IN THIS EDITION:
- After School Reminder
- K-6 School Picture Day (and Jr. High make up day), THIS Thursday, September 1
- Dollar Dress Day THIS Friday, September 2!
- Join NDPA Alerts
- Order Your K-6 Yearbook
- Order Jr. High Yearbooks
- NDPA Fun Run – Monday, September 19
- Science Olympiad, Grades 7-9
- After-School Activities – Mighty Kicks Soccer, Bagpipe Band
- NDPA Family Spirit Night – Friday, September 2 @ Moe’s
- At-Home Volunteer Opportunity
AFTER SCHOOL REMINDER – Parents, please note that school ends at 3:00 PM (1:00 PM Fridays) for Kinder-6th and 3:10 PM (Fridays at 1:10 PM) for 7th-9th. Teachers and staff often have meetings after school and are unable to supervise your children. All students should be picked up within 15 minutes of school’s end.
K-6 SCHOOL PICTURE DAY, THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 1 – Time to get your smiles ready for picture day! Pre-order photo packages now at inter-state.com/order, use NDPA order code 08003XF. We will also be taking Jr. High students who were not able to make it to registration day. Students should wear regular NDPA uniforms on photo day.
DOLLAR DRESS DAY is THIS Friday, September 2. Pay for the year in advance for only $9.00! You can find payment envelopes in the office at both
buildings. All donations go directly to the field trip fund for your student’s grade. Click here to see more about Dollar Dress day: http://northdavisprep.org/?page_id=237.
JOIN NDPA ALERTS to receive important school messages – Be in the know by signing up for NDPA Alerts through remind.com! Text “@k-4alerts” or “@5-9alerts” to 81010. If you have trouble using 81010, try texting to (385) 218-6887.
ORDER YOUR K-6 YEARBOOK NOW – Making new friends and memories are important parts of school. Help your student keep the memories alive with an NDPA Elementary Yearbook! Order your 2016-17 yearbook for only $14. Visit yearbookordercenter.com or call 866-287-3096 – NDPA school code is 20030. Price will increase to $18 after December 16. No yearbooks will be sold the last day of school. Contact Audrey Laser, firstname.lastname@example.org or Shelly Madsen, email@example.com with questions or concerns.
ORDER YOUR JR. HIGH YEARBOOK NOW – Did you miss purchasing your yearbook at registration day? It’s not too late! Order your NDPA Jr. High Yearbook for only $22. Visit yearbookordercenter.com or call 866-287-3096 – Jr High NDPA school code is 16104 (note, this code is different from the elementary code). Price will increase to $26 after December 16. No yearbooks will be sold the last day of school. Contact Nushean Lowder, firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or concerns
SCIENCE OLYMPIAD – Attention: returning Science Olympiad team members…we have big shoes to fill from last year’s season! There will be a team meeting on Friday, September 2, from 1:30-2:30 PM in Mrs. Adams’ room to discuss the upcoming season and tryouts. If you were on the team last year and want to compete again, please be there!
NDPA FUN RUN – Arrr, Mateys! The North Davis Preparatory Academy 6th Annual Lion Pride Fun Run is Monday, September 19th, 2016 at the NDPA Junior High school parking lot. Check-in is from 5:30 – 6:00 pm. There will be a 5K and a 1-mile course (see course maps below).
Avast! September 19th is Talk Like a Pirate Day, so we’re going to DRESS like a PIRATE! Don’t be afeard! Get yer sealegs ready or you’ll be walking the plank! Wear your favorite pirate running clothes. Registration is ONLINE at http://www.regtix.com (search: NDPA). The Regtix registration site will close PROMPTLY at 3:45 pm on Monday, September 12th. Registration will not be available after this time. Any extra shirts will be made available for purchase at a later date and information on how to purchase a shirt will be published in ¡Qué Pasa!
Fun Run shirts can be worn on dress down Fridays…even if you can’t participate in the event, be sure to register to get a spirit shirt!
- VOLUNTEERS NEEDED TO HELP WITH THE FUN RUN – Please go to http://signup.com/go/ZnssfZ to sign up. THANK YOU!
- If you would like to contact businesses for donations for a raffle at the Fun Run, please contact Kim Valeika directly at email@example.com
AFTER-SCHOOL ACTIVITIES CODE OF CONDUCT: Registration for After-School Activities is voluntary and implies agreement that your student(s) will abide by the NDPA core values.
With emphasis on:
- All interactions with teachers/volunteers, students and parents are based on honesty, trust and respect.
- All students will demonstrate personal and social responsibility.
Additionally, it is agreed that all students will be picked up promptly at 4 p.m.
- MIGHTY KICKS – K-2nd Mighty Kicks Soccer is returning to NDPA! Soccer is a popular recess activity and Mighty Kicks is a great way to help your student learn skills. Classes will be held Tuesdays, September 6, 13, 20 & 27, 3:00-4:00 PM, on the elementary playground. To sign up, visit http://www.mightykicksnorthslc.net/davis-preparatory-academy.cfm, cost is only $35. View this video for a look at Mighty Kicks Soccer: https://vimeo.com/152877348.
- ZUMBA – K-6th grade, Thursdays, September 8, 15, 22, 29, October 6. Class is from 3:00-4:00 PM. Cost is $5. Sign up at the POET desk beginning Monday, August 29. Put money in the POET box. If paying by cash, please use an envelope (located near the box) to label the money with your child’s name. Students are able to dance in their school uniforms. If they choose to change into active wear, please make sure it meets school standards.
- YOUTH BAGPIPE BAND – Youth Bagpipe Band – 4th grade to age 17 welcome
Wednesdays, 4:30-5:30 PM, elementary library
Initial investment $65 for bagpipe chanter.
No sign up necessary, just come!
Bagpipes and drums. Questions? Contact Eric Billings, firstname.lastname@example.org
Coming soon: Choir and Art!
NDPA FAMILY SPIRIT NIGHT – The 1st NDPA Family Spirit Night will be held September 2, at Moe’s Southwest Grill in Layton. You can stop by any time during that day and say you are there to support NDPA. Moe’s will donate a portion of all sales back to our school! Be sure to show this flier to get an awesome deal on food and make sure NDPA gets credit: http://northdavisprep.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/2016-Moes-NDPA-Fundraiser.pdf.
‘What is NDPA Family Spirit Night’ you ask? Well, let me explain… NDPA is a commuter school, meaning all the students don’t live within a certain area or boundary – our students come from all over. Having a Family Spirit Night allows parents and kids to get together and socialize outside of school. Parents get to know their children’s friends, and vice versa, in a laid back, fun atmosphere. All families, faculty, and staff are invited to attend Family Spirit Nights. So grab your friends, families & neighbors and plan a time and meet at Moe’s, on Sept 2nd for some good food and fun times!
This will be the first of many fun Family Spirit Nights for our NDPA students. Watch Que Pasa for information about future Family Spirit Nights!
AT-HOME VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY – The Art Auction is NDPA’s biggest fundraiser of the year; this year’s Art Auction will be on March 10, 2017, at the Davis Conference Center. Along with a live auction, where your student’s artwork will be the center of attention, there will be a silent auction with items donated by local businesses.
To help get ready for the Art Auction, We are need volunteers for the donations committee. This is a really easy way to get those volunteer hours! Much of the work be done from home via phone or email. We even have an easy script to follow and businesses are happy to donate. We want to have a good turnout of items for our silent auction to help earn money for our school. Please contact Isabel Patterson at email@example.com or voice/text: 801-380-7659. We will have a meeting this coming Wednesday, August 31, at 8:00 PM. Please text or email for more information. We would love to have you join our committee!
- If you own or have an “in” with a business that can donate, please contact Isabel Patterson to make arrangements, firstname.lastname@example.org or voice/text: 801-380-7659.
Monday, August 29 – AFTER-SCHOOL: EcoGeeks
Wednesday, August 31 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Cheer practice, 6:00-7:30 PM; Bagpipe Band, 4:30-5:30 PM
Thursday, September 1 – K-6 Picture Day (and Jr. High make-up day)
Thursday, September 1 – Community Council, 3:30 PM, Jr. High library
Friday, September 2 – Dollar Dress Day
Friday, September 2 – AFER-SCHOOL: EcoGeeks, Science Olympiad
Friday, September 2 – NDPA Family Spirit Day @ Moe’s (all day)
Monday, September 5 – NO SCHOOL, Labor Day
Tuesday, September 6 – AFTER-SCHOOL: Mighty Kicks, elementary playground, 3:00-4:00 PM
Wednesday, September 7 – Bagpipe Band, 4:30-5:30 PM
Friday. September 9 – AFTER-SCHOOL: EcoGeeks
Friday. September 9 – Jr. High Student Body Kickball, 1:00-4:00 PM
MARK YOUR CALENDARS:
- NDPA Fun Run – Monday, September 19