IN THIS EDITION:
- Barnes & Noble Day – next weekend!
- Yearbooks, Yearbooks, Yearbooks
- Check the lost & found by November 22
- NDPA Marquee Greetings
- Turn in your Box Tops
- NDPA Science Fair 2017
- R.O.A.R. Rewards
- Ms. Chantal Esquivias Awarded Teacher of the Year!
NDPA POET BARNES & NOBLE DAY
Barnes and Noble Day, November 19th
Are you ready to get your holiday shopping done? Then look no further than NDPA’s Barnes and Noble Day! B&N has everything you’ll need to make your holiday merry and bright. From books, Nooks, games, toys, calendars, DVDs, 3-D printers, writing needs, cheesecake (YES! cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory), and much more, B&N Day is the day to check those gifts off your list. Plus, FREE gift wrapping.
- Bring your B&N Day voucher or see a volunteer that day to get one from 10 am to 5 pm on Saturday, November 19th at the Layton B&N.
- Shop, enjoy a treat from the cafe, and have fun with our: World famous NDPA Choir at 10:30, and all day crafts, games, face painting, LEGO table, story times, a fun surprise, and much more.
- When you pay for your purchases, remind the cashier that you are with NDPA and give them your voucher.
- Share the voucher via email and social media to your friends and family. They can shop that day, too, either online or at a B&N near them.
- Can’t make it to our Saturday event? Shop Friday, November 18th and show your voucher to the cashier. Plus, from 6-10 pm that night, our very own NDPA Junior Honor Society will be gift wrapping for free.
- If these days don’t work for you, shop http://www.barnesandnoble.com/ November 19th through November 24th and use voucher #11955556 at checkout.
See you at B&N!!
Barnes and Noble Day Art and Essay Contest
NDPA STUDENTS, don’t forget to enter the “I am thankful for…” contest. Think about the ONE thing you are thankful for and why, then write a one-page essay or create a picture about it. Turn it in at either school in the box at the POET desk. All entries are due Tuesday, November 15th. We can’t wait to see your work! Due to limited space at B&N and time constraints, please follow these guidelines:
- ON THE BACK (as they may be displayed publicly): First and last name, grade, and homeroom/advisory teacher.
- Artwork can be no larger than 10×14 (no exceptions)
- Artwork can be any medium (paint, crayon, pencil, etc.)
- Essays can be up to one page in length (typed or handwritten) in Español or English.
- Entries should be created during the current school year (Aug 2016 to now)
- Entries will be judged on originality, creativity, and following the guidelines.
- 1st place winner per grade per category (K-9) will win a B&N gift card.
- Students may be asked to read their essay at B&N and all artwork will be displayed that day.
- Late entries or those who do not follow contest guidelines will be returned to the student.
YEARBOOKS, YEARBOOKS, YEARBOOKS!
Don’t be like the Cowardly Lion, buy an Elementary Yearbook!
To Order go to yearbookordercenter.com
school code- 20030
ON SALE now for $14 until Dec.16th
Price goes up to $18 until March 3rd
NO YEARBOOKS WILL BE SOLD LAST DAY OF SCHOOL
Contact Audrey Laser firstname.lastname@example.org
or Shelly Madsen email@example.com
Cherish your Jr. High Memories forever!
Buy a 2016-’17 Jr. High Yearbook Now!
ON SALE FOR $22 until Dec. 16th
Prices go up to $26 til March 3rd
Order at yearbookordercenter.com
Jr. High Order Code-16104
or by calling
*NO YEARBOOKS WILL BE SOLD AFTER DEADLINE OR LAST DAY OF SCHOOL
Have pictures that you want to submit for the Elementary Yearbook?
WE WANT THEM!
Download them to hjeshare.com
school code- NDPALions
PARENTS, TEACHERS & STUDENTS
Submit your photos for 2016-’17 NDPA JR. High Yearbooks!
To download your pix go to hjeshare.com
CHECK THE LOST & FOUND – The lost & found areas in both buildings are getting pretty full! Be sure to come by and check them out before Tuesday, November 22 to see if your student has left anything. Smaller items may be at the front desk.
NDPA MARQUEE GREETINGS – Want to wish your child happy birthday, 1/2 birthday, or congratulate them for an accomplishment? Now you can see their name in lights on the new NDPA marquee! The cost for each post is $10, for each day you want it posted. Click here to see options: http://northdavisprep.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/NDPA-MARQUEE-GREETINGS.pdf
- All marquee requests need to be made seven days prior to when you want it posted on the marquee.
- Fill out the online form and make your payments http://signup.com/go/3yryKw.
- Any questions email firstname.lastname@example.org.
TURN IN YOUR BOX TOPS – It’s time to round up and turn in those Box Tops! The fall deadline for submitting Box Tops is coming up at the end of the month. Don’t hold onto them, many expire in October or November. You can submit your Box Tops at the POET desk of either building. Every Box Top earns money for NDPA–thank you for your participation!
NDPA SCIENCE FAIR 2017 – Click this link to see the Science Fair Packet for NDPA’s annual Science Fair: http://northdavisprep.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/2016-2017-Science-Fair-Packet.pdf! Please make note, I have greatly reduced the information in this packet and hopefully made it more user friendly. Also a few things have changed from last year:
- The science fair date is now the last Wednesday in January, January 25, 2017.
- Also please note that set up will be on the same day as science fair so your students will bring their boards to the junior high gym on the same day as the fair.
- Registration forms are now due in December before the break.
R.O.A.R. REWARDS – Last week, several elementary students had the opportunity to ROAR by duct taping Mrs. Billings to the wall! It was so much fun. Don’t know what R.O.A.R. stands for? Ask your student!
MS. CHANTAL ESQUIVIAS AWARDED TEACHER OF THE YEAR! To see a video that talks about the new things Ms. Esquivias is doing in her new position, click here: http://l2trec.utah.edu/news/bpvideo.php.
Monday, November 14 – Trimester 2 begins
Monday, November 14 – AFTER-SCHOOL: EcoGeeks, Basketball, Volleyball open-gym (5:30-7:00 PM)
Monday, November 14 – Boys & Girls Basketball HOME GAME vs Legacy Prep, Boys 5:00 PM, Girls 6:00 PM
Tuesday, November 15 – AFTER-SCHOOL: K-6 Choir, Basketball
Wednesday, November 16 – AFTER-SCHOOL: K-6 Art, FBLA Club, Basketball, Bagpipe Band (4:30), Cheer (6:00)
Wednesday, November 16 – Boys & Girls Basketball AWAY game vs OPA (1435 Lincoln Ave., Ogden) Boys 5:00 PM, Girls 6:00 PM
Thursday, November 17 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Bricks 4 Kidz, Basketball, Jr. High Book Club
Friday, November 18 – Report cards available via Aspire Gradebook
Friday, November 18 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Basketball, Music Club, EcoGeeks, Dance, Cheer (3:30), Volleyball open gym (5:30)
Saturday, November 19 – Volleyball open-gym, 10:00 AM
Saturday, November 19 – POET Barnes & Noble Day, 10:00 AM-5:00 PM
Monday, November 21 – AFTER-SCHOOL: EcoGeeks, Basketball, Volleyball open-gym (5:30-7:00 PM)
Monday, November 21 – Boys & Girls Basketball HOME GAME vs Monticello, Boys 5:00 PM, Girls 6:00 PM
Tuesday, November 22 – AFTER-SCHOOL: K-6 Choir, Basketball
Wednesday, November 23–Friday, November 25 – NO SCHOOL, Thanksgiving Break
Saturday, November 26 – Volleyball open-gym, 10:00 AM