IN THIS EDITION:
- Show Your Love for Art week starts this Monday!
- Scholastic Book Fair during Parent Teacher Conferences
- Book Fair Volunteers Needed
- After-School Activities: Future Cheer, 5th & 6th Basketball Skills
- Turn in your Box Tops!
- K-6th Yearbook Cover Contest
- Art Auction: Looking for a few more decoration donations.
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Need help logging volunteer hours?
- NDPA NEWS: Caroline T. wins 1st place in UFLA poster contest!
- Upcoming Events
- Annual calendars and Marquee Greetings
SHOW YOUR LOVE FOR ART WEEK – Remember how Mr. Robinson kissed a horse last year when we earned $2000?!
This year we are getting even more teachers and faculty involved!
Mr. Robinson, Mr. Fernandez, Mrs. Billings, Miss Misty, Ms. Eva, Miss Laura and Mr. Abbott will be making a splash (on March 3) in a dunk tank if we earn $1500!! And whichever teacher gets the most money in their water jug will be dunked TWICE!
Bring or send your donation to the front desk at either Elementary or Jr. High building (suggested donation is $3 per student), FEBRUARY 13-16 and choose which teacher you would like it to go towards. You may also donate during Parent Teacher conferences.
Show your love for art donations go towards the art supplies needed to complete art projects that will be auctioned off at our annual Art Auction.
THE SCHOLASTIC BOOK FAIR IS COMING!!!
- WHEN: February 14-16
- WHERE: Elementary Gym
- TIMES: Tuesday, February 14, 11:00 AM-4:00 PM – Wednesday, February 15, 11:00 AM-7:30 PM – Thursday, February 16, 11:00 AM-7:30 PM
Come get some great books while you attend Parent Teacher Conferences!
WE NEED A LOT MORE VOLUNTEERS! Come help at the book fair! There’s a wide variety of times to volunteer! Follow the link to sign up- http://signup.com/go/uWjvUU
FUTURE CHEER IS HERE!! For BOYS and GIRLS Ages 3-14 years of age. Fill out the form and return it to the office, with payment, by Monday February 20th, 2017
CLINIC DATES:Monday, March 6th 2017, 3:30-5:30 PMTuesday, March 7th 2017, 3:30-5:30 PMPERFORMANCE:Thursday, March 9th, 2017, 4:00 PM
- To sign up, fill out this form and submit with payment to the office by MOnday, February 20: http://northdavisprep.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/2017FutureCheerFlyer.pdf
5TH AND 6TH GRADERS ONLY!! After-School Basketball Skills class taught by Coach Noal. Tuesdays, 3:00-4:00 PM, March 7, 14, 21, 28, $25. Sign-up at the POET DESK in the Jr. High Building. Make checks to POET and put in the POET drop box. Parent/Guardian must sign waiver that is in the sign-up binder.
TURN IN YOUR BOX TOPS – It’s that time of year again to start turning in those Box Tops you’ve been collecting! You can turn them in at the POET desk in either building.
K-6th YEARBOOK COVER CONTEST
Submit your Black & White drawing, sketch, doodle on PLAIN white(no lined) paper of any size, with NDPA related things, to the POET desk.
**Deadline Extended to Friday, February 24th
Include your Name, Grade & Teacher with your entry!
Questions or Concerns about what to draw?
Contact-Audrey Laser firstname.lastname@example.org or Shelly Madsen email@example.com
ART AUCTION DECORATION DONATIONS WANTED – We still hope to receive a few more things for Art Auction decorations. We would like to have them by Friday, February 24:
- Spray paint (blues, greens, lavender)
- Tea light candles
- Balloons (clear & colored)
- WE NEED A LOT MORE BOOK FAIR VOLUNTEERS! Come help at the book fair! There’s a wide variety of times to volunteer! Follow the link to sign up- http://signup.com/go/uWjvUU
- FIELD DAY – The school year has been moving fast. We are starting to think about end of the year activities. The Junior High is in need of a Field Day Team Coordinator and Committee Members to plan and execute Field Day on May 22nd. Please sign up at http://signup.com/go/xMqSoZ
NEED HELP WITH VOLUNTEER HOURS? If you need help logging your volunteer hours or finding out how many you’ve logged, please go to the volunteer page on our website: http://northdavisprep.org/?page_id=243 or contact Rebecca Miner, firstname.lastname@example.org.
NDPA NEWS: Caroline T. wins 1st place in UFLA poster contest! – Congratuations to Caroline, who won 1st place and the 7th-9th category as well as best poster overall. She won some money for herself and her teacher. Her poster was also featured on the program for the UFLA conference.
Monday, February 13-Thursday, February 16 – LOVE FOR ART WEEK
Monday, February 13 – AFTER-SCHOOL: EcoGeeks, “Joseph” rehearsal
Monday, February 13 – Boys & Girls Basketball AWAY games, 5:00 PM & 6:00 PM @ Spectrum Academy, 665 N. Cutler Dr., North Salt Lake
Tuesday, February 14 – Book Fair, 11:00 AM-4:00 PM
Tuesday, February 14 – 2nd grade “Share the Love” lunch, 12:05 PM
Tuesday, February 14 – Boys & Girls Basketball HOME games, 5:00 PM & 6:00 PM
Wednesday, February 15 – Book Fair, 11:00 AM-7:30 PM
Wednesday, February 15 – EARLY RELEASE, school gets out at 1:00 PM
Wednesday, February 15 – AFTER-SCHOOL: FBLA, “Joseph” rehearsal, Bagpipes (4:30-5:15), Cheer (6:00)
Wednesday, February 15 – Parent Teacher Conferences
Thursday, February 16 – Book Fair, 11:00 AM-7:30 PM
Thursday, February 16 – EARLY RELEASE, school gets out at 1:00 PM
Thursday, February 16 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Basketball, Mock Trial, Jr. High Book Club
Thursday, February 16 – Parent Teacher Conferences
Friday, February 17 – NO SCHOOL
Saturday, February 18 – Volleyball open-gym, 10:00 AM
Monday, February 20 – NO SCHOOL – President’s Day
Tuesday, February 21 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Basketball
Wednesday, February 22 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Techno Club, “Joseph” rehearsal, Bagpipes (4:30-5:15)
Wednesday, February 22 – Girls Basketball AWAY game vs Monticello Academy (2782 Corporate Park Drive, West Valley City), 5:00 PM
Wednesday, February 22 – Music Theater & Social Dance performance, 7:00 PM
Thursday, February 23 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Mock Trial, Basketball
Friday, February 24 – Jr. High Decade Dance, 1:30 PM
Friday, February 24 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Basketball, Science Olympiad, Music Club, EcoGeeks, Mock Trial, “Joseph” rehearsal, Dance, Cheer (3:30)
Saturday, February 25 – Science Olympiad Practice, 10:00 AM
Saturday, February 25 – Volleyball open-gym, 10:00 AM
- Current school year 2016-17 calendar: http://northdavisprep.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/2016-2017CalendarNDPA.pdf
- NEXT 2017-18 SCHOOL YEAR calendar, click here: http://northdavisprep.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/2017-2018-Calendar-BOARD-APPROVED-2-01-17-NDPA-1.pdf
- NDPA Marquee Greetings: http://northdavisprep.org/?page_id=5854