IN THIS EDITION:
- Art Auction TONIGHT!
- After-School Activities: Leadership Classes, 1st-4th Basketball Skills, Mighty Kicks
- FINAL weeks for K-6 Yearbook Sales
- Now accepting applications for the 2017-18 POET Board
- PARENTS! Help Wanted: Substitute Teachers
- Volunteer Opportunities: Spirit Fridays
- Need help logging volunteer hours?
- NDPA Student at Weber State Storytelling Festival
- Upcoming Events
- Annual calendars and Marquee Greetings
ART AUCTION – We’re looking forward to seeing you at the Art Auction tonight at 6:00 PM! Remember, this year we will have a photographer at the Art Auction. Norma Carver Photography (Norma is a NDPA parent) will come and take photos during the event! Prints will be $15 for 2 pictures, 1 picture for $10; cash only. 50% of the proceeds will be donated to the Art Auction. If you have any questions please email Isabel at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your donations during Love for Art week help make the Art Auction student projects possible. This year, we had an awesome reward for the students by dunking Mr. Robinson, Mr. Fernandez, Mrs. Billings, and some of their favorite school staff & teachers for their contributions to the projects!
- Calling all K-2nd graders! “LIONS ARE LEADERS” After-School Class. Enjoy activities that build character, develop leadership, and teach goal setting. Classes held Thursday 3:00-4:00 p.m.in the elementary library on March 23, 30, and April 13 & 20. Sign-up at the elementary POET desk. Cost is $5. Make checks to POET and put payment in the silver POET box.
- 5th and 6th Graders – “DEVELOP YOUR LION ROAR” After-School class. Participate in activities to develop public speaking and leadership. Classes held Friday 1:00-2:00 p.m. in the Jr. High Library on March 24, 31, and April 14 and 21. Sign-up at the Jr. High POET desk. Cost is $5. Make checks to POET and put payment in the POET box.
- 1st-4th Grade AFTER-SCHOOL BASKETBALL SKILLS – Monday 3:00-4:00 p.m. in the elementary gym. Dates are: April 10, 17, 24, and May 1. Cost is $25. Sign-up at the Elementary POET Desk. Make checks to POET and put in silver POET box.
- MIGHTY KICKS is excited to return to NDPA for the spring!
Sessions will begin on April 11th thru May 2nd from 3-4 pm. Cost is $35. Register online at www.mightykicksnorthslc.net
For additional information about the program please contact Andrew: 801-923-4641 Andrew@mightykicks.net
YEARBOOK – Last few weeks for FINAL Yearbook Sales!
2016-17 Yearbooks on Sale until Friday, March 24
FINAL DEADLINE for ALL YEARBOOK ORDERS!
Go to yearbookordercenter.com or call 866-287-3096
- K-6 School Code: 20030
- Jr. High Code: 16104
**NO YEARBOOKS WILL BE SOLD ON LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!
Questions/Concerns-Shelly Madsen email@example.com or Audrey Laser firstname.lastname@example.org
Elementary Yearbook Sales List: http://northdavisprep.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/K-6-YRBK-Sales-March-3.pdf
Jr. High Yearbook Sales List: http://northdavisprep.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/3-5-17-JH-Yearbooks.pdf
2017-18 POET BOARD APPLICATIONS – We need YOU to be “PART OF EVERY THING” (POET)!!!
- POET is now recruiting for the 2017-2018 Board.
- POET’s purpose is to be the “organizers, fundraisers, facilitators, volunteers, and enthusiastic cheering section at the programs and events that make NDPA unique and strong.”
- Available positions vary from 20 hours a week to 5 hours a week; hours vary depending on the position and month of the year.
- Applications can be found at the POET desks or here: http://northdavisprep.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/POETBoardApplication2017-18.pdf
- Please submit your application to the POET box by March 31.
PARENTS! HELP WANTED – Have you thought about Substitute Teaching?
Substitute Teachers Needed: Interested in joining NDPA’s substitute teaching roster? We are always looking for substitute teachers to fill in as needed. We find our parents have been our very best substitute teachers!
- Part time; as needed basis. Days school is in session.
- Paid hourly rate, $9.00–$11.00, based on education level.
- Candidates are required to complete a LiveScan Fingerprint and Electronic Background Check in accordance with Utah State Law.
Candidates with experience working with children are strongly encouraged to apply. Send resume to Lorie Cherone at email@example.com or apply online at http://northdavisprep.org/?page_id=35.
- SPIRIT FRIDAYS – We are in need of 2 Co-Chairs for Elementary Spirit Fridays. Spirit Fridays are 4 Fridays in a row that we host fun activities during lunch time hours for kids at the elementary school. The 2 Co-Chairs would need to be at the elementary school on April 28, May 5th, May 12th, May 19th from 10 AM to the end of school, you will be helping set up and direct volunteers for the activities. This is a great and fun way to get in volunteer hours. Please contact Kasey Grubb- Health and Safety Coordinator @ firstname.lastname@example.org
- FIELD DAY – The school year has been moving fast. We are starting to think about end of the year activities. The Junior High is in need of a Field Day Team Coordinator and Committee Members to plan and execute Field Day on May 22nd. Please sign up at http://signup.com/go/xMqSoZ
NEED HELP WITH VOLUNTEER HOURS? If you need help logging your volunteer hours or finding out how many you’ve logged, please go to the volunteer page on our website: http://northdavisprep.org/?page_id=243 or contact Rebecca Miner, email@example.com.
NDPA STUDENT AT WEBER STATE STORYTELLING FESTIVAL – Last week, 7th grader Angel H., performed in the annual Weber State University Storytelling Festival in Layton. He was selected from a performance he gave in January at Syracuse Arts Academy. His performance was lively and well-received by a room full of elementary kids from around the valley. The national storyteller in the room commended him and even made a connection after the performance. Angel and a handful of junior high students got to experience the storytelling festival for the rest of the day, and they listened to storytellers of all different levels. We’re really proud of Angel’s great work and we’re looking forward to possibly hosting a storytelling event of our own. Stay tuned in the fall!
Monday, MArch 13 – AFTER-SCHOOL: EcoGeeks, “Joseph” rehearsal, Volleyball
Tuesday, March 14-Saturday. March 25 – Spain Study Abroad trip
Tuesday, March 14 – AFTER-SCHOOL: 5th-6th Basketball skills, Soccer, Volleyball (4:00 PM)
Wednesday, March 15 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Art, FBLA, “Joseph” rehearsal, Bagpipes (4:30-5:15), Cheer (6:00)
Thursday, March 16 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Science Olympiad, Jr. High Book Club, Volleyball
Friday, March 17 – UVU Language Fair
Friday, March 3 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Science Olympiad, Music Club, EcoGeeks, “Joseph” rehearsal, Dance, Cheer (3:30)
Saturday, February 4 – Science Olympiad Regionals, TBD
Saturday, February 4 – Volleyball open-gym, 10:00 AM
Monday, March 20 – AFTER-SCHOOL: EcoGeeks, Spirit Squad, “Joseph” rehearsal, Volleyball
Tuesday, March 21 – AFTER-SCHOOL: 5th-6th Basketball skills, Volleyball, Soccer
Wednesday, March 22 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Techno Club, “Joseph” rehearsal, Art, Soccer, Spirit Squad, Bagpipes (4:30-5:15), Cheer (6:00)
Thursday, March 23 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Science Olympiad, Soccer, Volleyball, K-2 Leadership class
Friday, March 24 – AFTER-SCHOOL: 5th-6th Leadership class, Science Olympiad, Music Club, EcoGeeks, “Joseph” rehearsal, Dance, Cheer (3:30)
Saturday, March 25 – Science Olympiad Practice, 10:00 AM
Saturday, March 25 – Volleyball open-gym, 10:00 AM
- Current school year 2016-17 calendar: http://northdavisprep.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/2016-2017CalendarNDPA.pdf
- NEXT 2017-18 SCHOOL YEAR calendar, click here: http://northdavisprep.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/2017-2018-Calendar-BOARD-APPROVED-2-01-17-NDPA-1.pdf
- NDPA Marquee Greetings: http://northdavisprep.org/?page_id=5854