Apr 12, 2018
IN THIS EDITION:
- Shrek Jr. Reserved Seating Tickets – ends TODAY at 1:30!
- Art Auction – Don’t miss out, reserve your “Party Table” today!
- NDPA LEO Night @ Chick-fil-A, Monday, April 16
- Student Government Applications available this Monday
- 7th-9th Skate Party, Friday, April 20
- Mighty Kicks Soccer
- Summer Lego Robotics Camps
- Spain Summer Exchange Program
- Upcoming Events
- Annual Calendar & Quick Links
SHREK JR. RESERVED SEATING TICKET SALES ENDS TODAY – Reserved seating tickets for NDPA’s production of Shrek Jr. will remain open through TODAY, Friday, April 13, at 1:30 PM. Order forms must be submitted, with payment of $7 per ticket, to the Jr. High office. Reserved seating is sold on a first-come-first-served basis. Pre-order tickets will be available in will-call 30 minutes before each show. All other tickets will be sold at the box office on the day of the show.
Shrek Jr. Pre-Order Form: http://northdavisprep.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Shrek-Ticket-Order-Form-7.pdf
ART AUCTION – APRIL 20, 2018 – TICKET DEADLINE EXTENDED! $25 per ticket. Buy tickets or donate here: https://ndpa.regtix.com
HOW DO I RESERVE A PARTY TABLE?
- GATHER together a group of 8 people to attend…think friends, family (grandparents love this event), book club, mother’s group, business associates, or random people you meet at carpool.
- PURCHASE – Each person buys their own tickets or you can purchase as a group at https://ndpa.regtix.com
- SEND the names of all 8 people who will be at your table to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use subject line: Party Table Reservation.
- A table reserved for your group (under the name of the person who emails).
- Two extra raffle tickets for each person at the table.
- An additional ticket given to the person who coordinates and sends the email (total of three extra).
- The opportunity to hang out at a wonderful community event with your favorite people!
Don’t wait! Order your tickets and reserve your Party Table today!
LEO Night @ Chick-fil-A – Monday, April 16, 5:30-7:30 PM. Bring your family, bring your friends, and come hang out with NDPA! Be sure to bring a flier or show this post when you order!
STUDENT GOVERNMENT APPLICATIONS – 6th-8th graders – are you looking to run for student body office? Applications will be available at the POET desk from April 16-27. An informational meeting will be held Thursday, April 19, 8:20-8:55 AM in room 217 for any folks interested who have questions or aren’t sure what student government really is. All applications are due to Miss Anderson (room 217) on or before April 27. A mandatory student meeting will follow the application process on Thursday, May 3, 8:20-8:55 AM for all eligible candidates.
7TH-9TH SKATE PARTY – Skate Party! Friday, April 20, 1:30-3:00 PM, junior high students are going to head over to Classic Fun Center and do some skating. Please make an arrangement for your student to get over there (there should be lots of cars headed that direction) and also an arrangement to pick your kids up promptly at 3:00 — we’d like our chaperones to be able to get ready for Art Auction that night.
MIGHTY KICKS SOCCER – Spring Session
Tuesdays – April 10, 17, 24, May 1
3:00-4:00 PM on the Elementary playground
$40 – REGISTER HERE! http://www.mightykicksnorthslc.net/davis-preparatory-academy.cfm
lego1SUMMER LEGO ROBOTICS CAMPS
Lego Robotics-BASIC– Come use your imagination to build and design with amazing WeDo 2.0 Lego Robotics kits. You can create and animate your new robot with basic computer programming skills you learn while at camp! You will make animals, race cars, helicopters and more! Sign up form for BASIC camp here: http://northdavisprep.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Lego-Flyer-Basic-2018-pdf.pdf
Lego Robotics-ADVANCED* – Come use your imagination to build and design amazing space age Lego Robotics kits. You will create and animate your new robot with coding skills you learn while at camp! *Prerequisite Lego Robotics-Basic camp. Sign up form for ADVANCED camp here: http://northdavisprep.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Lego-Flyer-Advanced-2018-pdf.pdf
- WHO: Both camps are for ages 8-12 years old. Basic camp is a prerequisite to Advanced camp. 20 spots available per camp session.
- WHERE: North Davis Preparatory Academy
- WHEN: Choose between two 1-week sessions (each class has a limit of 20 kids)
- SESSION 1 – Monday, June 11 – Friday, June 15
- SESSION 2 – Monday, July 9 – Friday, July 13
- TIME: Choose morning, 9:00 AM-12:00 PM or afternoon, 1:00-4:00 PM (no afternoon class available for Advanced Robotics June 11-15)
- COST: $95.00 each session – Cash or check, payable to Jill Gibson.
- Camp Counselors will be NDPA students earning money to go to Spain!
STEM COORDINATOR: Jill Gibson (Master’s Degree in Elementary Education, 24 years of teaching & LEGO Extraordinaire because of her two young sons.) Want more information? email@example.com
SPAIN SUMMER EXCHANGE PROGRAM – Israel Jarabo, a former NDPA JH teacher, has a group of students in his current school, ages 13-16, who are interested in doing a summer exchange with NDPA students. This is a great opportunity for families to host a Spanish student and help them experience American culture and, in return, help your student learn more about Spanish culture. Mr. Jarabo will facilitate the exchange program, visitors to Spain will go to his home town of San Vicente del Raspieg (information about the city here: https://www.immoabroad.com/blog/spain/alicante-costa-blanca/sant-vicent-del-raspeig). Date and length of stay are flexible. Please contact Israel Jarabo with questions, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monday, April 16 – 6th-8th Student Government Application Available
Monday, April 16 – AFTER SCHOOL: “Shrek” rehearsal
Monday, April 16 – Soccer HOME vs Quest (at Ellison Park)
Monday, April 16 – NDPA LEO Night at Chick-fil-A in Layton, 5:30-7:30 PM
Tuesday, April 17 – 4th grade field trip to Salt Lake City, Clearfield FrontRunner Station, 8:00 AM
Tuesday, April 17 – AFTER SCHOOL: Soccer Practice, Mighty Kicks, “Shrek” rehearsal
Tuesday, April 17 – 6th-8th Spain Study Abroad Information Meeting, students & parents invited to attend
Wednesday, April 18 – AFTER SCHOOL: “Shrek” rehearsal, K-6 Art, Spirit Squad
Wednesday, April 18 – Soccer HOME vs Ascent (at Ellison Park)
Thursday, April 19 – BYU Language Fair
Thursday, April 19 – AFTER SCHOOL: STEM, Science in Action, “Shrek” rehearsal, Jr. High Book Club
Friday, April 20 – AFTER SCHOOL: “Shrek” rehearsal, Soccer (2:30-4:00), Spirit Squad
Friday, April 20 – 7th-9th Skate Event at Classic Fun Center, 1:30-3:00 PM
Friday, April 20 – ART AUCTION, 6:00 PM
Saturday, April 21 – Spirit Squad, 7:00 AM
Saturday, April 21 – Volleyball Skills, 2:30 PM
Monday, April 23 – Soccer HOME (at Ellison Park)
Monday, April 23 – “Shrek” rehearsal, 6:00-8:00 PM
Tuesday, April 24 – AFTER SCHOOL: Soccer Practice, Mighty Kicks
Tuesday, April 24 – “Shrek” rehearsal, 6:00-8:00 PM
Wednesday, April 25 – 8th grade BizTown (formerly Reality Town), meet at Clearfield FrontRunner Station at 8:10 AM
Wednesday, April 25 – AFTER SCHOOL: K-6 Art, Spirit Squad
Wednesday, April 25 – Soccer AWAY vs OPA
Wednesday, April 25 – “Shrek” rehearsal (6:00-8:00 PM)
Thursday, April 26 – AFTER SCHOOL: STEM, Science in Action
Thursday, April 26 – “Shrek” rehearsal, 6:00-8:00 PM
Friday, April 27 – 6th-8th Student Government Application Due
Friday, April 27 – NDPA Immersion Applications open
Friday, April 27 – 6th grade field trip to Central Davis Sewer Plant
Friday, April 27 – AFTER SCHOOL: Soccer (2:30-4:00), Spirit Squad
Friday, April 27 – “Shrek” rehearsal, 6:00-8:00 PM
Saturday, April 28 – Spirit Squad, 7:00 AM
Saturday, April 28 – “Shrek” rehearsal, 9:00 AM-4:00 PM
Saturday, April 28 – Volleyball Skills, 2:30 PM
MARK YOUR CALENDARS
- NDPA LEO Night @ Zupas, Tuesday, May 1
- “May the 4th Be with You” 3rd grade lunch with parents
- Libraries close for the year, Friday, May 4
VOLUNTEER APPLICATION: https://apps.raptortech.com/Apply/NDgyOmVuLVVT
VOLUNTEER PORTAL: https://apps.raptortech.com/Volunteer/Login/NDgyOlZvbHVudGVlcjplbi1VUw%3d%3d
2017-18 ANNUAL CALENDAR: http://northdavisprep.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/2017-2018-Calendar-BOARD-APPROVED-2-01-17-NDPA-1.pdf
2018-19 ANNUAL CALENDAR: http://northdavisprep.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/2018-19-Annual-Calendar.pdf
MARQUEE GREETINGS: http://signup.com/go/3yryKw
TEACHER KUDOS: http://signup.com/go/zLWhzL
NDPA ON FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/northdavisprep/
POET ON INSTAGRAM: poet_ndpa
BOX TOPS: http://www.boxtops4education.com/bonusapp