IN THIS EDITION:
- Barnes & Noble Day – Event, Volunteer, & Contest Details
- Traffic – Drop off & Pick up
- NDPA Marquee Greetings
- Turn in your Box Tops
- NDPA Science Fair 2017
- NDPA Job Openings
- Counseling Corner – International Baccalaureate (IB)
NDPA POET BARNES & NOBLE DAY
THE EVENT – Saturday November 19, 2016, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM at the Layton Barnes & Noble! It’s as easy as…
- Print out the Barnes and Noble voucher.
- Come to Barnes and Noble in Layton on Saturday, November 19.
- Get your holiday shopping done early! (Present the voucher at the time of your purchase.)
That’s it! For every purchase made with a voucher (excluding gift cards) our school earns a percentage of the sale. Nooks, accessories, and Café purchases included. There will be lots of great activities happening in-store: Our very own NDPA Elementary Choir will perform at 10:30, essay and art contest readings and winners, story times, LEGO tables, crafts, face painting, and a SURPRISE!
Can’t make it Saturday? Bring your voucher and shop Friday. Shop online November 19th through November 24th at barnesandnoble.com/book and enter the voucher number (11955556) at checkout.NDPA’s National Junior Honor Society will be wrapping gifts from 6 to 10 pm on FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 18th.
You can shop at any Barnes & Noble in the country on November 19 and present a voucher – be sure to email/Facebook your out of state family and friends a copy and they can join in the fun!
THE VOLUNTEERS – Volunteers are needed for our Barnes & Noble Day on November 19, 2016 from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Listed below are the different stations that we need filled and how many people are needed for each station. You DO NOT need to sign up for the whole time frame of 10:00 AM-5:00 PM; please indicate how long you’d like to work that day and if you have a preference for a specific station. If you absolutely are not a gift wrapper let me know and I’ll be sure to not give you that station! You will not need to bring anything; all station supplies will be taken care of by POET or B&N.
- Craft Prep work (1) to be done at home, prior to the event.
- Craft (1) – 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Gift Wrap (1) – 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- LEGO (2) – 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM, 2:30 to 5:00
Please contact Kim Valeika: firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help at our event.
THE CONTEST – Students, don’t forget to enter the “I am thankful for…” contest. Think about the ONE thing you are thankful for and why, then write a one-page essay or create a picture about it. Turn it in at either school in the box at the POET desk. All entries are due by Tuesday, November 15. We can’t wait to see your work! Entries are due Tuesday, Nov 15th by end of school. Late entries will be not be accepted. Due to limited space at B&N and time constraints, please follow these guidelines:
- ON THE BACK (as they may be displayed publicly): First and last name, grade, and homeroom/advisory teacher.
- Artwork can be no larger than 10×14 (no exceptions)
- Artwork can be any medium (paint, crayon, pencil, etc.)
- Essays can be up to one page in length (typed or handwritten) in Español or English.
- Entries should be created during the current school year (Aug 2016 to now)
- Entries will be judged on originality, creativity, and following the guidelines.
- 1st place winner per grade per category (K-9) will win a B&N gift card.
- Students may be asked to read their essay at B&N and all artwork will be displayed that day.
- Late entries or those who do not follow contest guidelines will be returned to the student.
TRAFFIC – Parents: We know things can be hectic in the mornings and afternoons when you are picking up your students. Please be extra conscious of students, cars, and staff around you and try to follow the traffic patterns as outlined on the website here: http://northdavisprep.org/?page_id=235 and obey Utah state traffic laws. Please remember, there is no right turn into the Jr. High parking lot (you can turn right into the long drive). There is also no left turn into the Elementary parking lot during peak traffic times.
NDPA MARQUEE GREETINGS – Want to wish your child happy birthday, 1/2 birthday, or congratulate them for an accomplishment? Now you can see their name in lights on the new NDPA marquee! The cost for each post is $10, for each day you want it posted. Click here to see options: http://northdavisprep.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/NDPA-MARQUEE-GREETINGS.pdf
- All marquee requests need to be made seven days prior to when you want it posted on the marquee.
- Fill out the online form and make your payments http://signup.com/go/3yryKw.
- Any questions email email@example.com.
TURN IN YOUR BOX TOPS – It’s time to round up and turn in those Box Tops! The fall deadline for submitting Box Tops is coming up at the end of the month. Don’t hold onto them, many expire in October or November. You can submit your Box Tops at the POET desk of either building. Every Box Top earns money for NDPA–thank you for your participation!
NDPA SCIENCE FAIR 2017 – Click this link to see the Science Fair Packet for NDPA’s annual Science Fair: http://northdavisprep.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/2016-2017-Science-Fair-Packet.pdf! Please make note, I have greatly reduced the information in this packet and hopefully made it more user friendly. Also a few things have changed from last year:
- The science fair date is now the last Wednesday in January, January 25, 2017.
- Also please note that set up will be on the same day as science fair so your students will bring their boards to the junior high gym on the same day as the fair.
- Registration forms are now due in December before the break.
NDPA JOB OPENINGS – NDPA Cafeteria has the following openings. For more information or to apply, contact LaRetta Foxley, firstname.lastname@example.org or (801) 336-3601.
- Part-Time Cafeteria – 2-5 days a week, 3 hours per day.
- Kitchen Assistant – 5 days per week
PARENTS: Cafeteria Volunteers are always welcome. This is a great way to interact with your child, meet their friends, and get your volunteers hours! Stop by the lunchroom in either building to make arrangements to volunteer.
COUNSELING CORNER – ***Attention 9th Graders*** If you are interested in the International Baccalaureate (IB) Program, I would suggest you check out West High’s website http://west.slcschools.org/academics/international-baccalaureate/ and attend one of their IB Info Nights on November 17 or January 19. The next review and application deadline is Monday, November 21. If you are not sure you want to go to West, I would still suggest attending this information night if you are interested in the IB program. They provide incredibly valuable information for you regarding the IB program as a whole. I will provide you with more information on the other local IB Programs as the information becomes available from Ogden, Clearfield & Bountiful high schools.
Sunday, November 6 – Daylight Savings, set clocks back one hour
Monday, November 7 – AFTER-SCHOOL: EcoGeeks, Basketball
Monday, November 7 – Boys Basketball HOME GAME vs Ascent Academy, 5:00 PM
Monday, November 7 – Girls Basketball AWAY GAME vs Ogden Prep (1435 Lincoln Avenue, Ogden), 6:00 PM
Tuesday, November 8 – AFTER-SCHOOL: K-6 Choir, Basketball
Wednesday, November 9 – AFTER-SCHOOL: K-6 Art, Techno Club, Basketball, Bagpipe Band (4:30), Cheer (6:00)
Wednesday, November 9 – Boys Basketball AWAY game vs Spectrum (575 N. Cutler Dr., North Salt Lake), 5:00 PM
Wednesday, November 9 – Girls Basketball AWAY GAME vs Monticello (2782 Corporate Park Dr., West Valley), 6:00 PM
Wednesday, November 9 – POET Metting, 6:30 PM
Wednesday, November 9 – Musical Theater & Social Dance Performances, 6:30 PM
Thursday, November 10 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Bricks 4 Kidz, Basketball
Friday, November 11 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Basketball, Music Club, EcoGeeks, Dance, Cheer (3:30), Volleyball open gym (5:30)
Saturday, November 12 – Volleyball open-gym, 10:00 AM
Monday, November 14 – AFTER-SCHOOL: EcoGeeks, Basketball, Volleyball open-gym (5:30-7:00 PM)
Monday, November 14 – Boys & Girls Basketball HOME GAME vs Legacy Prep, Boys 5:00 PM, Girls 6:00 PM
Tuesday, November 15 – AFTER-SCHOOL: K-6 Choir, Basketball
Wednesday, November 16 – AFTER-SCHOOL: K-6 Art, FBLA Club, Basketball, Bagpipe Band (4:30), Cheer (6:00)
Wednesday, November 16 – Boys & Girls Basketball AWAY game vs OPA (1435 Lincoln Ave., Ogden) Boys 5:00 PM, Girls 6:00 PM
Thursday, November 17 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Bricks 4 Kidz, Basketball, Jr. High Book Club
Friday, November 18 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Basketball, Music Club, EcoGeeks, Dance, Cheer (3:30), Volleyball open gym (5:30)
Saturday, November 19 – Volleyball open-gym, 10:00 AM
Saturday, November 19 – POET Barnes & Noble Day, 10:00 AM-5:00 PM
MARK YOUR CALENDARS:
- Thanksgiving Break – NO SCHOOL Wednesday, November 23-Friday, November 25