|Tutoring Support||www.kumon.com, www.ilslearning.com|
|Domestic Violence Information Line||1-800-897-LINK (5465)|
|Family Advocacy Office, Hill Air Force Base (Military affiliates)||801-777-3497|
|Safe Harbor Crisis Center (Shelter)||801-444-3191|
|Davis Behavioral Health||801-773-7060|
|Hill Air Force Base Family Support Center (Military affiliates)||801-777-4681|
|Davis County Housing Authority||(801) 451-2587|
|Department of Workforce Services||http:jobs.utah.gov/index.html|
|Information & Referral||Dial 211 — www.211.org|
|Online Utah Government Services||www.utah.gov/services/?type=citizen|
|Utah Department of Human Services||www.hs.utah.gov|
|United Way of Davis County||www.liveunited.org|
|WIC (Women, Infants and Children)||http://health.utah.gov/wic/|
|EMERGENCIES (24 HOURS)|
|National Suicide Prevention Lifeline||1-800-273-TALK (8255)|
Love and Logic
Parenting tips and tools
Fight the New Drug
Educating on the harmful effects of pornography for teens
Helping Teens with Digital Media
Help students think through posting to digital media
Eleven Ideas For Students With ADD
1. HELP ME TO FOCUS – Please teach me through my sense of touch. I need “hands on” and body movement.
2. I NEED TO KNOW WHAT COMES NEXT – Please give me a structured environment where there is a dependable routine.
3. WAIT FOR ME, I’M STILL THINKING – Please allow me to go at my own pace. If I am rushed, I get confused and upset.
4. I’M STUCK, I CAN’T DO IT! – Please offer me options for problem solving. If the road is blocked, I need to know the detours.
5. IS IT RIGHT? I NEED TO KNOW NOW – Please give me rich and immediate feedback on how I am doing.
6. I DIDN’T FORGET, I DIDN’T HEAR IT IN THE FIRST PLACE! – Please give me directions one step at a time, and ask me to say back what I think you said.
7. I DIDN’T KNOW I WASN’T IN MY SEAT! – Please remind me to stop, think, and act.
8. AM I ALMOST DONE? – Please give me short work periods with short term goals.
9. WHAT? – Please don’t say “I already told you that.” Tell me again, in different words. Give me a signal. Draw me a symbol.
10. I KNOW IT’S ALL WRONG, ISN’T IT? – Please give me praise for partial success. Reward me for self-improvement, not just for perfection.
11. BUT WHY DO I ALWAYS GET YELLED AT? – Please catch me doing something right and praise me for the specific positive behavior. Remind me about my good points when I am having a bad day.