPA-1.pdf
- NDPA Marquee Greetings: http://northdavisprep.org/?page_id=5854