EARLY OUT (Friday schedule) – Monday, October 17-Wednesday, October 19
NO SCHOOL – Thursday, October 20-Friday, October 21
IN THIS EDITION:
- Parent Teacher Conferences THIS WEEK!
- Usborne Book Fair During PTC
- Flu Shot Clinic during PTC
- Turn in your Box Tops
- K-8 Families Invited to Spain Info & Polar Plunge Meeting
- NDPA Hoodies on sale now!
- NDPA Marquee Greetings
- NDPA Science Fair 2017
- Jr. High Sports
- After-School Activities
- Jr. High Music Club
- Shop Amazon Smile and get money for our school!
- Volunteer Opportunities: Science Olympiad, Book Fair, At Home Volunteer Coordinator
PARENT TEACHER CONFERENCE – Remember Parent Teacher Conferences are this week! If you still need to schedule and appointment, please contact your teacher or the office: Elementary (801) 547-1809/Jr. High (801) 336-3601.
USBORNE BOOK FAIR: Today started off our Usborne Book Fair!!! The Book Fair will be open at the following times:
- Monday, October 17 from 11-7pm
- Tuesday, October 18 from 11-7pm
- Wednesday, October 19 from 11-4pm
Remember you are helping the school earn FREE books with every purchase. Books may be purchased with CASH OR CREDIT only.
Also, some fliers have been sent home with your students; if they return that filled out flier to the Book Fair, they will be entered into a drawing for a prize.
- We are still in need of volunteers. Please call Isabel Patterson at 801-380-7659 or sign up on volunteerspot.com: https://signup.com/client/invitation/6775657374/1664787/false
FLU SHOT CLINIC DURING PTC – Tuesday, October 18, 2:00-5:00 PM. Cost is $31.99 or $0 co-pay with insurance (please bring insurance card). Vaccines for ages 7+ can also be administered.
TURN IN YOUR BOX TOPS – It’s time to round up and turn in those Box Tops! The fall deadline for submitting Box Tops is coming up at the end of the month. Don’t hold onto them, many expire in October or November. You can submit your Box Tops at the POET desk of either building. Every Box Top earns money for NDPA–thank you for your participation!
K-8 FAMILIES INVITED TO SPAIN INFO & POLAR PLUNGE MEETING – Parents, there is a Polar Plunge and Spain Study Abroad meeting Tuesday, October 18 at 6:30 PM. ALL Kinder-8th STUDENTS who plan to go on the 9th grade Spain trip and their PARENTS are invited to attend. Find out how to earn money now to keep in your Spain account! Ask questions about the trip! Get more information on what you can do now to get ready! And more!
NDPA HOODIES ON SALE NOW – NDPA Hoodies on Sale Now! It’s getting colder and Christmas is coming, order your hoodie today! Pull over hoodie $18 and Zip hoodie $21. Youth and Adult sizes available. These “administration-approved” hoodies can be worn in class!
Sample hoodies and order forms will be in the lobby of each school from Monday, October 17, through Tuesday, November 1! Stop by the school and try on the samples before ordering, we cannot exchange if you order the wrong size. You can print an order form at home by going to this link: http://northdavisprep.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/NDPA-Hoodies-Order-Form-2016-docx.pdf.
Please complete the order form, include payment of cash or check, made out to NDPA POET, and place in the POET box. Hoodies will be delivered to your oldest student by Monday, November 28. If your order is a Christmas gift, indicate it in the space provided on the order form so we can keep it a surprise for your kids!
Any questions or help with hoodies please contact Kristen Tate at firstname.lastname@example.org
NDPA MARQUEE GREETINGS – Want to wish your child happy birthday, 1/2 birthday, or congratulate them for an accomplishment? Now you can see their name in lights on the new NDPA marquee! The cost for each post is $10, for each day you want it posted. Click here to see options: http://northdavisprep.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/NDPA-MARQUEE-GREETINGS.pdf
- All marquee requests need to be made seven days prior to when you want it posted on the marquee.
- Fill out the online form and make your payments http://signup.com/go/3yryKw.
Any questions email email@example.com.
NDPA SCIENCE FAIR 2017 – Click this link to see the Science Fair Packet for NDPA’s annual Science Fair: http://northdavisprep.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/2016-2017-Science-Fair-Packet.pdf! Please make note, I have greatly reduced the information in this packet and hopefully made it more user friendly. Also a few things have changed from last year:
- The science fair date is now the last Wednesday in January, January 25, 2017.
- Also please note that set up will be on the same day as science fair so your students will bring their boards to the junior high gym on the same day as the fair.
- Registration forms are now due in December before the break.
JR. HIGH SPORTS
- XCountry performed great at the State Meet! Boy’s placed 8th out of 20 teams and Girl’s placed 9th out of 23. Congratulations!
AFTER-SCHOOL ACTIVITIES CODE OF CONDUCT: Registration for After-School Activities is voluntary and implies agreement that your student(s) will abide by the NDPA core values.
With emphasis on:
- All interactions with teachers/volunteers, students and parents are based on honesty, trust and respect.
- All students will demonstrate personal and social responsibility.
Additionally, it is agreed that all students will be picked up promptly at 4:00 PM.
- BRICKS 4 KIDZ
Thursdays, October 27, November 3, 10, 17
3:00-4:00 PM, elementary library
Registration is online only: https://my.bricks4kidz.com/index.php?action=classdetail&record=156550
- BRICKS needs another adult to help with the class. No special training is needed. If you can come to all four classes and assist, your student can participate for FREE. Please contact Diana Dearden, firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like this opportunity.
- YOUTH BAGPIPE BAND – 4th grade to age 17 welcome
Wednesdays, 4:30-5:30 PM, elementary library
Initial investment $65 for bagpipe chanter.
No sign up necessary, just come!
Bagpipes and drums. Questions? Contact Eric Billings, email@example.com
JR. HIGH MUSIC CLUB – Meets Fridays, starting October 6, right after school until 2:00 PM, in Mrs. Bentley’s room #218. If you like music, come join us!
SHOP AMAZON SMILE AND GET MONEY FOR OUR SCHOOL – Before you make your next Amazon purchases, go to smile.amazon.com and choose North Davis Preparatory Academy as your charity of choice – NDPA will receive a percentage from each purchase!
- SCIENCE OLYMPIAD COACHES STILL NEEDED! You don’t need to be an expert, just have a love of science and working with kids who really want to learn! It’s a lot of fun and should be about an hour a month of time commitment. If you’re interested please contact Mrs. Adams at: firstname.lastname@example.org for more details. See the links below to the specific events to give you more information. Events needing coaches are:
- BOOK FAIR VOLUNTEERS – We are still in need of volunteers to work the book fair. Please call Isabel Patterson at 801-380-7659 or sign up on volunteerspot.com: https://signup.com/client/invitation/6775657374/1664787/false.
- If you are a professional in a scientific field and would like to help get students excited about careers in science by giving a short presentation and showing real-world applications for the concepts they are learning, we would love to have you volunteer as a speaker! Please email Nushean Lowder at email@example.com for more information.
Monday, October 17-Wednesday, October 19 – EARLY OUT – Parent Teacher Conferences – Usborne Book Fair
Monday, October 17 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Boy Basketball Practice, Volleyball open-gym (5:30-7:00 PM)
Tuesday, October 18 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Boy Basketball Practice
Tuesday, October 18 – Flu Shot Clinic, 2:00-5:00 PM
Tuesday, October 18 – Spain Study Abroad Polar Plunge & Parent Meeting, 6:30 PM
Wednesday, October 19 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Boy Basketball Practice, Cheer practice (6:00-7:30 PM)
Wednesday, October 19 – NDPA Board meeting, elementary library, 6:00 PM.
Thursday, October 20 -Friday, October 7 – NO SCHOOL-Fall Break
Saturday, October 22 – Volleyball Skills Class, 2:00-4:00 PM
Monday, October 24 – AFTER-SCHOOL: EcoGeeks, Boy Basketball Practice, Volleyball open-gym (5:30-7:00 PM)
Tuesday, October 25 – AFTER-SCHOOL: K-6 Choir, Basketball
Wednesday, October 26 – 7th grade field trip to The Leonardo, meet at Clearfield Frontrunner at 8:30 AM
Wednesday, October 26 – AFTER-SCHOOL: K-6 Art, Techno Club, Basketball, Bagpipe Band (4:30-5:30), Cheer (6:00-7:30)
Thursday, October 27 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Jr. High Book Club, Basketball, Volleyball open-gym (5:30-7:00 PM)
Friday, October 28 – Jr. High Halloween Dance
Friday, October 28 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Music Club, EcoGeeks, Dance, Cheer (3:30-5:30), Volleyball open gym (5:30-7:00)
MARK YOUR CALENDARS:
- 4th & 5th grades “Spooktacular” Lunch with Parents (forms were sent home this week) – Monday, October 31