NO SCHOOL – MONDAY, October 10 – Teacher Prep Day
IN THIS EDITION:
- NDPA Fall Carnival @ Black Island Farms
- Parent Teacher Conference Scheduler closes THIS SUNDAY, October 9
- Usborne Book Fair During PTC
- Flu Shot Clinic during PTC
- NDPA Science Fair 2017
- WSU Ritchey Science Fair Workshop TOMORROW, October 8
- Jr. High Sports
- After-School Activities
- Jr. High Music Club
- Polar Plunge & Spain Parent Meeting
- Thank you to our marquee volunteers!
- Volunteer Hours List
NDPA FALL CARNIVAL – This year’s carnival will be held at Black Island Farms in Syracuse, 3178 South 3000 West.
- $5 for maze and courtyard activities,
- $8 for maze, courtyard, and hayride (includes pumpkin),
- additional $10 for haunted house.
Performances throughout the evening from Cheer, Dance, & Zumba!
PARENT TEACHER CONFERENCE – Parent Teacher Conferences will held Monday, October 17-Wednesday, October 19. Go to https://www.canyoncreeksoftware.com/scheduler/ut/northdavisprep/ to schedule. The password is “lions.” You will need to enter your student’s 4-digit ID (which you can find on Aspire Gradebook) or birth date to schedule. If you have problems scheduling, please contact Jean at the elementary (801) 547-1809 or your student’s teacher.
USBORNE BOOK FAIR DURING PARENT TEACHER CONFERENCES: Mark your calendars! We will be hosting an Usborne Books and More Book Fair. It will be held on Friday, October 14, and Monday, October 17- Wednesday, October 19.
FLU SHOT CLINIC DURING PTC – Tuesday, October 18, 2:00-5:00 PM. Cost is $31.99 or $0 co-pay with insurance (please bring insurance card). Vaccines for ages 7+ can also be administered.
NDPA SCIENCE FAIR 2017 – Click this link to see the Science Fair Packet for NDPA’s annual Science Fair: http://northdavisprep.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/2016-2017-Science-Fair-Packet.pdf! Please make note, I have greatly reduced the information in this packet and hopefully made it more user friendly. Also a few things have changed from last year:
- The science fair date is now the last Wednesday in January, January 25, 2017.
- Also please note that set up will be on the same day as science fair so your students will bring their boards to the junior high gym on the same day as the fair.
- Registration forms are now due in December before the break.
WSU FALL RITCHEY SCIENCE FAIR WORKSHOP will be held TOMORROW, October 8, from 8:00 AM to Noon. Students, parents, and teachers are encouraged to attend. Click here to see a flier with more information: http://northdavisprep.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/RitcheySEF2017Workshop1Flyer.pdf.
This workshop is designed for grades 6-10. Students who have attended this workshop in the past, students who have already started their projects, and those who are juniors and seniors in high school are encouraged to attend the last half of this workshop and come in at 10:30 to 11:00 AM rather than 8:00 AM. All students, parents, and teachers must register for the workshop, even those who will be attending only the second half.
JR. HIGH SPORTS
- Girl’s Basketball Tryouts, Tuesday, October 11, 3:20-4:30 PM, Jr. High gym
- XCountry Awards Banquet, Thuesday. October 11. 5:30-7:00, Jr. High gym
- Boy’s Basketball Tryouts, Wednesday, October 12, 3:20-4:30 PM, Jr. High gym
AFTER-SCHOOL ACTIVITIES CODE OF CONDUCT: Registration for After-School Activities is voluntary and implies agreement that your student(s) will abide by the NDPA core values.
With emphasis on:
- All interactions with teachers/volunteers, students and parents are based on honesty, trust and respect.
- All students will demonstrate personal and social responsibility.
Additionally, it is agreed that all students will be picked up promptly at 4:00 PM.
- Mark your calendar: BRICKS 4 KIDZ
Thursdays, October 27, November 3, 10, 17
Registration will be online, watch Qué Pasa for sign-up link.
- 6th-9th VOLLEYBALL SKILLS TRAINING
NDPA Jr. High Gym.
Runs every other Saturday: October 8th & 22nd
$20 (includes a ball and t-shirt).
Sign up and sign waiver at the Jr. High POET desk. Make checks to POET and put in the POET box. Participants must have a waiver signed by a parent/guardian.
- YOUTH BAGPIPE BAND – 4th grade to age 17 welcome
Wednesdays, 4:30-5:30 PM, elementary library
Initial investment $65 for bagpipe chanter.
No sign up necessary, just come!
Bagpipes and drums. Questions? Contact Eric Billings, firstname.lastname@example.org
JR. HIGH MUSIC CLUB – Meets Fridays, starting October 6, right after school until 2:00 PM, in Mrs. Bentley’s room #218. If you like music, come join us!
POLAR PLUNGE & SPAIN PARENT MEETING (for the last 15 minutes)
- Who’s Invited: All Students
- When: October 18th 6:30 PM in the Jr. High Gym
- Why: It’s never too early to begin saving for the 9th Grade Trip to Spain. At this meeting we will cover what a Polar Plunge is and how to attain sponsors. It’s strongly encouraged that 7th and 8th grade students jump in the Polar Plunge both years to begin their Spain trip earnings.
THANK YOU TO OUR MARQUEE VOLUNTEERS – This is a big shout out and THANK YOU to Kenny Conners and his dependable group of volunteers who have, for many years, taken care of the two marquees for NDPA. They have changed out the marquees each and every week all year long. Including the during the hot summer and frigid winter months. Kenny has been overseeing this process for more years than he would probably like to remember and it is with a tremendous amount of gratitude that POET and the families of NDPA say “thank you!”
VOLUNTEER HOURS LIST – If you’re not sure how to check the number of volunteers hours you have logged, go to this link to check your name on the list: http://northdavisprep.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/October-4-Vol-Hours.pdf
Sunday, October 9 – Parent Teacher Conference Scheduler closes
Monday, October 10 – NO SCHOOL – Teacher Prep Day
Monday, October 10 – Volleyball practice, 5:30-7:00 PM
Tuesday, October 11 – Girl’s Basketball Tryouts Jr. High gym, 3:30-4:30 PM
Tuesday, October 11 – AFTER-SCHOOL: K-6 Choir
Tuesday, October 11 – XCountry Banquet, 5:30 PM
Wednesday, October 12 – Boy’s Basketball Tryouts Jr. High gym, 3:30-5:30 PM
Wednesday, October 12 – AFTER-SCHOOL: K-6 Art, Techno Club, Bagpipe Band (4:30-5:30), Cheer (6:00-7:30)
Wednesday, October 12 – POET meeting, elementary library, 6:30 PM.
Thursday, October 13 – School Photo Make-up Day
Thursday, October 13 – NDPA POET Fall Carnival at Black Island Farms, 4:00-10:00 PM (NDPA performances begin at 6:00 PM.)
Friday, October 14 – Usborne Book Fair begins
Friday, October 14 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Music Club, EcoGeeks, Dance, Cheer (3:30-5:30), Volleyball (5:30-7:00)
Monday, October 17-Wednesday, October 19 – EARLY OUT – Parent Teacher Conferences – Usborne Book Fair
Monday, October 17 – Volleyball practice, 5:30-7:00 PM
Tuesday, October 18 – Flu Shot Clinic, 2:00-5:00 PM
Tuesday, October 18 – Spain Study Abroad Polar Plunge & Parent Meeting, 6:30 PM
Wednesday, October 19 – Cheer practice (6:00-7:30)
Wednesday, October 19 – NDPA Board meeting, elementary library, 6:00 PM.
Thursday, October 6-Friday, October 7 – NO SCHOOL-Fall Break
Friday, October 7 – Volleyball practice, 5:30-7:00 PM
Saturday, October 8 – Volleyball Skills Class, 2:00-4:00 PM
MARK YOUR CALENDARS:
- 4th & 5th grades “Spooktacular” Lunch with Parents – Monday, October 31
CLICK HERE TO SEE THE ANNUAL SCHOOL CALENDAR: http://northdavisprep.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/2016-2017CalendarNDPA.pdf