IN THIS EDITION:
- Parent Teacher Conference Scheduler Open Today-Sunday, February 5
- Book Fair is coming!
- NDPA 2017-18 Recommitment
- K-6th Yearbook Cover Contest
- After-School Activities
- Be Informed: Join NDPA Text Alerts/Like us on Facebook
- Don’t forget to sign up for your 9th grade CCR’s
- NDPA Marquee Greetings – Now on the website!
- Art Auction Silent Auction & Decoration Donations Needed
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Need help logging volunteer hours?
PARENT TEACHER CONFERENCE SCHEDULER OPEN – Parent Teacher Conferences are Wednesday, February 15-Thursday, February 16.
- To schedule your appointment, go to https://www.canyoncreeksoftware.com/scheduler/ut/northdavisprep/
- The password is “lions”
THE BOOK FAIR IS COMING!!!
We are hosting a Scholastic Book Fair during Parent Teacher Conference week.
- When: February 13-16, 10:00 AM-7:30 PM
- Where: Elementary gym
Mark your calendars and we hope to see you there!
(Watch for book fair volunteer opportunities through your class captains.)
NDPA 2017-18 RECOMMITMENT – PARENTS: The deadline to declare your intention for the 2017/18 school year is January 31. Your recommitment helps us determine the number of openings we will have available for those who are trying to enroll into NDPA. You can also add siblings, such as new kindergarteners. Please check your inbox for this important email. If you did not receive an email, contact Karyn Baker, email@example.com
K-6th YEARBOOK COVER CONTEST
Submit your Black & White drawing, sketch, doodle on PLAIN white(no lined) paper of any size, with NDPA related things, to the POET desk.
**Deadline Extended to Friday, February 24th
Include your Name, Grade & Teacher with your entry!
Questions or Concerns about what to draw?
Contact-Audrey Laser firstname.lastname@example.org or Shelly Madsen email@example.com
- K-6 ART
After-School Art-Signup ONE TIME ONLY, Wednesday, February 8, 8:20 AM
Cash, Check, and Cards accepted. NO on-line sign-ups.
$40 for 6 weeks.
March 8, 15, 22, 29, April 12, 19. (Skipping April 5 for Spring Break).
Class size is limited, please plan ahead and make arrangements with friends or carpool if you want to sign-up.
BE INFORMED: JOIN NDPA TEXT ALERTS – Be in the know about snow days and other important school information by joining NDPA Text Alerts. Text “@k-4alerts” or “@5-9alerts” to 81010. If you have trouble using 81010, try sending a text to (385) 218-6887.
Remember to “LIKE” North Davis Preparatory Academy on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/northdavisprep/
9th GRADE CCR’S – You can still sign up on Wednesday, February 1 or Wednesday, February 8! Appointment times start at 9:00 AM. If your student is in 9th grade, please sign up to come meet with your student and the Counselor regarding their next step in their high school academic career.
How to schedule your appointment:
- Click this link to see our SignUp on SignUp.com: http://signup.com/go/ENA1Tb
- Review the options listed and choose the spot(s) you like.
- Sign up! It’s Easy – you will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on SignUp.com.
NDPA MARQUEE GREETINGS – NOW ON THE WEBSITE! Go to the website, under the POET section to see samples and how to order your Student Celebrations or Teacher Kudos: http://northdavisprep.org/?page_id=5854.
ART AUCTION SILENT AUCTION & DECORATION DONATIONS NEEDED – Donations Needed from YOU for our Annual Art Auction!
FIRST: If you’ve never been to NDPA’s Annual Art Auction or are new to our school, you should check out this short, informative video! https://youtu.be/aQv0El6bYRY.
SECOND: We need YOUR help! The Art Auction relies on donations to raise money for our school. Do you own a business, work for a company that gives generously, or just want to give? We appreciate and accept it ALL!
Here are just a few ideas:
- Gift Certificates/Cards
- Small business items
- Massage, Dental, Vision Certificates
- Supplies for Art, School, Baby
- Date/Family Night Experiences
- New Toys, Equipment, or other items
- And Much More!
Please drop off all donations at the Elementary front desk between NOW and mid-February. If you have questions or need additional information, contact Isabel Patterson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
THIRD: Decoration donations wanted- Here is a list of some items we hope you can donate to take our Art Auction to the sea! Please put donations in the designated box at the elementary POET desk.
- Cylinder glass vases – larger sizes
- Ivory candles – floating & big enough to fill cylinder vase
- Tin cans #10
- Spray paint – silver, gold, blue, teal, coral
- Starfish – natural colors
- Shells – natural colors
- Glass fish bowls – varying sizes
- Volunteers needed! I am looking for volunteers to make window shades for the classrooms. These can easily be done at home or in the school. We will be making them out of butcher paper, all we have to do is measure and cut them to the right size. I need 2 parents for the Jr. High and 2 parents for the Elementary School Building. Please email Kasey Grubb, Health and Safety POET board member, for more information/if you are able to volunteer email@example.com.
NEED HELP WITH VOLUNTEER HOURS? If you need help logging your volunteer hours or finding out how many you’ve logged, please go to the volunteer page on our website: http://northdavisprep.org/?page_id=243 or contact Rebecca Miner, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monday, January 30 – AFTER-SCHOOL: EcoGeeks, “Joseph” rehearsal, Volleyball open-gym (5:30-7:00 PM)
Monday, January 30 – Boys & Girls Basketball HOME games, 5:00 PM & 6:00 PM
Tuesday, January 31 – 2017-18 School Year Recommitment Deadline
Tuesday, January 31 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Basketball
Wednesday, February 1 – AFTER-SCHOOL: FBLA, “Joseph” rehearsal, Bagpipes (4:30-5:15), Cheer (6:00)
Wednesday, February 1 – Boys & Girls Basketball AWAY games, 5:00 PM & 6:00 PM, American Prep, 1255 W 2590 S, West Valley City
Wednesday, February 1 – NDPA Board meeting, 6:00 PM, elementary library
Thursday, February 2 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Basketball, Zumba, Mock Trial
Thursday, February 2 – Community Council, 3:30 PM, Jr. High library
Thursday, February 2 – NDPA Elementary Information Meeting for potential families, 6:00, 6:30. & 7:00 PM
Thursday, February 2 – NDPA Jump Into Jr. High, 7:00 PM
Friday, February 3 – Dollar Dress Day
Friday, February 3 – AFTER-SCHOOL: LA Honors Discussion Group (1:30-4:00), Basketball, Music Club, EcoGeeks, Dance, “Joseph” rehearsal, Cheer (3:30), Volleyball open gym (5:30)
Saturday, February 4 – Science Olympiad, 9:00 AM
Saturday, February 4 – Volleyball open-gym, 10:00 AM
Monday, February 6 – AFTER-SCHOOL: EcoGeeks, “Joseph” rehearsal, Volleyball open-gym (5:30-7:00 PM)
Monday, February 6 – Boys & Girls Basketball AWAY games, 5:00 PM & 6:00 PM @ Ogden Prep
Tuesday, February 7 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Basketball
Tuesday, February 7 – Spain 2017 Parent Meeting, 6:00 PM
Wednesday, February 8 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Techno Club, “Joseph” rehearsal, Bagpipes (4:30-5:15), Cheer (6:00)
Wednesday, February 8 – Girls Basketball HOME game vs Ascent, 5:00 PM & 6:00 PM
Wednesday, February 8 – POET Meeting, 6:30 PM
Thursday, February 9 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Zumba, Mock Trial
Thursday, February 9 – Boys Basketball HOME game vs APA West Valley, 5:00 PM
Thursday, February 9 – 2nd grade program, 6:00 PM
Friday, February 10 – Jr. High Decade Dance, 1:30 PM
Friday, February 10 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Basketball, Music Club, EcoGeeks, Mock Trial, “Joseph” rehearsal, Dance, Cheer (3:30), Volleyball open gym (5:30)
Saturday, February 11 – Science Olympiad Practice, 9:00 AM
Saturday, February 11 – Volleyball open-gym, 10:00 AM