WINTER BREAK – NO SCHOOL December 19-January 2 – Enjoy your holidays!
IN THIS EDITION:
- Yearbooks – TODAY is the last day to order before the price goes up!
- How to submit your photos to yearbook
- K-6 Yearbook “Doodle” Contest
- Polar Plunge 2017
- Sign up for your 9th grade CCR’s now!
- A Message from the Cafeteria
- NDPA Marquee Greetings – Teacher Kudos now available!
- Art Auction Donations Needed
- After School Zumba
- NDPA L.E.O. (Let’s Eat Out) Night (formerly “Spirit Night”) January 6 at Chuck E. Cheese’s
YEARBOOKS – HURRY!!! TODAY is your last Chance to get your yearbook for $14!
- To order an ELEMENTARY YEARBOOK for $14, go to yearbookordercenter.com or call 866-287-3095 – use school code 20030. After today, the price will go up to $18.
- Go to this link to see if you have ordered an elementary yearbook as of 12/15/16: http://northdavisprep.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/K-6-Yrbk-Sales-Dec-15th.pdf
- To order a JR. HIGH YEARBOOK for $22, go to yearbookordercenter.com or call 866-287-3095 – use school code 16104. After 12/16/16, the price will go up to $26. Go to this link to see if you have ordered a Jr. High yearbook as of 12/14/16: http://northdavisprep.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/JR-HIGH-YRBK-ALL-SALES-dEC-15.pdf
**NO YEARBOOKS WILL BE SOLD THE LAST DAY OF SCHOOL
Questions/Concerns-Shelly Madsen firstname.lastname@example.org or Audrey Laser email@example.com
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR PHOTOS TO YEARBOOK – Do you have pictures that you want to submit for the yearbooks? WE WANT THEM! Download them to hjeshare.com using the following codes:
- Elementary pictures – NDPALions (case sensitive)
- Jr. High pictures – ndpajuniorhigh
Calling ALL K-6 ARTISTS and DOODLE BUGS!!!
Are you always sketching and doodling on your paper and notebooks?
Then Yearbook Cover wants YOU!
This year, for K-6th Grade Yearbooks, we are changing things up…We are looking for 1-20 black & white doodles** on white paper, of any size, with anything you would like to see on the school’s yearbook cover.
**Preferably school-related doodles
Please include: Your Name, grade, and teacher on your submission.
ALL submissions need to be turned into the POET desk box no later than January 27th.
If you have any questions, please contact Shelly Madsen firstname.lastname@example.org or Audrey Laser email@example.com
POLAR PLUNGE – DEADLINE APPROACHING! Pssst…..Have you heard the COOL news? Well here it is: The NDPA Polar Plunge is here again!!! It will be on January 21st, 2017 at Fort Buenaventura in Ogden, Utah. Check-in begins at 9:30 AM; we’ll be plunging shortly after. The Polar Plunge is a school-sponsored fundraising event for any student, in any grade, interested in going to Spain in their 9th grade year. It’s never too early to start earning money for your trip!
- Register at regtix.com: https://events.regtix.com/ndpa.htm?event
- Choose your student-designed, school-approved Polar Plunge shirt size.
- Ask people you know if they’ll sponsor you to jump into the icy cold waters at Fort Buenaventura.
- Get ready for the Polar Plunge by checking out our Polar Plunge Prep Packet: http://northdavisprep.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Polar-plunge-packet.pdf
We’ll see you at the Polar Plunge on January 21st!
If you have a student who is going to Spain or is interested in going in their 9th grade year, please consider helping at the Polar Plunge. We need a few more volunteers! Contact Kim Valeika at firstname.lastname@example.org or Cami Carver at email@example.com if you’d like to help or have questions.
SIGN UP FOR 9th GRADE CCR’S – We’re using SignUp.com to organize our upcoming 9th Grade CCR’s. If your student is in 9th grade please sign up to come meet with your student and the Counselor regarding their next step in their high school academic career.
Here’s how it works in 3 easy steps:
- Click this link to see our SignUp on SignUp.com: http://signup.com/go/ENA1Tb
- Review the options listed and choose the spot(s) you like.
- Sign up! It’s Easy – you will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on SignUp.com.
Note: SignUp.com does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact me and I can sign you up manually.
A MESSAGE FROM THE CAFETERIA – This year we have had menus featuring foods from Tahiti, Thailand, Italy, Mexico, China, and added a few favorites from the USA.
Please send me an email with your top 5 favorite meals; we will have a favorites week in February with the meals that get the top votes – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parents now is a great time to make sure your student has money to get through the rest of the year. Please check your student’s account to make sure they have money to start the new year.
Why have to worry about it? You can pay for the remainder of the school year! 1-6 grades $190.00, 7-9 grades $228.00, reduced $38.00.
NDPA MARQUEE GREETINGS – TEACHER KUDOS – Do you think your child’s teacher is amazing? Do you want to tell them? Now you can! For only $5, parents & students can choose a Teacher Kudos slider to display on the NDPA marquee.
- Go to http://signup.com/go/zLWhzL and choose the slider that you want.
- You will receive an email asking for your teacher’s name and the date that you want it posted…it’s that easy.
If you have any questions, contact Jennifer Nicholson at email@example.com.
You can still get your student celebrations on the marquee for only $10! Go to: http://signup.com/go/3yryKw. All marquee requests need to be made seven days in advance. Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ART AUCTION DONATIONS NEEDED – Donations Needed from YOU for our Annual Art Auction!
FIRST: Never been to NDPA’s Annual Art Auction or are you new to our school? Check out this short, informative video! https://youtu.be/aQv0El6bYRY.
SECOND: We need YOUR help! The Art Auction relies on donations to raise money for our school. Do you own a business, work for a company that gives generously, or just want to give? We appreciate and accept it ALL!
- Here are just a few ideas:
- Gift Certificates/Cards
- Small business items
- Massage, Dental, Vision Certificates
- Supplies for Art, School, Baby
- Date/Family Night Experiences
- New Toys, Equipment, or other items
- And Much More!
Please drop off all donations at the Elementary front desk between NOW and mid-February. If you have questions or need additional information, contact Isabel Patterson at email@example.com.
AFTER SCHOOL ACTIVITIES
- After-School ZUMBA for K-6 grades
Sign-up at the POET Desks beginning December 5.
Thursdays, 3:00-4:00 PM
January 5,12,19,26 and February 2,9.
Cost is $10, put payment in the POET Box.
- BAGPIPE BAND is canceled for the month of December.
NDPA L.E.O. NIGHT – NDPA Spirit Night has been changed to L.E.O. (Let’s Eat Out) Nights (it’s a play on the NDPA mascot Leo the Lion). Please look for signs and announcements letting you know when each LEO Night will be. These are such fun family activities for kids of all ages to get together and hang out outside of school!
- Mark your calendars, the next LEO night will be Friday, January 6, from 3:00-9:00 PM at Chuck E. Cheese’s in Layton!
MONDAY, DECEMBER 19-MONDAY, JANUARY 2 – NO SCHOOL – Winter Break
Monday, January 2 – NO SCHOOL – Last day of Winter Break
Tuesday, January 3 – Free Free Dress Day
Tuesday, January 3 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Basketball
Wednesday, January 4 – AFTER-SCHOOL: FBLA Club, Basketball, Bagpipes (4:30), Cheer (6:00)
Thursday, January 5 – Community Council, 3:30 PM, Jr. High library
Thursday, January 5 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Basketball, Zumba
Friday, January 6 – Dollar Dress Day
Friday, January 6 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Basketball, Music Club, EcoGeeks, Dance, Cheer (3:30), Volleyball open gym (5:30)
Friday, January 6 – LEO Night at Chuck E Cheese, 3:00-9:00 PM
Saturday, January 7 – Cheer practice, 8:00 AM
Saturday, January 7 – Volleyball open-gym, 10:00 AM
Monday, January 9 – AFTER-SCHOOL: EcoGeeks, Basketball, Volleyball open-gym (5:30-7:00 PM)
Tuesday, January 10 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Basketball
Tuesday, January 10 – National Honor Society Induction Ceremony. 6:30 PM
Wednesday, January 11 – School Musical “Joseph” Auditions, see sign up sheet in Jr. High for available times.
Wednesday, January 11 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Techno Club, Basketball, Bagpipes (4:30), Cheer (6:00)
Wednesday, January 11 – POET meeting, 6:30 PM
Thursday, January 12 – School Musical “Joseph” Auditions, see sign up sheet in Jr. High for available times.
Thursday, January 12 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Basketball, Zumba
Friday, January 13 – School Musical “Joseph” Auditions, see sign up sheet in Jr. High for available times.
Friday, January 13 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Basketball, Music Club, EcoGeeks, Dance, Cheer (3:30), Volleyball open gym (5:30)
Saturday, January 14 – Cheer practice, 8:00 AM
Saturday, January 14 – WSU #2 Science workshop, 9:00 AM
Saturday, January 14 – Volleyball open-gym, 10:00 AM