We hope you had a great first 3 days of school!
IN THIS EDITION:
- NDPA Lions R.O.A.R.!
- School Lunch Payments – delays in posting to Gradebook
- Donate for the Whole Year of Dollar Dress Days for only $9.00
- Join NDPA Alerts
- K-6 School Picture Day (and Jr. High make up day), Thursday, September 1
- NDPA Fun Run
- Order Your K-6 Yearbook
- Order Jr. High Yearbooks
- Science Olympiad for Grades 7-9
- NDPA JH Sports
- After-School Activities
NDPA LIONS R.O.A.R.! Our students have Respect, Ownership, Achievement, and Responsibility. NDPA elementary teachers are teaching all students what ROAR looks like and sounds like so each student can develop these important traits. We are teaching these behaviors throughout the school. We will reinforce and recognize students who show respect, ownership, achievement, and responsibility by handing out tickets to students using ROAR behaviors. If you have a student bring home a ROAR ticket, please ask them what they did to earn it and encourage ROAR behaviors. We will have weekly and monthly drawings for ROAR rewards, as well as a ROAR class of the month. We appreciate your parent support in teaching our lions how to ROAR!
SCHOOL LUNCH PAYMENTS – At this time of year, we have quite an influx of school lunch payments. Please be patient while we process your online and in-school payments, it could take up to 3 days to appear in your student’s account, we will still feed your student in the meantime!
- See the lunch menu here: http://northdavisprep.org/?page_id=346. Daily lunch rates are K-6 $2.00, 7-9 $2.40.
- To pay online: https://zb.rpropayments.com/Login/CheckOutFormLogin/wr7JiiOwhEY6e3puEXDIoW8UQUk- or stop by the office to get a payment envelope.
- To apply for Free & Reduced lunch, go to Gradebook, https://ndavis.usoe-dcs.org/Login.aspx, look for a link to apply on the right side of the screen. You can also pick up paper applications in either building in the office or lunchroom.
Donate for DOLLAR DRESS DAY for the year for only $9.00! You can find payment envelopes in the office at both buildings. All donations go directly to the field trip fund for your student’s grade.
JOIN NDPA ALERTS to receive important school messages – Be in the know by signing up for NDPA Alerts through remind.com! Text “@k-4alerts” or “@5-9alerts” to 81010. If you have trouble using 81010, try texting to (385) 218-6887.
K-6 SCHOOL PICTURE DAY, THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 1 – Time to get your smiles ready for picture day! Pre-order photo packages now at inter-state.com/order, use NDPA order code 08003XF. We will also be taking Jr. High students who were not able to make it to registration day. Students should wear regular NDPA uniforms on photo day.
NDPA FUN RUN – Arrr, Mateys! The North Davis Preparatory Academy 6th Annual Lion Pride Fun Run is Monday, September 19th, 2016, at the NDPA Junior High School parking lot. Check-in is from 5:30-6:00 PM. The longer course (2.3 miles) will start at 6:15 PM with the shorter, 1 mile course, beginning immediately after. We hope to have a 5K course, if that is not possible we will run our usual 2.3 mile course.
Avast! September 19th is Talk Like a Pirate Day, so we’re going to DRESS like a PIRATE! Don’t be afeard! Get yer sealegs ready or you’ll be walking the plank! Wear your favorite pirate running clothes…registration begins ONLINE at http://www.regtix.com/ on MONDAY, August 22nd. The Regtix registration site will close PROMPTLY at 3:45 PM on Monday, September 12th. Registration will not be available after this time. Any extra shirts will be made available for purchase at a later date and information on how to purchase a shirt will be published in ¡Qué Pasa! Fun Run shirts can be worn on dress down Fridays…even if you can’t participate in the event, be sure to register to get a spirit shirt!
- VOLUNTEERS NEEDED TO HELP WITH THE FUN RUN – Please go to http://signup.com/go/ZnssfZ to sign up. THANK YOU!
- If you would like to contact businesses for donations for a raffle at the Fun Run, please contact Kim Valeika directly at email@example.com
ORDER YOUR K-6 YEARBOOK NOW – Making new friends and memories are important parts of school. Help your student keep the memories alive with an NDPA Elementary Yearbook! Order your 2016-17 yearbook for only $14. Visit yearbookordercenter.com or call 866-287-3096 – NDPA school code is 20030. Price will increase to $18 after December 16. No yearbooks will be sold the last day of school. Contact Audrey Laser, firstname.lastname@example.org or Shelly Madsen, email@example.com with questions or concerns.
ORDER YOUR JR. HIGH YEARBOOK NOW – Did you miss purchasing your yearbook at registration day? It’s not too late! Order your NDPA Jr. High Yearbook for only $22. Visit yearbookordercenter.com or call 866-287-3096 – Jr High NDPA school code is 16104 (note, this code is different from the elementary code). Price will increase to $26 after December 16. No yearbooks will be sold the last day of school. Contact Nushean Lowder, firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or concerns
Science Olympiad needs coaches! We need parents/family who are looking for some fun volunteer hours to coach an event for Science Olympiad! You don’t need to be an expert in science or math, just enjoy learning about it. Plus you will receive $50 for each event you coach! (That’s not including a supply budget). If you’re interested, please visit: https://www.soinc.org/short_event_descriptions to learn more about the events (We’re division B). We will be having a coaches meeting on Thursday, August 25, from 3:30-4:30 in Mrs. Adams’ room #210. Please contact her for more information at: email@example.com.
Attention: returning Science Olympiad team members…we have big shoes to fill from last year’s season! There will be a team meeting on Friday, September 2, from 1:30-2:30 PM in Mrs. Adams’ room to discuss the upcoming season and tryouts. If you were on the team last year and want to compete again please be there!
NDPA J.H. SPORTS – This year we are going to have a Cross country team as well as a Co-Ed Volleyball team. On August 22, we’ll meet with those interested in XC on the Jr. High field and with those interested in Volleyball in the Jr. High gym to sign people up and to give more details about the season.
- Volleyball-Games will be Mondays & Wednesdays, starting September 12. The Volleyball season will finish with a tournament the week of October 10.
- XC-Meets will start September 1, and will be Tuesdays and Thursdays. The season will finish October 6, with the State meet.
- K-2nd Mighty Kicks Soccer is returning to NDPA! Soccer is a popular recess activity and Mighty Kicks is a great way to help your student learn skills. Classes will be held Tuesdays, September 6, 13, 20 & 27, 3:00-4:00 PM, on the elementary playground. To sign up, visit http://www.mightykicksnorthslc.net/davis-preparatory-academy.cfm, cost is only $35. View this video for a look at Mighty Kicks Soccer: https://vimeo.com/152877348.
Coming soon: Choir, Zumba, and Art!
Thursday, September 1 – K-6 Picture Day (and Jr. High make-up day)
Thursday, September 1 – Community Council, 3:30 PM, Jr. High library
Friday, September 2 – Dollar Dress Day
- NDPA Fun Run – Monday, September 19