POET – “Part Of Every Thing” – everyone is a member
What is POET?
POET is the parent organization at NDPA. Like a PTA or PTO, our POET helps organize special activities for our school and advocate for our students.
To us, POET stands for “Part Of Every Thing.” All parents are automatically members, and involved in all aspects of student life at NDPA. There are zero membership dues; your contribution as a volunteer makes you part of POET.
To find out how to become a member of the POET Board, contact the POET President.
How do I get involved?
- Fill out the volunteer application here: https://apps.raptortech.com/Apply/NDgyOmVuLVVT.
- After you’ve filled out your application, you can log your hours here: Volunteer Hours
- Instructions for logging hours: Step-By-Step Volunteer Hours (pdf)
- If you would like to volunteer in the classroom, ask your class captain about opportunities; your homeroom teacher can give you the Class Captain's information.
- Keep an eye on Que Pasa and Facebook for upcoming volunteer opportunities!
- Contact the volunteer coordinator for help and information: Volunteer Coordinator.
Here’s a sampling of the events POET sponsors (and opportunities to volunteer):
After School Activities (all year long) – There are many opportunities to get involved in after-school activities, you can just come to the school and hang out for a bit while your student has fun doing art, participating in choir, learning Zumba or sports!
Fun Run (September) – Your first big chance for volunteer hours, the Fun Run is great opportunity to mingle with other NDPA families, get a t-shirt that can be worn on Fridays, and win some prizes! There are many different areas you can help in advance of and during this fun kick-off event.
Fall Celebration (October) – This is a fun night for students to see each other’s costumes. The Fall Celebrations is a fun event for the whole family.
Fundraising Auction (Spring) – The Fundraising Auction is POET’s main annual event and the biggest fundraiser for our school. Putting the Auction together requires several committees, much of the work can be done at home, making decorations, contacting businesses for donations, wrapping up items for the silent auction, helping students create artwork for the live auction, and so much more!
Field Day (May) – Students love this all day event and lots of volunteers are needed to make it a super fun day for them! This is the last chance of the year to earn volunteer hours.