IN THIS EDITION:
- Jr. High Giving Dance
- Check the Lost & Found
- Library books must be turned in before Winter Break
- NDPA Food Bank Collection
- Yearbooks – Be sure to order before the price goes up!
- NDPA Marquee Greetings
- NDPA Science Fair 2017 – deadline THIS MONDAY, December 12
- After School Zumba
- Polar Plunge 2017
- NDPA L.E.O. (Let’s Eat Out) Night (formerly “Spirit Night”) January 6 at Chuck E. Cheese’s
- Barnes & Noble Day Follow Up + Winners
JR. HIGH GIVING DANCE – On December 16, 1:30-3:00 PM the junior high will host it’s second dance this year, the Giving Dance. Please bring a can of food for admission; we will be donating to a local organization. Also, feel free to wear an ugly sweater for our ugly sweater contest. Ugly sweaters may be worn to class (all day Friday). If you are not participating in the ugly sweater goodness, no worries, regular Friday dress rules apply.
GIVING DANCE VOLUNTEERS NEEDED – If anyone has a desire to check out some great ugly sweaters while bobbing to the latest tunes, we’re looking for some chaperones for the Giving Dance on Friday, December 16, 1:30-3:00 PM. Email Katie (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you’re interested. Thanks!
CHECK THE LOST & FOUND – Be sure to look for your missing items in the Lost & Found areas in both buildings before the Winter Break to make sure you have your coats, hats, gloves, & scarves for the holiday. Smaller items like watches, hair bows, and sunglasses might be at the front desk.
TURN IN LIBRARY BOOKS BEFORE WINTER BREAK – Please make sure your student returns all library books BEFORE DECEMBER 16. They will be able to check out books again after the break.
NDPA FOOD BANK COLLECTION – It’s that time of year when the Food Bank has much more need and NDPA wants to help! Please bring your food donations by December 16, there are collection boxes in the lobbies of both buildings.
YEARBOOKS – BE SURE TO ORDER BEFORE THE PRICE GOES UP! Prices for both elementary and jr. high yearbooks will go up after December 16. Be sure to order now to avoid the higher price.
- To order an ELEMENTARY YEARBOOK for $14, go to yearbookordercenter.com or call 866-287-3095 – use school code 20030. After 12/16/16, the price will go up to $18. Go to this link to see if you have already ordered an elementary yearbook: http://northdavisprep.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Yrbk-Sales-Dec-7-K-6.pdf
- To order a JR. HIGH YEARBOOK for $22, go to yearbookordercenter.com or call 866-287-3095 – use school code 16104. After 12/16/16, the price will go up to $26.
PARENTS, TEACHERS & STUDENTS – Do you have pictures that you want to submit for the yearbooks? WE WANT THEM! Download them to hjeshare.com with the following codes:
- Elementary pictures – NDPALions (case sensitive)
- Jr. High pictures – ndpajuniorhigh
Calling ALL K-6 ARTISTS and DOODLE BUGS!!!
Are you always sketching and doodling on your paper and notebooks?
Then Yearbook Cover wants YOU!
This year, for K-6th Grade Yearbooks, we are changing things up…We are looking for 1-20 black & white doodles** on white paper, of any size, with anything you would like to see on the school’s yearbook cover.
**Preferably school-related doodles
Please include: Your Name, grade, and teacher on your submission.
ALL submissions need to be turned into the POET desk box no later than January 27th.
If you have any questions, please contact
Shelly Madsen email@example.com or Audrey Laser firstname.lastname@example.org
NDPA MARQUEE GREETINGS – You may have noticed the birthday wishes and congratulations to students on the new marquee…go to this website: http://signup.com/go/3yryKw to have your student’s name in lights for only $10 per day! All marquee requests need to be made seven days in advance. Email questions to email@example.com.
NDPA SCIENCE FAIR 2017 – ALL PACKETS ARE DUE THIS MONDAY, DECEMBER 12! Click this link to download the packet: http://northdavisprep.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/2016-2017-Science-Fair-Packet.pdf The science fair is Wednesday, January 25, 2017. Set up will be the same day as science fair; students will bring their boards to the junior high gym on the same day as the fair.
AFTER SCHOOL ACTIVITIES
- After-School ZUMBA for K-6 grades
Sign-up at the POET Desks beginning December 5.
Thursdays, 3:00-4:00 PM
January 5,12,19,26 and February 2,9.
Cost is $10, put payment in the POET Box.
- BAGPIPE BAND is canceled for the month of December.
POLAR PLUNGE 2017 – Pssst….. Have you heard the COOL news? Well here it is: The NDPA Polar Plunge is back again!!! It will be on January 21, 2017, at Fort Buenaventura in Ogden, Utah. Check-in begins at 9:30 AM, we’ll be plunging shortly after. The Polar Plunge is a school-sponsored fundraising event for any student, in any grade, who interested in going to Spain in their 9th grade year. It’s never too early to start earning money!
- Register at regtix.com: https://events.regtix.com/ndpa.htm?event
- Choose your student-designed, school-approved Polar Plunge shirt size.
- Ask people you know if they’ll sponsor you to jump into the icy cold waters at Fort Buenaventura.
- Get ready for the Polar Plunge by checking out our Polar Plunge Prep Packet: http://northdavisprep.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Polar-plunge-packet.pdf
We’ll see you on January 21st at 9:30 AM!
If you have a student that is going to Spain or is interested in going in their 9th grade year, please consider helping at the Polar Plunge. We need a few more volunteers! Contact Kim Valeika at firstname.lastname@example.org or Cami Carver at email@example.com if you’d like to help or have any questions.
NDPA L.E.O. NIGHT – NDPA Spirit Night has been changed to L.E.O. (Let’s Eat Out) Nights (it’s a play on the NDPA mascot Leo the Lion). Please look for signs and announcements letting you know when each LEO Night will be. These are such fun family activities for kids of all ages to get together and hang out outside of school!
- Mark your calendars, the next LEO night will be Friday, January 6, from 3:00-9:00 PM at Chuck E. Cheese’s in Layton!
BARNES & NOBLE DAY FOLLOW UP – THANK YOU!! What a wonderful time we had on November 19th at the Layton Barnes and Noble. Thank you to everyone who shopped that day, either in the store or online, to support our event. A big thank you to the people who made our day happen:
- Dason Smith at B&N;
- Amy Lueckler, Marianne Rusch, Linda Neville, Nicole Neville, Sonja Winn, Tammy Boror, Shannon Balzly, Melissa Proctor, Haley Briggs, Wendy Jensen, Dayl Brinkman, Sima Patel, Deanna Argyle, Chris Janik, Marci Jones, Tara Jones, and the Brannin Family for running all our activity stations;
Sophie Valeika, Olivia Roundy, Casey Wood, Avery Wilde, Katie Nicholson, and Rebecca Miner for the fabulous face painting;
- Mrs. Zost, Mrs. Segura, Mrs. Hart, Mrs. Anthony, Mrs. Billings, and Mr. Robinson for their entertaining story times;
- Our AMAZING POET BOARD for al
l their help before, during, and after;
- Audrey Laser and the Brannin Family for taking photos;
- Camille Thompson, Brittney Jeppesen, Robert and Erma Martinez, Rachel Sanchez, BriAnne Thomson, Marianne Rusch, and Kelley Gee for cutting out all the leaves for our craft;
- UTAH REACH for supporting our event all day long – they were the super cool people there dressed in costumes – I hope you got a photo with them;
- Our absolutely incredible, not-to-be-missed NDPA Choir and their directors for getting us in the Holiday spirit;
- On Friday, our National Junior Honor Society members handing out vouchers during pick-up;
- And Hunter S., Perri M., Lanie S., and Gina Stuart for being our gift wrappers at B&N.
We are still awaiting our final total, watch for it in an upcoming Que Pasa. Thank you! We couldn’t do this without you.
B&N WINNERS – Here are the winners of our annual “I am Thankful for…” art and essay contest. What thankful students we have at NDPA! Thank you for participating and sharing your talents!
KINDERGARTEN – 1-Kai H., Savanah; 2-Acacia, Porter, Cason F.
1ST GRADE – 1-Henry J.; 2-Owen E.; 3-Andrew S., Dylan N.
2ND GRADE – 1-Lily B.
3RD GRADE – 1-Lincoln R.; 2-Claire El.; 3-Kaylee
4TH GRADE – 1-Mia E.
5TH GRADE – 1-Julia S.; 1-Thea L.; 2-Bridget S.; 2-Nicky H.
7TH GRADE – 1-Addie B.; 2-Camryn S.; 3-Maddie F., Megan V., Mackenzie S., Caroline T.
8TH GRADE – 1-Elsie V.; 2-Quinnley N.; 3-Alicia D., Ethan P.
9TH GRADE – 1-Athena E., Angela M.; 2-Macen A.; 3-Alicia B., Maiya C., Alex S.
1ST GRADE – 1-Parker M., Andrew S.
2ND GRADE – 1-Aleeya D.
3RD GRADE – 1-Abram B.; 2-Amanda C.; 3-Joshua, Alex H., Emma H.
4TH GRADE – 1-Emilee W.
5TH GRADE – 1-Jeffrey C.; 2-Julia S.
9TH GRADE – 1-Abigail C.
Monday, December 12 – Science Fair packets due
Monday, December 12 – AFTER-SCHOOL: EcoGeeks, Basketball, Volleyball open-gym (5:30-7:00 PM)
Tuesday, December 13 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Basketball
Wednesday, December 14 – 3rd & 6th Holiday Lunch with Parents, 3rd grade at 12:05 PM, 6th grade at 11:53 AM
Wednesday, December 14 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Techno Club, Basketball, Cheer (6:00)
Wednesday, December 14 – POET meeting, 6:30 PM
Thursday, December 15 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Basketball, Jr. High Book Club
Friday, December 16 – LAST DAY TO ORDER YEARBOOKS at lower price
Friday, December 16 – Jr. High Giving Dance, 1:00-3:30 PM – Bring 2 cans of food for admission.
Friday, December 16 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Basketball, Music Club, EcoGeeks, Dance, Cheer (3:30), Volleyball open gym (5:30)
Saturday, December 17 – Cheer practice, 8:00 AM
Saturday, December 17 – Volleyball open-gym, 10:00 AM
MONDAY, DECEMBER 19-MONDAY, JANUARY 2 – NO SCHOOL – Winter Break