IN THIS EDITION:
- Art Auction Tickets: TODAY IS THE LAST DAY TO ORDER!
- Lost & Found pick up TODAY!
- After-School Activities: 5th & 6th Basketball Skills
- FINAL weeks for K-6 Yearbook Sales
- Volunteer Opportunities: After-School Basketball Skills, Spirit Fridays, & Field Day
- Need help logging volunteer hours?
- Thank you, Rosemary Wells!
- Upcoming Events
- Annual calendars and Marquee Greetings
ART AUCTION TICKETS: TODAY IS THE LAST DAY TO ORDER! – Come enjoy a night “Under the Sea” at NDPA’s 12th Annual Art Auction, Friday, March 10, 6:00 PM, at the Davis Conference Center (1652 North 700 West, Layton). This is our school’s largest annual fundraiser. $25 per ticket includes dinner. Purchase tickets at https://ndpa.regtix.com you can also find order forms at the POET desk. This is an adult only event. Ticket order deadline is March 3rd. Be sure to invite grandparents, alumni, and friends!
PHOTOS AT THE ART AUCTION: This year we will have a photographer at the Art Auction! Norma Carver Photography (Norma is a NDPA parent) will come and take photos during the event; we are so excited to have her be a part of this night! Prints will be $15 for 2 pictures, 1 picture for $10; cash only. 50% of the proceeds will be donated to the Art Auction. If you have any questions please email Isabel at firstname.lastname@example.org
LOST & FOUND PICK UP TODAY – Lost & Found items will be picked up today, Any remaining items in the lost & found areas will be donated. Be sure to come check for your items!
- 5TH AND 6TH GRADERS ONLY!! After-School Basketball Skills class taught by Coach Noal. Tuesdays, 3:00-4:00 PM, March 7, 14, 21, 28, $25. Sign-up at the POET DESK in the Jr. High Building. Make checks to POET and put in the POET drop box. Parent/Guardian must sign waiver that is in the sign-up binder.
Last few weeks for FINAL Yearbook Sales!
2016-17 Elementary Yearbooks on Sale until Friday, March 24
FINAL DEADLINE for ALL YEARBOOK ORDERS!
Go to yearbookordercenter.com or call 866-287-3096
K-6 School Code: 20030
**NO YEARBOOKS WILL BE SOLD ON LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!
Questions/Concerns-Shelly Madsen email@example.com or Audrey Laser firstname.lastname@example.org
***PLEASE Check Yearbook Sales List here: http://northdavisprep.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/K-6-YRBK-Sales-March-3.pdf to make sure your student has purchased a yearbook. If you see your student has a duplicate and didn’t purchase a extra yearbook for your student or a sibling, please contact Yearbook Committee.
- 5th-6th BASKETBALL SKILLS ASSISTANT – We are looking for a parent to assist Coach Noal with the 5th-6th grade Basketball Skills Class. Tuesday 3:00-4:00 PM in the JR. HIGH GYM on March 7, 14, 21 & 28. Contact DIana at email@example.com if you can assist. If you are able to help, your student can participate in the class for free.
- SPIRIT FRIDAYS – We are in need of 2 Co-Chairs for Elementary Spirit Fridays. Spirit Fridays are 4 Fridays in a row that we host fun activities during lunch time hours for kids at the elementary school. The 2 Co-Chairs would need to be at the elementary school on April 28, May 5th, May 12th, May 19th from 10 AM to the end of school, you will be helping set up and direct volunteers for the activities. This is a great and fun way to get in volunteer hours. Please contact Kasey Grubb- Health and Safety Coordinator @ firstname.lastname@example.org
- FIELD DAY – The school year has been moving fast. We are starting to think about end of the year activities. The Junior High is in need of a Field Day Team Coordinator and Committee Members to plan and execute Field Day on May 22nd. Please sign up at http://signup.com/go/xMqSoZ
NEED HELP WITH VOLUNTEER HOURS? If you need help logging your volunteer hours or finding out how many you’ve logged, please go to the volunteer page on our website: http://northdavisprep.org/?page_id=243 or contact Rebecca Miner, email@example.com.
THANK YOU, ROSEMARY WELLS! – A big thank you to Rosemary Wells, who came to teach NDPA students about her art and the importance of reading. We are grateful for the time she took to visit our school. Thanks also to parent volunteers who helped with set-up, lunch, and decor and, especially, Kim Valeika & Erinne Roundy for arranging Ms. Wells’ visit.
Monday, March 6 – AFTER-SCHOOL: EcoGeeks, Future Cheer, “Joseph” rehearsal, Volleyball
Monday, March 6 – Spain 2017 Parent Meeting (mandatory), 6:30 PM
Tuesday, March 7 – AFTER-SCHOOL: 5th-6th Basketball skills, Mighty Kicks, Future Cheer, Volleyball (4:00 PM)
Wednesday, March 8 – FBLA Middle Level State Competition
Wednesday, March 8 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Techno Club, “Joseph” rehearsal, Art, Bagpipes (4:30-5:15), Cheer (6:00)
Wednesday, March 8 – POET meeting 6:30 PM
Thursday, March 9 – 3rd grade field trip (see teacher for details)
Thursday, March 9 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Science Olympiad
Thursday, March 9 – Faculty vs Students Basketball game with Future Cheer performance
Thursday, March 9 – Basketball Banquet
Friday, March 10 – AFTER-SCHOOL: LA Honors Discussion Group, Science Olympiad, Music Club, EcoGeeks, Mock Trial, “Joseph” rehearsal, Dance, Cheer (3:30)
Friday, March 10 – NDPA Annual Art Auction, 6:00 PM
Saturday, March 11 – Science Olympiad Practice, 10:00 AM
Saturday, March 11 – Volleyball open-gym, 10:00 AM
Monday, MArch 13 – AFTER-SCHOOL: EcoGeeks, “Joseph” rehearsal, Volleyball
Tuesday, March 14-Saturday. March 25 – Spain Study Abroad trip
Tuesday, March 14 – AFTER-SCHOOL: 5th-6th Basketball skills, Mighty Kicks, Volleyball (4:00 PM)
Wednesday, March 15 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Art, FBLA, “Joseph” rehearsal, Bagpipes (4:30-5:15), Cheer (6:00)
Thursday, March 16 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Science Olympiad, Jr. High Book Club, Volleyball
Friday, March 17 – UVU Language Fair
Friday, March 3 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Science Olympiad, Music Club, EcoGeeks, “Joseph” rehearsal, Dance, Cheer (3:30)
Saturday, February 4 – Science Olympiad Regionals, TBD
Saturday, February 4 – Volleyball open-gym, 10:00 AM
- Current school year 2016-17 calendar: http://northdavisprep.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/2016-2017CalendarNDPA.pdf
- NEXT 2017-18 SCHOOL YEAR calendar, click here: http://northdavisprep.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/2017-2018-Calendar-BOARD-APPROVED-2-01-17-NDPA-1.pdf
- NDPA Marquee Greetings: http://northdavisprep.org/?page_id=5854