NO SCHOOL NEXT WEEK – SPRING BREAK – Monday, April 3-Friday, April 7
IN THIS EDITION:
- L.E.O. Night at Zupas – Tuesday, April 11
- NDPA Presents: Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat ticket sales begin April 11
- Jr. High Spirit Squad Tryouts
- Jr. High Yearbook Photos Wanted
- Turn in those library books!
- After-School Activities
- PARENTS! Help Wanted: Substitute Teachers
- NDPA took 1st place at UVU Language Fair!
- Upcoming Events
- Annual calendars and Marquee Greetings
L.E.O. NIGHT AT CAFE ZUPAS – Have you been waiting for the next LEO night? Well your wait is over! The next LEO Night will be Tuesday, April 11th, 5:00-9:00 PM at the Layton Zupas Restaurant. Grab your family, grab your friends, grab your neighbors and come enjoy some yummy food!
NDPA PRESENTS: JOSEPH AND THE AMAZING TECHNICOLOR DREAMCOAT – Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat Musical reserved seating will be on sale Tuesday, April 11th at 8:00 AM through April 14th at 3:00 PM, in the Jr. High office. Reserved seating is on a first come, first served basis. Payment is due at the time of order. Reserved seating tickets will be available at Will Call 30 minutes before each show.
To download the ticket order form, click here: http://northdavisprep.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Joseph-Tickets.pdf
JR. HIGH SPIRIT SQUAD TRYOUTS – Spirit Squad applications are in the Jr. High front office. These are due no later than Tuesday April 11th. Spirit Squad Clinics are mandatory so you can learn the Cheers and Dances for tryouts!
- Spirit Squad Tryout Clinic dates:
Tuesday April 11th: 3:30-5:30 (Jr. High Gym)
Thursday April 13th: 3:30-5:30 (Jr. High Gym)
- Spirit Squad Tryouts:
Friday April 14th: 1:30-4:00 (Elementary gym)
JR. HIGH YEARBOOK PHOTOS WANTED – Attention Jr. High Students & Parents: We are looking for the following pictures to add to this year’s Jr. High Yearbook. Please submit photos by April 3rd!
- Fun Run/5K
- Night Games
- Spain Trip
- Above & Beyond Activities-such as…*Eagle Scout Awards…*Freshman/HS Sports Participation
Submit your photos by going to hjeshare.com, School Code-ndpajuniorhigh.
Questions/Concerns? Eilyn Vavricka email@example.com
TURN IN THOSE LIBRARY BOOKS – The library in each building will close on Friday, May 5. Be sure to turn in your library books before that date to avoid fines!
- 1st-4th Grade AFTER-SCHOOL BASKETBALL SKILLS – Monday 3:00-4:00 p.m. in the elementary gym. Dates are: April 10, 17, 24, and May 1. Cost is $25. Sign-up at the Elementary POET Desk. Make checks to POET and put in silver POET box.
- MIGHTY KICKS is excited to return to NDPA for the spring!
Sessions will begin on April 11th thru May 2nd from 3-4 pm. Cost is $35. Register online at www.mightykicksnorthslc.net
For additional information about the program please contact Andrew: 801-923-4641 Andrew@mightykicks.net
PARENTS! HELP WANTED – Have you thought about Substitute Teaching?
Substitute Teachers Needed: Interested in joining NDPA’s substitute teaching roster? We are always looking for substitute teachers to fill in as needed. We find our parents have been our very best substitute teachers!
- Part time; as needed basis. Days school is in session.
- Paid hourly rate, $9.00–$11.00, based on education level.
- Candidates are required to complete a LiveScan Fingerprint and Electronic Background Check in accordance with Utah State Law.
- Candidates with experience working with children are strongly encouraged to apply. Send resume to Lorie Cherone at firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online at http://northdavisprep.org/?page_id=35.
NDPA TOOK FIRST AT UVU LANGUAGE FAIR – 6th grade teacher, Mr. Alarcon, says it best:
“It was a pleasure to be there and watch them through the whole contest. Last year [we] did not make a single podium in any of the competitions, so at the beginning of the year we all make the commitment that this time we were not going to “just take part” we were going to “take over” and we truly did it. It really was and expression of team work [with the other teachers and helpers]…
The kids are the ones who should take the whole credit for it, I saw them practicing again and again until they got ‘amazing work,’ paying attention to details, overcoming their fears and growing as individuals, helping and supporting each other to solve problems together, and identifying and using their unique skills and talents to achieve their goals…..
It was amazing to see how impress the organizers were with our kids, I heard them talking about how well dressed they were, about how well they behave and about how well they have prepared all contest in every grade level…
There was a feeling of school pride that was overwhelming and I am thankful to have the opportunity to be a little part of it.
The explosion of happiness that the kids had when they announce that we were the winners it is something that I will remember for the rest of my life.”
Monday, April 3-Friday, April 7 – SPRING BREAK – NO SCHOOL
Monday, April 10 – AFTER-SCHOOL: EcoGeeks, “Joseph” rehearsal, Soccer
Tuesday, April 11 – Spirit Squad Tryout Clinic, 3:30-5:00 PM
Tuesday, April 11 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Soccer
Wednesday, April 12 – Kindergarten Roundup, last names A-L, 9:00 AM; last names M-Z, 1:30 PM
Wednesday, April 12 – AFTER-SCHOOL: “Joseph” rehearsal, Art, Soccer, Techno Club, Bagpipes (4:30-5:15), Cheer (6:00)
Wednesday, April 12 – POET Board meeting, 6:30 PM
Thursday, April 13 – Spirit Squad Tryout Clinic, 3:30-5:00 PM
Thursday, April 13 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Science Olympiad, Soccer, K-2nd Leadership class
Friday, April 14 – Dollar Dress Day
Friday, April 14 – 6th grade field trip
Friday, April 14 – Spirit Squad Tryouts
Friday, April 14 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Science Olympiad, Music Club, EcoGeeks, “Joseph” rehearsal, Dance, Cheer (3:30), 5th-6th Leadership class
Saturday, April 15 – Science Olympiad State Meet, 6:30 AM
Saturday, April 15 – Volleyball open-gym, 10:00 AM
- Current school year 2016-17 calendar: http://northdavisprep.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/2016-2017CalendarNDPA.pdf
- NEXT 2017-18 SCHOOL YEAR calendar, click here: http://northdavisprep.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/2017-2018-Calendar-BOARD-APPROVED-2-01-17-NDPA-1.pdf
- NDPA Marquee Greetings: http://northdavisprep.org/?page_id=5854