IN THIS EDITION:
- 8th Grade Reality Town Field Trip – THIS MONDAY, April 17
- NDPA Presents: Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
- How many volunteer hours have I logged?
- Spirit Fridays
- Spain 2018 Study Abroad meeting
- Turn in those library books!
- After-School Activities
- Volunteers Needed
- NDPA student took 1st at Weber State Spelling Bee!
- NDPA 6th Graders Conquer the 2017 Imagine Learning Limerick Contest!
- Upcoming Events
- Annual calendars and Marquee Greetings
8TH GRADE REALITY TOWN FIELD TRIP to Discovery Gateway April 17th.
- Meeting at Clearfield Frontrunner station at 8am will return to Clearfield station at 2:35pm.
- Permission slips should have been turned in by April 14th.
- If students are not eating a school lunch, make sure to pack a lunch.
- School uniform required or best dress.
NDPA PRESENTS: JOSEPH AND THE AMAZING TECHNICOLOR DREAMCOAT – Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat Musical general admission tickets can be purchased for $5 at the box office right before each show. Showtimes are Thursday, May 4 & Friday, May 5 at 7:00 PM and Saturday, May 6 at 2:00 PM & 7:00 PM.
HOW MANY VOLUNTEER HOURS HAVE I LOGGED? – Wondering how many volunteer hours you have recorded so far? You can run a report of your hours by following these instructions: How do I get a report of my personal volunteer hours / service record (https://signuphelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/204730390-How-do-I-get-a-report-of-my-personal-volunteer-hours-service-record-)
If you need help or have questions about logging your hours, contact Rebecca Miner at NDPAVolunteerCoordinator@gmail.com. We still need lots of volunteers for Spirit Fridays, Field Day, and other various class programs and activities. Thanks for all the volunteering you do. We have great parents.
SPIRIT FRIDAYS – Due to the busyness of spring, we no longer have spirit WEEK, we have spirit FRIDAYS! See below to find the themes for each Friday and come in your crazy wear:
- April 21- Sports Day: Wear the gear for a sport you love or a favorite team’s jersey. Please make sure all students are fully covered, even if you have to adjust the “gear” for the day.
- April 28- Disney Day: Bust out your best princess dress, slap on some Mickey ears, or wear a Star Wars t-shirt. As long as it’s Disney, it’s legit today. Reminder that masks are not allowed as part of a school safety issue, but you could wear them on your head/forehead.
- May 5- Dollar Dress Day: You know what they say, “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”. As regularly scheduled, this will be a dollar dress day. Bring a dollar, wear anything within the approved dollar dress standards. If you’ve already paid for the year, you’re set.
- May 12- Celebrity Day: Come dressed as your favorite celebrity! Carry a stuffed animal in a handbag, do your hair in outrageous styles, bust our your best animal prints– the possibilities are endless. Again, please make sure that students are fully covered, even if you have to put a shirt or leggings underneath an outfit.
- May 19- Single Color Day: Every year we have a color day, but we usually pick the color. This year, YOU pick the color. Do you own a lot of purple? Wear it all today! Are you a fan of chartreuse? Today’s your day to shine (literally). Your goal is simply to wear as much of one color as you can.
SPAIN 2018 STUDY ABROAD MEETING – We will be holding our first 2018 Spain Study Abroad Trip meeting on:
Tuesday, April 18th
Jr. High Gymnasium
All Students and parents who are seeking more information of the NDPA Spain Study Abroad Trips are invited to attend; especially current 8th Grade students wishing to go to Spain next year.
Agenda items include:
- Purpose and expectations
- How to apply for a scholarship
- Polar Plunge
It is never too early to start planning for the trip! Please encourage your students to attend.
TURN IN THOSE LIBRARY BOOKS – The library in each building will close on Friday, May 5. Be sure to turn in your library books before that date to avoid fines!
- Spirit Fridays are starting April 28th. This is a great way to get those volunteer hours before the end of the school year! Sign up to help with lunchtime activities at http://signup.com/go/P2ditU.
- Junior High Field Day volunteers still needed – May 22nd from 11:00 AM-3:00 PM. Come join us for a day of fun in the sun with the Jr. High students! Sign up at http://signup.com/go/xMqSoZ.
- Popcorn Donations Needed: We are looking for Popcorn donations for Field Day. We need enough popcorn for 300 students. If you have a popcorn machine or have connections to a theater that is willing to donate, please call or text Nushean Lowder (714) 396-9844 or Junko Crago (801) 390-2570 to make arrangements. Thank you!
NDPA STUDENT TAKES 1st AT WEBER STATE SPELLING BEE! – Monday, April 10, three NDPA student participated in the Weber State Spelling Bee. This is the third year we have participated in this event and, once again, we did AMAZING…winning 1st place for the third year in a row. Daniel S. (6th grade) did great for his 1st time, Savanna C. (7th grade) earned 4th place and Lauren C. (8th grade), for the second year in a row, won 1st! A huge thank you to teachers Laura Arbeloa, Ana Raquel Galan, and Malusa Vazquez for training these students – we appreciate the extra time they spent to prepare them.
NDPA 6TH GRADERS CONQUER THE 2017 IMAGINE LEARNING LIMERICK CONTEST! – Give a high-five and congratulate our sixth graders who won first, second, and third place prizes, plus both honorable mentions in the 2017 Imagine Learning “My Favorite Subject” limerick contest!
- 1st place: Emily N.
- 2nd place: Saydee N.
- 3rd place: Brie C.
- Honorable mention: Audrey B.
- Honorable mention: Connor J.
Monday, April 17 – 8th grad “BizTown,” meet at Layton Frontrunner Station at 8:30 AM, return at 2:00 PM
Monday, April 17 – AFTER-SCHOOL: EcoGeeks, “Joseph” rehearsal, Soccer
Tuesday, April 18 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Soccer
Tuesday, April 18 – 2018 Spain Study Abroad meeting, 6:30 PM
Wednesday, April 19 – AFTER-SCHOOL: “Joseph” rehearsal, Art, Soccer, FBLA, Bagpipes (4:30-5:15), Cheer (6:00)
Thursday, April 20 – BYU Language Fair
Thursday, April 20 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Soccer, K-2nd Leadership class, Jr. High Book Club
Thursday, April 20 – HOME Soccer game at Ellison Park, field #6, 4:30 PM
Friday, April 21 – Student Government Candidacy Applications Due
Friday, April 21 – Spirit Friday: Sports Day
Friday, April 21 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Science Olympiad, Music Club, EcoGeeks, “Joseph” rehearsal, Dance, Cheer (3:30), 5th-6th Leadership class
Saturday, April 22 – Science Olympiad practice, 9:00 AM
Saturday, April 22 – Volleyball open-gym, 10:00 AM
Monday, April 24 – NDPA 2017-18 registration forms emailed
Monday, April 24 – AFTER-SCHOOL: EcoGeeks, Soccer
Monday, April 24 – HOME Soccer game, Ellison park, field #6, 6:00 PM
Monday, April 24 – “Joseph” dress rehearsal, 6:00 PM
Tuesday, April 25 – 2nd grade field trip, Museum of Natural Curiosity, 9:00 AM-3:00 PM
Tuesday, April 25 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Soccer
Tuesday, April 25 – “Joseph” dress rehearsal, 6:00 PM
Tuesday, April 25 – Student Government Parent Meeting, 6:30 PM
Wednesday, April 26 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Art, Soccer, Techno Club, Bagpipes (4:30-5:15), Cheer (6:00)
Wednesday, April 26 – “Joseph” dress rehearsal, 6:00 PM
Thursday, April 27 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Soccer
Thursday, April 27 – HOME Soccer game at Ellison Park, field #6, 4:30 PM
Thursday, April 27 – “Joseph” dress rehearsal, 6:00 PM
Friday, April 28 – Immersion applications open
Friday, April 28 – Spirit Friday: Disney Day
Friday, April 28 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Music Club, EcoGeeks
Friday, April 28 – “Joseph” dress rehearsal, 6:00 PM
Saturday, April 29 – “Joseph” rehearsal, 9:00 AM
Saturday, April 29 – Volleyball open-gym, 10:00 AM
Current school year 2016-17 calendar: http://northdavisprep.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/2016-2017CalendarNDPA.pdf
NEXT 2017-18 SCHOOL YEAR calendar, click here: http://northdavisprep.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/2017-2018-Calendar-BOARD-APPROVED-2-01-17-NDPA-1.pdf
NDPA Marquee Greetings: http://northdavisprep.org/?page_id=5854