IN THIS EDITION:
- After-School Activities: Leadership Classes, 1st-4th Basketball Skills, Mighty Kicks
- FINAL weeks for K-6 Yearbook Sales
- Now accepting applications for the 2017-18 POET Board
- PARENTS! Help Wanted: Substitute Teachers
- Jr. High Book Club T-shirts – purchase yours at the office!
- Thank you to our Art Auction sponsors!
- Upcoming Events
- Annual calendars and Marquee Greetings
- Calling all K-2nd graders! “LIONS ARE LEADERS” After-School Class. Enjoy activities that build character, develop leadership, and teach goal setting. Classes held Thursday 3:00-4:00 p.m.in the elementary library on March 23, 30, and April 13 & 20. Sign-up at the elementary POET desk. Cost is $5. Make checks to POET and put payment in the silver POET box.
- 5th and 6th Graders – “DEVELOP YOUR LION ROAR” After-School class. Participate in activities to develop public speaking and leadership. Classes held Friday 1:00-2:00 p.m. in the Jr. High Library on March 24, 31, and April 14 and 21. Sign-up at the Jr. High POET desk. Cost is $5. Make checks to POET and put payment in the POET box.
- 1st-4th Grade AFTER-SCHOOL BASKETBALL SKILLS – Monday 3:00-4:00 p.m. in the elementary gym. Dates are: April 10, 17, 24, and May 1. Cost is $25. Sign-up at the Elementary POET Desk. Make checks to POET and put in silver POET box.
- MIGHTY KICKS is excited to return to NDPA for the spring!
Sessions will begin on April 11th thru May 2nd from 3-4 pm. Cost is $35. Register online at www.mightykicksnorthslc.net
For additional information about the program please contact Andrew: 801-923-4641 Andrew@mightykicks.net
YEARBOOK – Last few weeks for FINAL Yearbook Sales!
2016-17 Yearbooks on Sale until Friday, March 24
FINAL DEADLINE for ALL YEARBOOK ORDERS!
Go to yearbookordercenter.com or call 866-287-3096
- K-6 School Code: 20030
- Jr. High Code: 16104
**NO YEARBOOKS WILL BE SOLD ON LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!
Questions/Concerns-Shelly Madsen firstname.lastname@example.org or Audrey Laser email@example.com
- Elementary yearbooks as of 3/17: http://northdavisprep.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/YB-3-17-17.pdf
- Jr. High yearbooks as of 3/5: http://northdavisprep.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/3-5-17-JH-Yearbooks.pdf
2017-18 POET BOARD APPLICATIONS – We need YOU to be “PART OF EVERY THING” (POET)!!!
POET is now recruiting for the 2017-2018 Board.
POET’s purpose is to be the “organizers, fundraisers, facilitators, volunteers, and enthusiastic cheering section at the programs and events that make NDPA unique and strong.”
Available positions vary from 20 hours a week to 5 hours a week; hours vary depending on the position and month of the year.
- Applications can be found at the POET desks or here: http://northdavisprep.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/POETBoardApplication2017-18.pdf
- Please submit your application to the POET box by March 31.
PARENTS! HELP WANTED – Have you thought about Substitute Teaching?
Substitute Teachers Needed: Interested in joining NDPA’s substitute teaching roster? We are always looking for substitute teachers to fill in as needed. We find our parents have been our very best substitute teachers!
- Part time; as needed basis. Days school is in session.
- Paid hourly rate, $9.00–$11.00, based on education level.
- Candidates are required to complete a LiveScan Fingerprint and Electronic Background Check in accordance with Utah State Law.
- Candidates with experience working with children are strongly encouraged to apply. Send resume to Lorie Cherone at firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online at http://northdavisprep.org/?page_id=35.
JR. HIGH BOOK CLUB T-SHIRTS – You can purchase your Jr. High Book Club T-shirt at the office for only $7.50!
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNTY – We are in need of 2 Co-Chairs for Elementary Spirit Fridays. Spirit Fridays are 4 Fridays in a row that we host fun activities during lunch time hours for kids at the elementary school. The 2 Co-Chairs would need to be at the elementary school on April 28th, May 5th, May 12th, May 19th from 10:00 AM to the end of school, you will be helping set up and direct volunteers for the activities.
THANK YOU TO OUR ART AUCTION SPONSORS! Each year for the Art Auction we ask many businesses for donations. Some of those businesses really went above and beyond with their donations. We would like to thank the following businesses for their generous donations to our Art Auction:
- Layton Cycle and Sports
- Lifetime Products
- Newgate Motorsports
- Pier 39, San Francisco
- Hale Centre Theatre
- Quick Quack Car Wash
- Young Automotive Group
- Valley View Granite
- Jet Blue
- Planet beach
- GreenLight Business Solutions, Inc
Monday, March 20 – AFTER-SCHOOL: EcoGeeks, Spirit Squad, “Joseph” rehearsal, Volleyball
Tuesday, March 21 – AFTER-SCHOOL: 5th-6th Basketball skills, Volleyball, Soccer
Wednesday, March 22 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Techno Club, “Joseph” rehearsal, Art, Soccer, Spirit Squad, Bagpipes (4:30-5:15), Cheer (6:00)
Thursday, March 23 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Science Olympiad, Soccer, Volleyball, K-2 Leadership class
Friday, March 24 – AFTER-SCHOOL: 5th-6th Leadership class, Science Olympiad, Music Club, EcoGeeks, “Joseph” rehearsal, Dance, Cheer (3:30)
Saturday, March 25 – Science Olympiad Practice, 10:00 AM
Saturday, March 25 – Volleyball open-gym, 10:00 AM
Monday, MArch 27 – AFTER-SCHOOL: EcoGeeks, Spirit Squad, “Joseph” rehearsal, Volleyball, Soccer
Tuesday, March 28 – AFTER-SCHOOL: 5th-6th Basketball skills, Soccer, Volleyball (4:00 PM)
Wednesday, March 29 – 1st grade field trip to J&J Nursery, Ms. Larson’s homeroom at 9:00 AM & Ms. B’s homeroom at 12:15 PM
Wednesday, March 29 – AFTER-SCHOOL: “Joseph” rehearsal, Art, Soccer, Spirit Squad, Bagpipes (4:30-5:15), Cheer (6:00)
Wednesday, March 29 – NDPA Board meeting, 6:00 PM
Wednesday, March 29 – 5th grade program, 6:30 PM
Thursday, March 30 – 1st grade field trip to J&J Nursery, Ms. Maria’s homeroom at 12:15 PM & Ms. Veronica’s homeroom at 2:00 PM
Thursday, March 30 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Science Olympiad, Soccer, Volleyball, K-2nd Leadership class
Thursday, March 30 – 3rd grade program, 6:30 PM
Friday, March 31 – 5th grade Maturation
Friday, March 31 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Science Olympiad, Music Club, EcoGeeks, “Joseph” rehearsal, Dance, Cheer (3:30), 5th-6th Leadership class
Saturday, April 1 – Volleyball open-gym, 10:00 AM
- Current school year 2016-17 calendar: http://northdavisprep.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/2016-2017CalendarNDPA.pdf
- NEXT 2017-18 SCHOOL YEAR calendar, click here: http://northdavisprep.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/2017-2018-Calendar-BOARD-APPROVED-2-01-17-NDPA-1.pdf
- NDPA Marquee Greetings: http://northdavisprep.org/?page_id=5854